What’s the dumbest narrative you ever seen on here?

I mean, I don’t think Chael would do that in any era because it’s an undesirable thing to do for most people.

Yeah, he got more views by being hated. But the vast majority wanted to see someone beat his ass because he was just annoying. I think most fighters know they could do this, they just choose not to. Making yourself hated by fans and colleagues for a fee thousand bucks is something most people aren’t interested in, it’s not some genius Andy Kaufman character work.

he's the perfect guy to play the role in todays America and current political divide and does it quite well

like you said, people want to see him get beat up which is what he was aiming for

I think your selling him a little bit short - not a lot of guys can step in and pull off this ridiculous annoying act like he's doing

- Lets talk 2017 back to karate "hottie's" melted candle butt

That was MM's biggest problem. UFC fans were not going to accept any other Flyweight as great, until one beat DJ.

#1 Contender fights were/are put on prelims. It was going to be treated, and reacted to, like a division of undercard fighters until theoretically DJ passed the torch and created his own respected competition.
Sounds casual as fuck to me.

how can you not rate the horiguchi win as valuable? he has a record of 28-3 and has wins over former title challengers also. At the time he fought mighty mouse he only had one loss. Conor is a proven built up star more than any other fighter in the ufc, but he's not a better win at lw than ferguson or gaethje who aren't. that's not how you measure the "legitimacy" of a fighter.

it was valuable but you have to look at it when it happens - he was really a young japanese prospect which not much name value

again - these guys didn't have the weight or big fight feel

I think what's acceptable in America has really changed from when Chael was fighting and now

he clearly doesn't have the natural talent, charisma, and isn't as Articulate as Chael - he's working with what he has

we can criticize him all we want(I personally cant stand the guy) but he's done a good job in making himself relevant

100%. I hate the guy and his act is so painful to watch that you have to give him credit. Also, I think it should be said. He upped his game too. The guy that lost to Usman was a nothing like the guy that lost to Warlley Alves. He made a fool of himself, but he also improved in that time. One without the other would have seen him out of the org fast

it was valuable but you have to look at it when it happens - he was really a young japanese prospect which not much name value

again - these guys didn't have the weight or big fight feel
and damien maia who you put on your anderson silva list entered that fight 1-1 with a brutal ko loss.... was? in one of the worst title fights ever? vs horiguchi on a 10+ fight wining streak in a fight that had the latest finish in ufc history?

"big fight feel" is a fucking meme, i'm sorry. It's not a metric of measuring legitimacy. which is what im discussing, not how many ppvs it sold

and damien maia who you put on your anderson silva who was 1-1 with a brutal ko loss.... was? in one of the worst title fights ever? vs horiguchi on a 10+ fight wining streak in a fight that had the latest finish in ufc history?

some on , let's be fair

maia was 6-1 at the time with some very solid wins over ufc vets and was considered one of the best bjj practitioners in the world

its was an interesting clash of styles and silva clearly wanted nothing to do with him on the ground

some on , let's be fair

maia was 6-1 at the time with some very solid wins over ufc vets and was considered one of the best bjj practitioners in the world

its was an interesting clash of styles and silva clearly wanted nothing to do with him on the ground
I am being fair, going into the silva fight maia had been ko'd within 2 fights. and that's the truth im not saying maia isn't legit but to say maia is for it's time record of 11-1 and horiguchi isn't (record 15-1) isn't fair. "he's a young japanese prospect" isn't a fair assessment, it stands to reason that most fighters who fight in those weightclasses come from japan in the first place.

For me it’s people who bring up PED issues with fighters from past Era’s in a attempt to bring them
Down or discredit their legacy.

But also people who act like Mighty Mouse is a legit goat candidate, to me he was a big fish in a small pond and the fact that people say he’s on (Fedor,Silva,Bones,GSP) level makes me sick. I actually prefer Conor No title defenses legacy to his.

what about you?
View media item 32441

Anyone who gets pissed at close decisions and yells robbery straight after
Like fight judging isn't completely subjective and difficult to do

I am being fair, going into the silva fight maia had been ko'd within 2 fights. and that's the truth im not saying maia isn't legit but to say maia is for it's time record of 11-1 and horiguchi isn't (record 15-1) isn't fair. "he's a young japanese prospect" isn't a fair assessment, it stands to reason that most fighters who fight in those weightclasses come from japan in the first place.

ok , even if we say thats fine - at the time this really wasn't a big fight

PPV did 125,000 buys
https://www.tapology.com/search/mma-event-figures/ppv-pay-per-view-buys-buyrate

in contrast the second sonnen fight did 925k and weidman 2 did 1 million

People who can't acknowledge mighty mouses greatness are some the ones that get to me the most. he has fought many good fighters and has many good wins. Also many finishes so that detraction doesn't stick to him either. also lost his title after 11 defenses, via split decision. He has wins over joe b twice, and since mighty mouse has been gone joe b has been booked for a title fight, twice so it was relevent then and it's relevent now. also a Finish over cejudo who just retired a double champ, x2 defenses against dodson who had a monster run at FLW.

Mighty mouses run is easily comparable to anderson silva. VERY easily. Horiguchi, Joe B, Dodson, and cejudo combine for 6 very high quality title defenses. and the ones that weren't as high quality like borg, moraga, and cariaso were all finishes, borg being maybe the most spectacular finish in history.

the fact you say conors legacy is comparable really goes to show how smoothbrained mighty mouses detractors actually are. Pretty casual take ts. tsk tsk.
Conors accomplishment
  1. Faster KO in history
  2. Double champion(first)
  3. Fastest KO in ufc history(title fight)
  4. KOs at 3 weight classes
  5. Beat ATG lightweights
  6. Beat ATG featherweights
  7. Beat GOAT featherweight
  8. He is the only fighter in UFC history to earn eight consecutive fight-night bonuses. No other fighter has won bonuses in more than six-straight fights.
Mighty Mouse
  1. GOAT of a shallow division
  2. Lost to GOAT BW cruz
  3. Lost to prime Cejudo
  4. Refused to move up in weight
  5. Refused to accept TJ coming down
  6. Best wins Joe B and a incredibly geeen Cejudo
The only thing MM has over him is title defenses, other than that nothing special. Conors not even in my top 10 btw.

no one would post that under a screen name on the internet that's clearly photoshopped to degrade that posters image. you should be ashamed of yourself.
Here is the thread:
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/real-champions-vs-official-champions.4072421/
<WellThere>
You were saying?

Here's another great thread by the same guy:
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...tory-against-these-fighters-in-order.4071079/

And another:
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/conor-was-winning-every-second-of-the-fight.3326293/

It's gems upon gems, I tell ya.

Last edited:
ok , even if we say thats fine - at the time this really wasn't a big fight

PPV did 125,000 buys
https://www.tapology.com/search/mma-event-figures/ppv-pay-per-view-buys-buyrate

in contrast the second sonnen fight did 925k and weidman 2 did 1 million
Okay.

this has what to do with legitmacy of competition? this is about why people detract from mighty mouse. If PPV sales really is such a factor i guess ronda conor and brock are the goats all along like the casuals said.

Okay.

this has what to do with legitmacy of competition?

it goes to show that AT THE TIME he had almost no name value and it was very early in his career

so obviously people don't give it the weight of wins that were huge fights

I believe X champion/fighter is clean because (Gives random reason.. ie he's passed all his tests!!.. He says steroids are bad.. I just believe him because he seems like a good guy).

Conors accomplishment
  1. Faster KO in history
  2. Double champion(first)
  3. Fastest KO in ufc history(title fight)
  4. KOs at 3 weight classes
  5. Beat ATG lightweights
  6. Beat ATG featherweights
  7. Beat GOAT featherweight
  8. He is the only fighter in UFC history to earn eight consecutive fight-night bonuses. No other fighter has won bonuses in more than six-straight fights.
Mighty Mouse
  1. GOAT of a shallow division
  2. Lost to GOAT BW cruz
  3. Lost to prime Cejudo
  4. Refused to move up in weight
  5. Refused to accept TJ coming down
  6. Best wins Joe B and a incredibly geeen Cejudo
The only thing MM has over him is title defenses, other than that nothing special. Conors not even in my top 10 btw.
you forgot

Johnson
1. Latest finish in UFC history 4:59 in round 5
2. most consecutive title defenses in ufc history
3. IS GOAT Fly weight

Mcgregor
1. Finished via submission in 3 weightclasses

And that last part about the bonuses isn't true, Gaethje has 9 bonuses in 7 straight fights.

Last edited:
Back