Were you annoyed when Diaz got the titleshot over Hendricks?

A little, only because I thought it was pretty clear Diaz didn't have a chance. His best wins were against way-over-the-hill BJ Penn and Frank Shamrock, and Condit embarrassed him in his previous fight.

Hmm didnt expect alot of you to be cool with it.

We all knew what would happen in that fight. The buildup was fun but that's it. You really think Diaz would sub GSP from his back? Lol.

U cant be cool with that and then say UFC is a joke for booking hendricks/lawler 3 or conor/aldo. Thats just hypocritical. Dana thinks fight fans are ignorant and you give him reason to.

Yes i take it very serious when ufc fucks with title fights. But then again, who the fuck am i

Audience(In a very clear loud voice): FUCK YOU DIAZ *WWE clap*
Joe Rogan(in an attempt to cover up): I have no idea what they're cheering right now.

Riiiight Joe

I didn't mind it really, because we knew gsp would win and Hendricks would earn his shot.

I knew he would get his shot and would choke. Happy to see the judges went in his favor for once. Hendricks always gets bs decisions

Remember guys, it's okay for GSP to handpick fights. Even if its a guy coming off of a loss.

Hendricks needed one more big win, which he got, and Diaz was in a now or never situation that the fans wanted, and was big money for all involved.

Did Diaz earn it? No. Did it make sense? Yes.

Every party involved won.

Nope. I thought Diaz beat Condit and I like to watch Diaz fight and was interested to see how GSP would handle Diaz's in fight trash talk and gas tank.

GSP handled it fine btw :)

I8CZKh.jpg

Damn, GSP fans are weird.

Hendricks needed one more big win, which he got, and Diaz was in a now or never situation that the fans wanted, and was big money for all involved.

Did Diaz earn it? No. Did it make sense? Yes.

Every party involved won.

No. It didn't make sense, actually. It almost never makes sense for a guy to get a title shot coming off of a loss and without a top win in his division in years.

If Anderson had fought Bisping over Weidman for a 'money fight', you really think Sherdog would be okay with it? :icon_lol:

Nope. It was hilarious at the time though, there were plenty of posters getting their panties seriously bunched over it. Particularly because of the loss, no show and suspension. Good times

GSP also thought Diaz got robbed vs Condit. It's in the documentary they made about him.

I was annoyed but shit happens when it comes to UFC title shots, so I got over it pretty quick.

I remember it being pretty unfair. Dude was on a pretty good tear of the division. Luckily he was eventually able to get a shot.

Yes and no. I like to watch Diaz fight. His pre fight 'talk' is entertaining BUT

Back