International Western Elites testing the idea of Conscription * Update Interestiog discussion and breakdown by Russel Brand

If China were to invade Taiwan, would you actually even be willing to help?

No. Because there's not a damn thing I, or my country can do that will make any sort of difference. The only country that can actually do anything useful is the US, and I don't live there. I'm not wasting my energy on futile virtue signalling.

You see China as a threat but not Russia; even though China and Russia are both allies and anything that strengthens one also strengthens the other?

Stop putting words in my mouth. I never said China is a threat.

YOUR biggest ally. Not mine, nor my country's. Europe could disappear off the face of the Earth and very little would change where I live other than German cars going bye-bye. Taiwan is more important to my country than all of Europe put together. Same with Japan, South Korea, and even Thailand and Brazil.
You are purely isolationist.
EU is largest U.S trade partner .....will enjoy and they are using U.K staffing services and insurance services and banks etc...really might disappear from face of earth and nothing there will happen with your pension and insurance company's & banks condition ....eurozone is 3 rd largest financial empire in world where damn a lot of money from money hungry U.K and U.S taxpayers had been invested..

Other stuff too: village europe is main supplier for insuline and litography equipment and bearings for centrifuges etc....
Centrifuges used to enrich uranium usually does have bearings manufactured in " useless " europe..

YOUR biggest ally. Not mine, nor my country's. Europe could disappear off the face of the Earth and very little would change where I live other than German cars going bye-bye. Taiwan is more important to my country than all of Europe put together. Same with Japan, South Korea, and even Thailand and
I dont think that europe needs U.S.
We will create new superempire and tell U.S to piss off.
New world order together with China and Iran& North Korea....India etc...

Didn't you had get that U.S isn't world's hegemon anymore and I for example don't think that may tax money should be used to support U.S jobs...China and India, North Korea, Iran and Pakistan might sell for cheaper price....

Nah, not having it. I'd rather see the homes of those pushing for this nonsense reduced to ash with them in it before a drop of blood from a young person gets shed in whatever pointless war the elites profit from.

You are purely isolationist.
EU is largest U.S trade partner .....will enjoy and they are using U.K staffing services and insurance services and banks etc...really might disappear from face of earth and nothing there will happen with your pension and insurance company's & banks condition ....eurozone is 3 rd largest financial empire in world where damn a lot of money from money hungry U.K and U.S taxpayers had been invested..

Other stuff too: village europe is main supplier for insuline and litography equipment and bearings for centrifuges etc....
Centrifuges used to enrich uranium usually does have bearings manufactured in " useless " europe..

Hey dumbass, what part of "I don't live in either the US or UK" do you not understand?

Next, all bearings & machine tools made in Europe have nearly identical counterparts in Japan and South Korea, guess you haven't heard of Koyo, NSK, DN Solutions, and DMG Mori among others. Other than AMSL and possibly Zeiss, there's nothing essential in Europe which doesn't have an foreign equivalent.

I actually disagree a little, what i think will happen is "foreign legion" concept becoming more popular

Merc companies are too expensive and pay ridiculous money , wagner paid 5x average monthly pay in russia.Now if we go to usa side it would be like 150k to 200k a year or 15k a month where i live which is way too much for ordinary grunt stuff

Easier to recruit poor third worlder into some official militarys "foreign legion" pay him shit money, put on flak jacket and send him forward while promising him citizenship or some other benefit

(FFL is full of third worlders who get paid 1200 euros a month which is basically nothing in france in my understanding)
If I had a budget of 1000 dollars a month for each soldier I could easily build a gigantic army willing to fight anywhere by recruiting people here. You don't even need to promise citizenship, just some basic career progression, some health insurance.
Minimum wage in Brazil is around 300 USD and 80% of people live on that. In places like Nigeria(over 200 million people) minimum wage is 25 USD!!!

Hey dumbass, what part of "I don't live in either the US or UK" do you not understand?

Next, all bearings & machine tools made in Europe have nearly identical counterparts in Japan and South Korea, guess you haven't heard of Koyo, NSK, DN Solutions, and DMG Mori among others. Other than AMSL and possibly Zeiss, there's nothing essential in Europe which doesn't have an foreign equivalent.
OK.
I don't care what stuff you might think about me like are I'm dumb or smart.
I don't think that europe needs U.S or USD with such Congress nor USD and doesn't needs U.S software licenses etc.
Europe should be smart and create new EMPIRE ....together with Iran, China, North Korea, India and Pakistan.
It will be empire regardless from your opinion and Kissinger had told that better is to be U.S enemy rather that friend.

all the good American men will be busy protecting the US from enemies within, all these fucks crossing the border

No. Because there's not a damn thing I, or my country can do that will make any sort of difference. The only country that can actually do anything useful is the US, and I don't live there. I'm not wasting my energy on futile virtue signalling.

Stop putting words in my mouth. I never said China is a threat.
My bad, I had just assumed that because you said Taiwan was your most important ally.

How could your country not make any difference? Sure, with an attitude like your own it wouldn’t make a difference. The sad thing is, most people have this attitude. Why would the US be the only country capable of doing anything?

How could your country not make any difference? Sure, with an attitude like your own it wouldn’t make a difference. The sad thing is, most people have this attitude. Why would the US be the only country capable of doing anything?

The only nations which can stop China from taking Taiwan are the nuclear ones, my country ain't one of them. The only ones which can deter them without going nuclear are the US and possibly Russia. Our navy can't even make it across the ocean without US or foreign help, and we have no bombers or any planes which can reach the area. Can't sanction China either since we're literally a rounding error in China's trade balance and there's nothing vital we sell them which they can't easily get from Russia and their other allies.

My country can't do anything to China militarily or economically, which leaves diplomacy as the only path to making a difference. Or, it would if China actually gave a fuck about what we think. Which they don't, they're quite happy with putting our former diplomats on show trials and jailing them. You might as well be asking New Zealand to stop Russia from invading the Ukraine.

Generally speaking if you want people to serve in professional military then you have to make it worth it.Offer good pay or benefits like college thing in usa.

Getting guys in uniform has been a problem forever for countries but there always was some solution.Ancient rome used to give pension after 20 years, a piece of land and veterans didnt have to pay certain taxes

Of course example above is from different time but just making a point that you have to offer people something to make it worth it

(if someone offered a piece of land for service where i live entire country would serve lol)

The only nations which can stop China from taking Taiwan are the nuclear ones, my country ain't one of them. The only ones which can deter them without going nuclear are the US and possibly Russia. Our navy can't even make it across the ocean without US or foreign help, and we have no bombers or any planes which can reach the area. Can't sanction China either since we're literally a rounding error in China's trade balance and there's nothing vital we sell them which they can't easily get from Russia and their other allies.

My country can't do anything to China militarily or economically, which leaves diplomacy as the only path to making a difference. Or, it would if China actually gave a fuck about what we think. Which they don't, they're quite happy with putting our former diplomats on show trials and jailing them. You might as well be asking New Zealand to stop Russia from invading the Ukraine.
Thanks for dropping all that information to me. I was unaware how weak militarily Canada is. Although, I don’t think getting US help to cross the ocean would be very difficult. I was never asking that Canada try to stop them from invading directly but it’s possible for Canada to provide aid- humanitarian aid. The US and Europe can handle the military aid.

Russia wouldn’t even attempt to stop China from invading Taiwan. A CCP run Taiwan only benefits Russia.

Jesus Christ people stop going to washed up comedians for world News and advice.

If I had a budget of 1000 dollars a month for each soldier I could easily build a gigantic army willing to fight anywhere by recruiting people here. You don't even need to promise citizenship, just some basic career progression, some health insurance.
Minimum wage in Brazil is around 300 USD and 80% of people live on that. In places like Nigeria(over 200 million people) minimum wage is 25 USD!!!
- And still would get trained guys. How the hell does our military doesnt has athleast a paid university to the guys?

‘It’s healthy to be on war alert’: Sweden’s conscription push gathers pace​

As it prepares to join NATO with the Ukraine war yet raging, Sweden’s long-held neutrality will soon become a principle of the past.

By Sara Kollberg
Published On 7 Feb 20247 Feb 2024

Gotland, Sweden – Conscript Linus pokes his head out of the commander’s hatch, eases himself through the opening, and lifts himself atop the tank.

Most of his days in the Swedish army are not so exciting, “but today, when we are shooting, it’s fun”, he says, holding an automatic rifle in his arms.

At 18, he is part of a new generation of conscripts that is hoped to boost the armed forces and remilitarise Sweden.

He is doing his service on Gotland, an island controlling the passage through the Baltic Sea, 275km (170 miles) from the Russian port of Kaliningrad.

Gotland represents the challenges facing Sweden as a whole.

The regiment here was disbanded militarily in 2005, when Russia was no longer seen as a threat. Now rearmament is taking place at pace, and the number of conscripts is tripling.

“This is a very special time in Swedish history, both for the nation and the armed forces, coming from neutrality and non-alliance, and then shifting towards collective defence within NATO. It’s a big step,” said Colonel Dan Rasmussen, commander of the Gotland Regiment.

He cast the situation as a societal awakening that began with Russia’s invasions of Georgia in 2008, Crimea in 2014, and finally the 2022 full-scale attack on Ukraine.

“We needed that final push to realise that it isn’t getting better, and now we are preparing for the worst.”

Cold War-era military service was dropped in 2010 as the country drastically reduced its armed forces.

Its reintroduction in 2018 was accelerated by the war in Ukraine and Sweden’s NATO application.

Conscription is up 30 percent this year, and the armed forces’ budget is up by 28 percent – giving them another $2.5bn.

In early 2023, Bloomberg reported that Sweden plans to double the number of conscripts to 10,000 by 2030.

Earlier this year, Prime Minister Ulf Kristersson said at the National Conference of Defence that Sweden “can’t sit around investigating things year after year. Now it’s important to get things done”.

Former NATO director of policy planning, Fabrice Pothier, agrees, saying Sweden went “too far in neglecting Gotland”.

“It is healthy to be on war alert and war readiness footing rather than in denial.”

He said Sweden’s neutrality in recent times has endangered the country.

However, a warning by Commander-in-Chief Michael Byden last month, that “all Swedes should mentally prepare for war”, stirred fears, especially among young people.

“Many young people and parents are calling us, worried that their kids will be sent to do conscription. ‘Will our kids have to fight for NATO? Are we in war?’ That’s the kind of questions they have,” said Kerstin Bergea, president of the Swedish Peace and Arbitration Society.

“Even our own armed forces say the risk of a military attack on Sweden is low. So to have such a huge build-up isn’t the right way to go. It doesn’t make Sweden or the world safer.”

Behind conscript Linus another tank starts moving, muddying the ground on its way to the shooting field.

Linus explains he wanted to follow in his father’s footsteps and be conscripted, but not all who are called up do it by choice. About 10 percent are there against their will.

More than 100,000 teenagers born in 2006 are being sent their muster papers this year.

Caspar Sterling is one of them, now waiting to see if he will be called.

Petting the family’s cat, he shows the forms he had to fill out on his laptop.

“It feels a bit scary that I might have to be away for nine months and not have a choice, risking going to jail if I don’t obey,” he said.

“[But] it feels important to do this, to contribute during the situation that we have now,” he says, continuing: “The fact that Russia has started a war again is scary.”

With Turkey having ratified Sweden’s application to NATO, the Nordic country is now waiting for only Hungary to do the same before it can become a full member of the alliance.

Not everyone is happy with this new reality.

“Sweden will leave 200 years of peace and enter a nuclear weapon alliance, NATO,” said Bergea.

Back on Gotland, tank driver Julia, another conscript, stops to load up on more ammunition.

“With the worldwide situation of today, I think it’s important,” she said.

She left home to live on Gotland for a year.

The island is usually known for long beaches and sunny days, but on this frigid February day, the harsh wind blows in from the sea as tanks fire live ammunition across the fields.

Few truly believe these weapons will be needed for real. But Sweden is not taking any chances.

In any case, these could be the last days of the country deciding its military direction – before NATO takes the reins.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024...-alert-swedens-conscription-push-gathers-pace

‘It’s healthy to be on war alert’: Sweden’s conscription push gathers pace​

As it prepares to join NATO with the Ukraine war yet raging, Sweden’s long-held neutrality will soon become a principle of the past.

By Sara Kollberg
Published On 7 Feb 20247 Feb 2024

Gotland, Sweden – Conscript Linus pokes his head out of the commander’s hatch, eases himself through the opening, and lifts himself atop the tank.

Most of his days in the Swedish army are not so exciting, “but today, when we are shooting, it’s fun”, he says, holding an automatic rifle in his arms.

At 18, he is part of a new generation of conscripts that is hoped to boost the armed forces and remilitarise Sweden.

He is doing his service on Gotland, an island controlling the passage through the Baltic Sea, 275km (170 miles) from the Russian port of Kaliningrad.

Gotland represents the challenges facing Sweden as a whole.

The regiment here was disbanded militarily in 2005, when Russia was no longer seen as a threat. Now rearmament is taking place at pace, and the number of conscripts is tripling.

“This is a very special time in Swedish history, both for the nation and the armed forces, coming from neutrality and non-alliance, and then shifting towards collective defence within NATO. It’s a big step,” said Colonel Dan Rasmussen, commander of the Gotland Regiment.

He cast the situation as a societal awakening that began with Russia’s invasions of Georgia in 2008, Crimea in 2014, and finally the 2022 full-scale attack on Ukraine.

“We needed that final push to realise that it isn’t getting better, and now we are preparing for the worst.”

Cold War-era military service was dropped in 2010 as the country drastically reduced its armed forces.

Its reintroduction in 2018 was accelerated by the war in Ukraine and Sweden’s NATO application.

Conscription is up 30 percent this year, and the armed forces’ budget is up by 28 percent – giving them another $2.5bn.

In early 2023, Bloomberg reported that Sweden plans to double the number of conscripts to 10,000 by 2030.

Earlier this year, Prime Minister Ulf Kristersson said at the National Conference of Defence that Sweden “can’t sit around investigating things year after year. Now it’s important to get things done”.

Former NATO director of policy planning, Fabrice Pothier, agrees, saying Sweden went “too far in neglecting Gotland”.

“It is healthy to be on war alert and war readiness footing rather than in denial.”

He said Sweden’s neutrality in recent times has endangered the country.

However, a warning by Commander-in-Chief Michael Byden last month, that “all Swedes should mentally prepare for war”, stirred fears, especially among young people.

“Many young people and parents are calling us, worried that their kids will be sent to do conscription. ‘Will our kids have to fight for NATO? Are we in war?’ That’s the kind of questions they have,” said Kerstin Bergea, president of the Swedish Peace and Arbitration Society.

“Even our own armed forces say the risk of a military attack on Sweden is low. So to have such a huge build-up isn’t the right way to go. It doesn’t make Sweden or the world safer.”

Behind conscript Linus another tank starts moving, muddying the ground on its way to the shooting field.

Linus explains he wanted to follow in his father’s footsteps and be conscripted, but not all who are called up do it by choice. About 10 percent are there against their will.

More than 100,000 teenagers born in 2006 are being sent their muster papers this year.

Caspar Sterling is one of them, now waiting to see if he will be called.

Petting the family’s cat, he shows the forms he had to fill out on his laptop.

“It feels a bit scary that I might have to be away for nine months and not have a choice, risking going to jail if I don’t obey,” he said.

“[But] it feels important to do this, to contribute during the situation that we have now,” he says, continuing: “The fact that Russia has started a war again is scary.”

With Turkey having ratified Sweden’s application to NATO, the Nordic country is now waiting for only Hungary to do the same before it can become a full member of the alliance.

Not everyone is happy with this new reality.

“Sweden will leave 200 years of peace and enter a nuclear weapon alliance, NATO,” said Bergea.

Back on Gotland, tank driver Julia, another conscript, stops to load up on more ammunition.

“With the worldwide situation of today, I think it’s important,” she said.

She left home to live on Gotland for a year.

The island is usually known for long beaches and sunny days, but on this frigid February day, the harsh wind blows in from the sea as tanks fire live ammunition across the fields.

Few truly believe these weapons will be needed for real. But Sweden is not taking any chances.

In any case, these could be the last days of the country deciding its military direction – before NATO takes the reins.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024...-alert-swedens-conscription-push-gathers-pace

10k yearly by 2030 is still low with swedens population , fin has about 24k each year with half the population

In other news Latvia started conscription service again in this january

Also, I think military spending on propaganda done properly could absolutely increase the amount of people joining the military.
fbec9965867ca8820de65f19e3f478ac232e0ee349a22ac635dd854f516bf12c.jpg

I don't think enough American men are masculine enough anymore to be worth a shit in a military operation.

You have no idea how bad it is. Fat, shitty, useless people are allowed to stay in the military now. It used to be that they were kicked out and separated under a General Discharge or such.

One Sailor that my friend served with was a lazy POS who wouldn't get his drivers license. It was important so that he could drive a Command Duty Van or such and pick up sailors at the Airports or give them rides home from bars to keep them from drinking, driving, and possibly dying. The fat piece of shit failed to meet body standards, couldn't stand watch because he couldn't be the "duty driver", and was counseled for repeatedly being late because his fat ass didn't walk from the barracks to work on time.

This turd couldn't pass the PRT test and was given time away from work every day to muster at the Gyn and attend mandatory PT sessions. He'd fuck off on an elliptical or recumbent bike. This bitch even cried at work telling his Chief that he was being picked on.

What happened to the useless, fat, piece of shit? He applied for an Enlisted to Officer program and got accepted. He's now a LT Junior Grade or LTJG as they're known. I met the guy when he was enlisted and there is no way I'd want to serve under him or have to trust him to lead.

Also, I think military spending on propaganda done properly could absolutely increase the amount of people joining the military.

^^ This is a really good point. The old Army commercials with "Be, all that you can be" and "We do more before 9 AM than most people do all day" were a huge hit.

The Village Peoples song "In the Navy" and the original "Top Gun" boosted Navy recruitment. USMC's messages of the "Few, the Proud, the Marines" and "We're looking for a few good men" have stuck around and I think still resonate with many as the Marines and newly made Space Force are the only branches actually hitting their recruitment goals.

Military enlistment has plummeted and I don't blame the youth of today. Social media has made many aware of what you're actually signing up for and today's youth aren't blindly patriotic to the point that they'll "Defend democracy" by sacrificing their life near a bunch of oil fields in some distant land.

If the US Military contracted a savvy advertising company that could appeal to this younger generation I agree with you that the right "propaganda" could increase recruitment numbers. You can join any branch and become a crypto or IT Specialist and come out with job prospects in the 75-125k / year salary range. For some reason the ads don't tell you that you can do 4 years, get training / skills / certs, get a degree while in or use the GI bill when out, and be set to earn six figures for life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back