Werdum gets heayweight title shot!?

JDS and Cain would both KO him standing.

He cant take either one down so JDS will do what he does best and Cain wont want to mess with the BJJ of Werdum so he will do something similar to Cain-Nog and Cain-BF. crisp shots, in and out, quick end.

Werdum has a really underrated chin though, he has only been KOd once by a massive Cigano uppercut and boy has he faced HUGE hitters. I could see him eventually luring Cain to the ground and things could get interesting, specially if he is in shape.

I think he has a better chance at beating Cain than Junior.

That was 2009... the same time when we saw Cain getting dropped flat on his face by Kongo and trailing off into sloppy decision.

Times have changed for both men.

I have to say tho. Werdum better work on his conditioning. He looked like a killer vs Roy, and seemed sloppy in his stand up vs nog. Maybe im wrong but I got the impression he got tired faster

According to "MMA Analyst and Host of Sportsnet's UFC Central (Tv and Radio); Certified MMA Ref and Judge, former MMA Promoter, Manager, Sponsor, Producer..." Joe Ferraro's twit:

Does anyone think Werdum could win over either and become "the NEW!!!"?...

Yes, over Cain moreso than JDS just based on styles

He deserves even he has no chance against Cain (I think Cain will beat JDS)

I guess so....i though Fabricio vs Josh was the fight to make for #1 contender. Guess the ufc has other ideas. Guess Werdum gets it and winner of Browne/Josh get the next one

I have to say tho. Werdum better work on his conditioning. He looked like a killer vs Roy, and seemed sloppy in his stand up vs nog. Maybe im wrong but I got the impression he got tired faster

Werdum doesn't have great conditioning, and its essentially moot considering Cain might well be the most conditioned heavyweight in the history of the division.

I think Cain can beat Werdum standing and can avoid the sub if he takes him down by be calculated as he very much tends to be.

sweet been waiting for this anouncement Werdum def deserves the shot. took him a while but hes def got his hands full with either fighter. JDS KO's him again and Cain def GnP's his way to a tko IMHO. Werdum could catch Cain in a sub for sure but im sure if Cain beats JDS he will gameplan for a grapple heavy match up.

It's true that both men have improved, but Werdum showed in the Nog fight that his improved stand-up isn't exactly flawless. He still has the same problem with pressuring fighters (ie. Arlovski, Bigfoot, Nog II) in the stand up, and there is no one who puts more pressure than Cain.

Terrible match up for Werdum.

Cain showed in the first Dos Santos fight his stand-up game isn't exactly flawless. What kind of standard is 'flawless' in MMA?

He was lighting up Roy Nelson like a Christmas tree in long, drawn own striking exchanges. He also pinged Reem with a bunch of combinations and backed him up, before running out of gas as he likes to do.

Cain is the better fighter and he should beat Werdum. I was responding to the post 'Cain TKO's him in round 1' which I find highly, highly unlikely.

Hell Ben Rothwell made it to round 2.

Both beat him up on the feet.

Cain showed in the first Dos Santos fight his stand-up game isn't exactly flawless. What kind of standard is 'flawless' in MMA?

He was lighting up Roy Nelson like a Christmas tree in long, drawn own striking exchanges. He also pinged Reem with a bunch of combinations and backed him up, before running out of gas as he likes to do.

Cain is the better fighter and he should beat Werdum. I was responding to the post 'Cain TKO's him in round 1' which I find highly, highly unlikely.

Hell Ben Rothwell made it to round 2

Rothwell's durability is ridiculous and Mir was handling Roy on the feet as well. let's not pretend that Roy has anything besides putting his head down and throwing an overhand right.

Last edited:
Werdum doesn't have great conditioning, and its essentially moot considering Cain might well be the most conditioned heavyweight in the history of the division.

I think Cain can beat Werdum standing and can avoid the sub if he takes him down by be calculated as he very much tends to be.

I think so as well....and I don't see the fight hitting the ground. why would cain risk it?? And I don't think werdum can get him thjere

Yeah I can see him winning it standing based on conditioning, but I personally don't think he'd take it to the ground.

He poses some threat to Cain on the ground obviously, but Cain lights him up standing and badly outcardios him. JDS destroys him on the feet. He definitely deserves the next shot, but he gets smoked by either guy.

werdum= overrated . a win over big nog = title shot ??

Whoever wins I feel will light him up with they're boxing. I feel stylistically junior is the tougher match up. werdum looked like shit the first fight so it would be interesting to see the rematch. I don't think anyone takes the title from Cain\junior except each other.

I think so as well....and I don't see the fight hitting the ground. why would cain risk it?? And I don't think werdum can get him thjere

I think he would risk it if he scored a big knock down and was looking to finish. He's incredibly disciplined he knows how to mind his p's & q's if he wanted to do some GNP.

Back