Werdum gets heayweight title shot!?

He's a great contender. JDS already knocked him out though and Cain would have him gassed within 2-3 rounds.

Werdum vs Barnett would be competitive. But I do not see him beating JDS or Cain.

I think Werdum is possibly the most underrated fighter in the UFC. He may not win but his chances are much better than a lot of you think.

Cain or JDS finish him before championship rounds

Dont see him beating JDS or Cain, but he still deserves the shot

Although I think Cain is a better fighter than JDS, I must admit that Werdum has a better chance against him than JDS. Having said that, I don't give him much of a chance against either, but he's earned his shot, so bring it on.

Both JDS and Cain would beat werdum, IMO

Werdum has a very good chance against Cain (amazing fight) but JDS would be a nightmare matchup, stylewise.

Don't see him winning against either, but think it's good he gets the next shot. I already assumed so after Barnett was facing Browne.

Werdum is a dark horse. He's such great joker card to throw into the mix. Anything can happen with this guy.

The guy can stand and bang. He can take a punch. And his jiujitsu is several levels above Cain's and JDS'. If Cain takes down Werdum he can't just wail away with reckless abandon like he usually does. He'll have to be a lot more careful.

Werdum's weaknesses are his lack of strength and mediocre gas tank.

Last edited:
I think he should have maybe one more fight either way I don't see him winning the belt.

I don't have a problem with this jds or Cain would destroy him

According to "MMA Analyst and Host of Sportsnet's UFC Central (Tv and Radio); Certified MMA Ref and Judge, former MMA Promoter, Manager, Sponsor, Producer..." Joe Ferraro's twit:

Does anyone think Werdum could win over either and become "the NEW!!!"?...

The man beat Russow - he can beat ANYONE (not sarcasm).

War Werdum and his trollishness.

Edit: oh, and he beat some guy named Fedor in R1. But yeah, he has NO chance here ...

I don't think he can beat either men but he's earned it.

everything can happen but I wouldn't favor him in either fight

Back