Were you annoyed when Diaz got the titleshot over Hendricks?

interesting that 90% of the people are ok with it, but when it comes to mcgregor it seems like the worst thing in the world

I was fine with JH being passed over because more people wanted to see the Nick fight. I was disappointed because it was clear Nick had little to offer in the fight.

Only annoyed if you were a Hendricks fan other than that, No.....

he beat 'em both. Just like every other fighter they ever put in the cage with GSP.

He beat them all...BAR NONE

That's how Georges earned 12 UFC gold belts...more than any champion ever earned.

I don't really count the interim one vs Hughes from 2007 but ya Gsp is the goat

I was annoyed. Gsp experienced ring rust after fighting condit and wanted an easier match up before fighting Hendricks and he got what he wanted.

I was annoyed. Gsp experienced ring rust after fighting condit and wanted an easier match up before fighting Hendricks and he got what he wanted.

They were supposed to fight once before. I honestly think Diaz got under his skin and so he wanted that fight just to shut Diaz up. Nothing to do with ducking, and easier fight, etc. All had to do with GSP having enough and wanting to prove Diaz wrong.

There were tons of people on here thinking Diaz even had a good shot of beating GSP.

They were supposed to har fight once before. I honestly think Diaz got under his skin and so he wanted that fight just to shut Diaz up. Nothing to do with ducking, and easier fight, etc. All had to do with GSP having enough and wanting to prove Diaz wrong.

There were tons of people on here thinking Diaz even had a good shot of beating GSP.

That i cannot understand. How was nick going to win? Sprawl and brawl? Submission of his back?

That was the m

No. GSP wanted Diaz plus it was the bigger PPV choice for the UFC at that time. It would be different if they were matching lower ranking fighters against GSP for "multiple" events in a row.

Fuck No!

I was a mod at another MMA forum and about 90% of the members were saying how Nick "would absolutely destroy GSP" and I asked how? Wrestling? Does he have better BJJ than BJ? His limited to only boxing striking?

Now make no mistake gsp in his prime handles Hendricks easily. But the one coming off an injury and a year layoff no!

That's speculation. Specifically, what is GSP bringing to the table pre-injury that would lead to a significantly superior performance post injury?

The injury is an excuse. His jab let him down in that fight. Without the jab the rest of his offence was telegraphed. Pre-injury or post-injury it wouldn't make a difference.

A better game plan and an evolution of his skills would lead to a better performance.

I was disappointed in UFC, They lost any credibility with that decision. You give a guy who just lost a title shot, wtf?

Not in this forum. Sherdog should make a poll

I disagree. People complain about Conor fans more but they are less in number. Conor does have more troll support. People are clearly saying Conor stuff to piss people off.

Diaz was coming of a loss and Hendricks was on a monster streak. So that was a pretty ridicilous situation.

Maybe thats what they had in mind when they booked hendricks/lawler 3?

No, not at all. Hendrick's was just starting to step up to the very top competition at the time, and Diaz did well enough against Condit (Condit CLEARLY won that fight, though) that he was a legit contender.

Plus, given the UFC's long history of leapfrogging a person who has a lesser claim to the shot, but is more "colorful," it wasn't a crime out of proportion to one they had committed many, many times before and have done many times since.

That's speculation. Specifically, what is GSP bringing to the table pre-injury that would lead to a significantly superior performance post injury?

The injury is an excuse. His jab let him down in that fight. Without the jab the rest of his offence was telegraphed. Pre-injury or post-injury it wouldn't make a difference.

A better game plan and an evolution of his skills would lead to a better performance.

I don't know, when your signature move in your prime is a power-double from the center of the ring that ends up bouncing the guy off the cage, and is unstoppable because of its explosiveness, then catastrophic knee injury does make a pretty significant difference.

Back