What’s the dumbest narrative you ever seen on here?

it goes to show that AT THE TIME he had almost no name value and it was very early in his career

so obviously people don't give it the weight of wins that were huge fights
We can't let casuals decide these things if it's up to them jones win over chael is better than his win over gustufson because at the time gus had no big name value it was some white guy that got subbed by phil davis, meanwhile cheal got a title fight he didn't deserve at a weight class he didn't fight in because he was on a reality tv show.

pQo7e8E.jpeg

Jon Jones really EVER was going to go up to heavyweight in any point of his career. It really will NEVER happen

Don’t see it as much anymore but for a while ‘spamming’ a technique seemed to somehow diminish a fighters win.
Fighter A just spammed leg kick/jab/ takedown...etc

it’s not a video game. If you can win a fight on one technique, do it. Winning a fight with the jab in boxing = masterclass. In MMA it’s a negative ???!

Don’t see it as much anymore but for a while ‘spamming’ a technique seemed to somehow diminish a fighters win.
Fighter A just spammed leg kick/jab/ takedown...etc

it’s not a video game. If you can win a fight on one technique, do it. Winning a fight with the jab in boxing = masterclass. In MMA it’s a negative ???!
if it were a video game pros would do that too, believe me.

"GSP is the GOAT" or "Cormier is a GOAT candidate".

There’s far too many to list:

- Conor had a broken foot
- BJ is a can because he fell off
- Colby is a marketing genius who’s completely self aware of his stupidity and what he does is commendable
- Nate was coming back in the championship rounds vs Masvidal
- BJ vs GSP 1 was a robbery
- Khabib vs Tibau was a robbery
- Absolutely everybody is on steroids, no exceptions
- Herb Dean is the best ref ever
- “You have to beat the champ to be the champ” / later rounds are more important (Jones vs Reyes)
- Losses when you’re 40 and out of your prime “tarnish” your legacy
- Fighters shouldn’t complain about payment because “they know what they’re getting into”
- Finishing fights makes you a greater fighter than winning overwhelmingly dominant decisions
- AS/GSP/JJ/Fedor is the #1 goat and this indisputable (as opposed to, they are all Goats).
Those are some well considered takes right there.

"GSP is the GOAT" or "Cormier is a GOAT candidate".
Truth hurts. I would not argue against jones, Fedor or GSP. I will argue against ANYONE else.

not the cormier bit though he's not an anything candidate imo
I love this one:

And it's not just Conor fans. It's Conor himself saying this shit:
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2020/1/...eat-but-ive-never-been-really-beaten-mma-news

"I’ve never really been beaten, let’s be real. You’ve never seen me beat. You beat a man by concussing him with blows to the nut. Putting him down."

@mcgregorrousey???
cringe

I don't what's worse, that post or the fact that you use light mode on sherdog
What's wrong with Light Mode?
I like to read black text on white backgrounds.
I don't like to read white text on black backgrounds.
Is that weird?

that we need to run Francis vs Lewis back

For me it’s people who bring up PED issues with fighters from past Era’s in a attempt to bring them
Down or discredit their legacy.

But also people who act like Mighty Mouse is a legit goat candidate, to me he was a big fish in a small pond and the fact that people say he’s on (Fedor,Silva,Bones,GSP) level makes me sick. I actually prefer Conor No title defenses legacy to his.

what about you?
The Demetrious Johnson detractors are actually some of the absolute worst. First of all, Noone has a skillset as complete as his. Noone will ever defend their belt as many times as him for a while. "big g I dh little pond? He fucked cejudo up the first time and got robbed the second time. Cejudo is p4p number three.

The same motherfucker who killed Marlon's campaign, ruined tj dillashaw and clowned cruz. Cruz was out of his prime but cejudo finished. Mighty mouse beat this guy. Not saying mm could beat Marlon etc but the caliber of opponent he had in cejudo is up there. He also broke Benavidez's face (another one of criz's hardest fights) , fucked John Dodson up (another guy wko finished tj, clowned horiguchi as well.
You wanna hate on flyweight? Let's hate on silva's middleweight division. I don't see you hating on it. It was not impressive at all apart from Franklin, Henderson and vitor. What, was leites a world beater? Was nate Marquardt an all time great? Could maia even strike? Or was he just memefied as k-1 maia because of his bad striking? Not saying they're bad fighters, just saying they're not impressive wins imo. Division was weak. People can't admit that dj is the GOAT because the idea of a 125er shatters your image of what a "true mma fighter should look like" or whatever other excuse y'all wanna use but the fact of the matter is he is the GOAT alongside jones. Noone in his division was fucking with him. Even in one fc with all those scary ass, suspiciously big "flyweights", who aren't ped tested and could possibly be illegally cutting weight, he's still laying down the law. The only person who's made Demetrious look bad is cruz. Oh yeah dj fucking sucks for losing to prime cruz doesn't he? Lol.

Lastly, I don't know why detractors like comparing him to conor. Dana white did the same thing it's awful. Of course conor would beat mm, he's four classes heavier but unlike conor, dj didn't abandon his division for "the next big thing" lol, he took the pressure of being the hunted and destroyed anyone. "looking for a new challenge" is dumb if you're a freshly minted champ. It's meaningless if you haven't cleaned your division out. It's a cheap excuse for fighters who don't want to face the pressure of being hunted. DC and nunes are legit double champs. Can't say the same about the others.

Dj bashing is weak shit.

Last edited:
“Mousasi would be MW/LHW champ“

elite skill set but never wins consistently. Yet, somehow, Moose is the “best MW of all time”.

Height = Size

"I don't watch flyweight fighters because I could probably beat them."

Best potential fighters are actually playing in the NBA, NFL etc...

That’s like asking who the worst serial killer was.
Easy, Denis Radar. The guy had gotten away with it for 20 years before his attention whoring ego got him caught because he couldn't bare the thought of a paper writing he had either died or been imprisoned for another crime.

Absolutely moronic and a valuable lesson on the value of modesty, lol.

Easy, Denis Radar. The guy had gotten away with it for 20 years before his attention whoring ego got him caught because he couldn't bare the thought of a paper writing he had either died or been imprisoned for another crime.

Absolutely moronic and a valuable lesson on the value of modesty, lol.

You know your shit, remind me not to piss you off, reps bro! Let’s be friends.

Back