What´s wrong with this picture: how did Woodley...

It has everything to do with the topic, all 3 guys sitting out for injuries expecting a title fight. The less deserving gets it, the other two clearly more deserving don't. How does that NOT have to do with it?

It has nothing to do with the topic. There situations are all drastically different.

If you can't realize that, then I don't know what to tell you. You even admitted you were wrong on the Khabib one, then brought up the Dom one out of the blue.

It has nothing to do with the topic. There situations are all drastically different.

If you can't realize that, then I don't know what to tell you. You even admitted you were wrong on the Khabib one, then brought up the Dom one out of the blue.
In other words you have no arguments. By the way, I didn´t admit I was wrong, check the dictionary.

Fair enough = A way of conceding a point, or admitting while you may not agree with someone's opinion.

In other words you have no arguments.
That's a hell of a conclusion to make. Especially after your own admission you were wrong about Khabib.

1. Cruz had a potentially career changing/ ending injury and was out for a long time. They gave him a #1 contender match, which was clearly set up to see where he was.

He dominated it. They gave him the shot. He got injured AGAIN. Then they still give him the shot when he returned. If anything, the Cruz examples works against you as much as it works for you.

2. Khabib was never the #1 contender. He never fought in a designated #1 contender match. He was going to, then he got injured. They set up 2 more #1 contender matches for him. He pulled out of both.

And when he came back, they were going to put him in a #1 contender match, but then his opponent got injured.

How are either of those like Woodley? Woodley sat out because he WON a #1 contender match. Then he got leap frogged by Condit. So, he got burned as well, actually, by someone with even less of the claim to the belt. Which gave time for Thompson to close the gap and appear as another powerful contender.

They ended up giving it to Woodley I suppose because he had won a #1 contender match and the UFC decided to ultimately honour that.

Each of the situations is wildly different. I really don't know how you don't see that.

... get his shot but Khabib didn´t?

Woodley: after an embarrassing 30-27 to Rory and 2 victories over Dong Hyun Kim and Kelvin Gastelum stays 18 months out and comes back for the title shot....

Khabib: undefeated career and after a 6-fight winning streak including RDA who became champion later on, stays 20 months out and comes back to fight Ferguson (who pulled out before the fight)...

What´s wrong with this picture?
View attachment 131771 View attachment 131773
Nothing is wrong. Woodley had beaten more than one ranked opponent and Khabib has beaten RDA and 22 nobodies. Khabib fans are clamoring for him to get a shot right now but the guy should fight once or even twice more before a shot at the title. Outside of hardcores people don't know him and the fact is Eddie should fight the McGregor/Diaz winner Nate Diaz. It's a bigger fight it will make a ton of money and Nate will have just beat the UFC's "best fighter" two times in a row. Nate has also actually fought and beat multiple ranked contenders and has looked spectacular since losing to RDA.

That's a hell of a conclusion to make. Especially after your own admission you were wrong about Khabib.

1. Cruz had a potentially career changing/ ending injury and was out for a long time. They gave him a #1 contender match, which was clearly set up to see where he was.

He dominated it. They gave him the shot. He got injured AGAIN. Then they still give him the shot when he returned. If anything, the Cruz examples works against you as much as it works for you.

2. Khabib was never the #1 contender. He never fought in a designated #1 contender match. He was going to, then he got injured. They set up 2 more #1 contender matches for him. He pulled out of both.

And when he came back, they were going to put him in a #1 contender match, but then his opponent got injured.

How are either of those like Woodley? Woodley sat out because he WON a #1 contender match. Then he got leap frogged by Condit. So, he got burned as well, actually, by someone with even less of the claim to the belt. Which gave time for Thompson to close the gap and appear as another powerful contender.

They ended up giving it to Woodley I suppose because he had won a #1 contender match and the UFC decided to ultimately honour that.

Each of the situations is wildly different. I really don't know how you don't see that.
1 - I didn´t admit anything buddy, got check the dictionary, I´ll help you.
Fair enough. ... A way of conceding a point, or admitting while you may not agree with someone's opinion

2 - Give Dom the shot and let him show where he is, not a Mizugaki (clearly not #1 contender match, as you like to put it). And as Dom showed, he was clearly up to the challenge even after a long time off.

3 - ufc doesn´t follow any #1 contender match bullshit (look at Conor beating laughable Siver for #1 contender match). Anyways, Hendrix didn´t show up for the Woodley fight, so he didn´t win anything. Just like Yoel didn´t show up for the #1 contender match with Jacare (their first scheduled fight), and Jacare didn´t win the title shot, and then he had to fight Camozi while Luke (who got KOed by Vitor earlier) got the shot by beating Lyoto who was better ranked than Camozi. So, your logic doesn´t make any sense, buddy.

Nothing is wrong. Woodley had beaten more than one ranked opponent and Khabib has beaten RDA and 22 nobodies. Khabib fans are clamoring for him to get a shot right now but the guy should fight once or even twice more before a shot at the title. Outside of hardcores people don't know him and the fact is Eddie should fight the McGregor/Diaz winner Nate Diaz. It's a bigger fight it will make a ton of money and Nate will have just beat the UFC's "best fighter" two times in a row. Nate has also actually fought and beat multiple ranked contenders and has looked spectacular since losing to RDA.
22 nobodies? lmao.... Thanks for your insightful opinion.

1 - I didn´t admit anything buddy, got check the dictionary, I´ll help you.
Fair enough. ... A way of conceding a point, or admitting while you may not agree with someone's opinion

2 - Give Dom the shot and let him show where he is, not a Mizugaki (clearly not #1 contender match, as you like to put it). And as Dom showed, he was clearly up to the challenge even after a long time off.

3 - ufc doesn´t follow any #1 contender match bullshit (look at Conor beating laughable Siver for #1 contender match). Anyways, Hendrix didn´t show up for the Woodley fight, so he didn´t win anything. Just like Yoel didn´t show up for the #1 contender match with Jacare (their first scheduled fight), and Jacare didn´t win the title, and then he had to fight Camozi while Luke (who got KOed by Vitor earlier) got the shot by beating Lyoto who was better ranked than Camozi. So, your logic doesn´t make any sense, buddy.

Well, you ignoring Khabib entirely now is an even larger admission that I'm right. The entire point you based your thread around, you're not even acknowledging in your defense.

That's just a weak display. I mean basically, you've had to change your entire example because your first one fit so poorly with your argument.

Secondly, Cruz was injured. Woodley never was. Cruz was out almost 3 years before he came back. The BW division had changed so much that it's not hard to see why they gave him a #1 contender fight rather than a title shot. It's a warm-up fight for Cruz as much as anything. They gave him the shot immediately after, then he got injured again.

And even despite the fact that he was out another 2 years after that, they still honoured that win.

So, as I've said all along, the circumstances in these are all different. Hence, different results in each case. Cruz and Khabib are as different as Woodley and Cruz.

Side note. You basically defeated your own argument:

"ufc doesn´t follow any #1 contender match bullshit (look at Conor beating laughable Siver for #1 contender match)."

What else needs to be said besides that? You answered your own trainwreck of a thread.

Even though I think Woodley's shot was BS he beat Condit and generally fights more than once per year so...

22 nobodies? lmao.... Thanks for your insightful opinion.
Who else did he beat besides RDA... Abel Trujillo?!? I mean seriously I get the fact that he is undefeated but he has to beat at least one more if not two more named fighters. I hope you understand what I mean by named fighters. The guy is awesome but unproven. Eddie's not ducking him, he's just not gifting him a title shot. I think it has everything to do with merit when you talk about Tyron getting a shot and Khabib not getting one yet.

Well, you ignoring Khabib entirely now is an even larger admission that I'm right. The entire point you based your thread around, you're not even acknowledging in your defense.

That's just a weak display. I mean basically, you've had to change your entire example because your first one fit so poorly with your argument.

Secondly, Cruz was injured. Woodley never was. Cruz was out almost 3 years before he came back. The BW division had changed so much that it's not hard to see why they gave him a #1 contender fight rather than a title shot. It's a warm-up fight for Cruz as much as anything. They gave him the shot immediately after, then he got injured again.

And even despite the fact that he was out another 2 years after that, they still honoured that win.

So, as I've said all along, the circumstances in these are all different. Hence, different results in each case. Cruz and Khabib are as different as Woodley and Cruz.

Side note. You basically defeated your own argument:

"ufc doesn´t follow any #1 contender match bullshit (look at Conor beating laughable Siver for #1 contender match)."

What else needs to be said besides that? You answered your own trainwreck of a thread.
You obviously need an urgent course on text interpretation, you´re showing serious problems with it, just like your problem with words semantics, when you said that "fair enough" was me admmiting I was wrong.

Last time we´re doing this, Junior, try and learn something this time around. I was showing the ufc has no logic choosing their title contenders, just like 99% of your answers here have no logic, trying to defend and explain the ufc´s logic.... and please kid, do I have to mention Khabib´s name in every single response for you? Only unless you can´t follow a simple line of thought, which you clearly can´t.

It was because of Johnny Hendricks missing weight in a title eliminator, so the brass felt bad and gave him a shot.

Who else did he beat besides RDA... Abel Trujillo?!? I mean seriously I get the fact that he is undefeated but he has to beat at least one more if not two more named fighters. I hope you understand what I mean by named fighters. The guy is awesome but unproven. Eddie's not ducking him, he's just not gifting him a title shot. I think it has everything to do with merit when you talk about Tyron getting a shot and Khabib not getting one yet.
I know what you´re saying, but it´s exactly about "deserving" that I´m talking about, Woodley came from a loss to Rory and then only 2 victories, over Dong Hyun Kim and Gastelum.... how is that deserving more than Wonderboy, really?

I agree with what you said but for correction sake Woodley never won a #1 contender match. The fight with Hendricks may possibly have been one but Hendricks just failed to make weight so Woodley was promised a title shot.

You obviously need an urgent course on text interpretation, you´re showing serious problems with it, just like your problem with words semantics, when you said that "fair enough" was me admmiting I was wrong.

Last time we´re doing this, Junior, try and learn something this time around. I was showing the ufc has no logic choosing their title contenders, just like 99% of your answers here have no logic, trying to defend and explain the ufc´s logic.... and please kid, do I have to mention Khabib´s name in every single response for you? Only unless you can´t follow a simple line of thought, which you clearly can´t.

You didn't actually make any argument this post, you just slung insults and poorly attempted to defend what you said. Dont be so sensitive.

If you know the UFC has no logic in their match making, why even make a thread?

There circumstances were different and there is no such thing as "deserved" in combat sports. Happy you realize that now.

Not 27 man. do your research.

He fought RDA on April 19th, 2014. He fought Horcher on April 16th, 2016. It is now August 17th, 2016. 27 months ago was May 18th, 2014(leap year this year).

So, again. He's fought one time in the last 27 months.

I agree with what you said but for correction sake Woodley never won a #1 contender match. The fight with Hendricks may possibly have been one but Hendricks just failed to make weight so Woodley was promised a title shot.

Wasn't he promised a shot after Gastalum as well? It was awhile ago, but I swear that was the case.

Back