• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

were U2 the least rock n roll rock group ever?

HUGHPHUG

AL CAPS YO
@Gold
Reaction score
they were just so ordinary, kind of gay looking

they didn't even have that edgy nonce thing going on

I mean, it's just pop music really, not rock, but they're considered rock by mentals so...

U2-young.jpg

here they are in their New Kids On The Block phase
421vinicon.band1.jpg

hang on though, bit more rock here, Sonny Bono got that oooooh thing going on, red glasses n that
rs-28002-u2-1800-1392394429-e4861e93-817b-4632-8c5e-a81e2d6281ee.jpg

I've never really been much of a U2 fan. With that said, I think they would be a fun band to see live. They have a lot of energy. I could do without the political commentary they like to give out.

Yeah if they qualify as rock then genres don't mean anything.

They're a new wave band that tried to shed that label once new wave went out of style.

Also, they suck. They're like Coldplay before Coldplay.

They were kinda like a European alternative rock or something like that.

kind of reminded me of something like Scorpions, considered Rock but they were mostly known for their ballads.

only song I cared to listen to from U2 was Sunday Bloody Sunday, after that I really couldn’t name anything else.

do people think Coldplay are rock? I thought it was some suicide soft ballad pop hybrid, not sure about the dragon people

just googled Coldplay and they have some random AIDs victim from the 80s
chris-martin.png

They are technically considered a rock band yeah.

The term "rock n' roll" hasn't really made sense in ages. There are much weirder examples than U2 that are considered rock n' roll imho.

Either way, they had some early stuff that wasn't too bad but overall I was never really a fan.

They look like dorks.

God Part II is their best song.

They were pretty legit their first few albums. Stuff like Sunday Bloody Sunday and New Years Day. They kind of became more pop as the 80s progressed, something more like Simple Minds and INXS. I think their stuff from the mid 90s onward kind of colors the perception of how they started out and they are somehow actually kind of underrated in that regard at this point I would say.

I have disliked U2 since the day I first listened to their crap.

Was never a fan really. Women went gaga over Bono for inexplicable reasons.

Back