Weird "injury" of mine.

RangerATL

Pray For War
Reaction score
I noticed in class that there is an egg sized, maybe a bit larger, sack of fluid on my elbow. I've felt something wiggling around in it for about a year, and now all of the sudden I have a fucking skin balloon hanging on the ass of my arm.

It doesn't hurt, but does anybody know what the fuck it is? I was thinking cellulitis at first, but I doubt it could be that.

well man, Im no doc, but it sounds to me like the bursa sack in your elbow busted.

TwIsTeD&BrOkEn said:
well man, Im no doc, but it sounds to me like the bursa sack in your elbow busted.

I was thinking the same thing, go see a doc.

Yes, it can be some synovial fluid, go see a doc, it's nothing too hard to heal, but training with it will fuck up your elbow, I used to deal with the same kind of things on my knee and I learned that keeping on using a joint without the proper lubrification can have more important consequences than just a bump on said joint.

I've had the same thing for the past few months. It comes and goes. The weirdest thing that happend was that it was about the size of a grapefruit before a practice. I put an elbow pad on, and I was cutting weight so I had my sauna suit on as well. I banged my elbow hard doing a takedown, and I even said to my buddy, "my elbow is going to be fucking huge after practice." When I took my pad off though, all the fluid had dispersed, and it was totally normal looking.
If you go to a doctor he will drain it the same way he would cauliflower ear. And the doctor I talked to said that there wouldn't be adverse affects to training with that injury as long as it doesn't hurt.

i say you should have been in the Doctors office instead of posting about it here...

I would post a pic, but picture in your mind...for a moment....trying to take a picture of your fucking elbow. haha

I would go into a doc to get it looked at, but there is absolutely no pain WHATSOEVER. It's squishy and fun to play with. I actually went into a store last night to pick up some beer, and was clutching my arm to my chest like it really hurt, wincing and all that. The people in line looked horrified. Well, *I* thought it was pretty fucking funny. heh

I also don't feel any grating or anything. I'm going to dig through my wife's medical books and see if she has anything on it.

you may get infected heh... you may have a serius problem with that despite the fact that you have no pain heh... go see the doc heh...

TwIsTeD&BrOkEn said:
that sounds about right, either that or maybe bone chips? but usually pain would come with the bone chips and i doubt there would be a sack of skin haning so ill say bursa sack busted

Well, given that I have a full range of movement and a noticible lack of any pain, I can't imagine it's anything too dangerous.

I'll have my wife look at it when she gets back from her contract. I'm NOT driving through shitty ass Austin for a doc appointment for him to tell me to take some motrin and quit bitching.

RangerATL said:
I would post a pic, but picture in your mind...for a moment....trying to take a picture of your fucking elbow. haha
get a relative to take a pic of it

Back