Were you annoyed when Diaz got the titleshot over Hendricks?

iboufring**

Green Belt
Reaction score
Diaz was coming of a loss and Hendricks was on a monster streak. So that was a pretty ridicilous situation.

Maybe thats what they had in mind when they booked hendricks/lawler 3?

Nope. I thought Diaz beat Condit and I like to watch Diaz fight and was interested to see how GSP would handle Diaz's in fight trash talk and gas tank.

GSP handled it fine btw :)

No, that fight had been talked about for years. It needed to happen and it got them both paid.

Nope, I liked it. Hendricks was clearly the #1 contender but GSP and Nick were scheduled to fight previously and it got cancelled. They had unfinished business and GSP wanted that fight.

And the result of the fight was satisfying, watching GSP completely nullify Nick.

Not really. GSP wanted Diaz and I knew GSP would fight Hendricks next anyway so no big deal.

Nope. Wanted to see that matchup forever. Tried to see in live in Vegas before gsp got hurt

GSP asked to fight Diaz. He got what he wanted.

He literally hand picked his opponent.

But that was OK because most fans wanted to see the fight.

Nope. I thought Diaz beat Condit and I like to watch Diaz fight and was interested to see how GSP would handle Diaz's in fight trash talk and gas tank.

GSP handled it fine btw :)

Didn't handle Johny's hand fighting and lead hand too well.

Yes. Diaz/ gsp was the most predictable fight in mma history. Would probly be a 50-45 US every time in favor of gsp .

Not to mention, guys getting title shots after losses is an embarrassment to the sport

Didn't handle Johny's hand fighting and lead hand too well.

Good job staying on topic.

I think he handled it just fine though, no?

WIN Johny Hendricks UFC 167 - St. Pierre vs. Hendricks
Nov / 16 / 2013 Decision (Split)
Mario Yamasaki

strikeforce champ getting a title shot? did not bother me....

1,000,000+ that bought that PPV.

there's your answer

GSP asked to fight Diaz. He got what he wanted.

He literally hand picked his opponent.

But that was OK because most fans wanted to see the fight.

he beat 'em both. Just like every other fighter they ever put in the cage with GSP.

He beat them all...BAR NONE

That's how Georges earned 12 UFC gold belts...more than any champion ever earned.

No i was fine with it, though i don't agree he beat condit, many did and rightfully so.

It was only right for him to get the title shot, If anyone has a problem with Diaz getting that titleshot, they should have a problem with Hendricks getting the title shot against Lawler the first time.

Yes, I thought it was bullshit and I still do.

Yes, extremely. I knew Diaz would be a squash match for GSP and that Hendricks would have a much higher chance of being a legitimate test.

he beat 'em both. Just like every other fighter they ever put in the cage with GSP.

He beat them all...BAR NONE

That's how Georges earned 12 UFC gold belts...more than any champion ever earned.

Great champion! But

Anderson>GSP on da GOAT list;)

Back