Were you guys okay with Max Rohskoph quitting?

Were you guys okay with Max Rohskoph quitting?

• Total voters
It's his choice, quitting is part of the game....

Plenty of fighters quit in there, just not as honestly as Rohskoph....I actually think it took huge balls to quit in the stool like that, plenty of fighters have wanted to do the samething, but they don't have the balls to speak up/quit thus they go on and take a beating that ultimately hurts their careers.

......but we have to admit he did quit thus he is a quitter in this case....Doesn't mean he's a quitter for life or in every fight, even GSP tapped to strikes and came back.

He totally deserves another shot, dude took the fight on short notice.

Dana needs to STFU...Dude stepped up and he shits all over him....Dana needs to have some fucking honor, stfu, and leave the door open for the guy if he wants to fight again with hopefully a full training camp this time....Let the fighter decide!

It's his choice......but we have to admit he did quit thus he is a quitter in this case....Doesn't mean he's a quitter for life or in every fight, even GSP tapped to strikes and came back.

He totally deserves another shot, dude took the fight on short notice.

Dana needs to STFU...Dude stepped up and he shits all over him....Dana needs to have some fucking honor, stfu, and leave the door open for the guy if he wants to fight again with hopefully a full training camp this time....Let the fighter decide!
Did you listen to what Dana said?

i feel like you didnt actually listen to what dana said

he went to great pains to express that he thought it was ok for him to quit

If he wanted to quit he should have done it like a professional. Go to the ground and simply tap to the strikes.

giphy.gif

Yeah he is shitting all over him and talking about the UFC being on a whole other level meanwhile CMPunk fought in the UFC.

He could of simply said...."He stepped up on short notice, and he has to decide what he wants to do in the future but the door is open to him here in the UFC for stepping up"

But of course not, the POS has no honor.

There's not a chance in hell that idiot actually watched the video or even read a transcript of what Dana said.

Dana was very direct when he stated something akin to "when you're done...you're done." I can't see any reason to stay in a fight where you're physically and mentally broken. Chalk it up to experience and move on with your life; either it motivates you in the gym, or perhaps it alters your entire career path and you get out of the fight game. As someone else already mentioned GSP tapped to strikes because he was in a bad way and didn't see a way out...now he's easily one of the GOATS in the sport.

you gotta listen to your body, sometimes its telling you things where things are worse than they seem on the surface, not sayin this was the case here but fighters need to be able to quit without being pressured to continue on by their corner or outside fans/media

I like what Dana said in the clip.

If he wanted to quit he should have done it like a professional. Go to the ground and simply tap to the strikes.

giphy.gif

And GSP Went on the most epic run in UFC history after saying he was done in one specific fight. There is no shame in knowing when to quit...

Unless, you quit to an inside leg kick, imo. I just can’t justify that.

I'd be interested in hearing how Rohskoph felt about quitting when he cooled off. The corner tired to talk him into going one more round because they knew what a massive psychological blow it will be to his MMA career. But the real fuckup was accepting this fight on short notice, the guy was gassing after 4 minutes.

Yeah he is shitting all over him and talking about the UFC being on a whole other level meanwhile CMPunk fought in the UFC.

He could of simply said...."He stepped up on short notice, and he has to decide what he wants to do in the future but the door is open to him here in the UFC for stepping up"

But of course not, the POS has no honor.
Listen again.

Do I think it's a good quality for a mma fighter? No. Does it make me a fan? No. Is it a good look? No. Do I agree with his decision? Obviously yes, he's the one fighting, if he gave up he's lost already.

Back