Weird Body strength distribution...

OMGHI2UWTFBBQ

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Well, its not really distribution as it is conditioning for each muscle, here are my max as follows:

Chest: 100lbs benchpress
Squat: 160(atm, haven't perfected my body mechanics so it might be more)
Deadlift: 250
Calf raise: 400(calf can do more but the rest of my body stuggles w/ posturing the weight)
Traps raise: 250(can do more but grip and balance plays a part)

Anyway, as you can see theres quite a bit of gap, such that I haven't been able to pull off exercises that require overall body sync, my str distribution is a bit odd. I'm 5'7 165 and lean. I realize my chest are a bit weak especially considering they are my fave to exercise and my calf is way advanced for the rest of the rest of my body. Also, even though those are my max(meaning I do 1 and I struggle), I can actually do 400lbs for reps on calf raises @ 10 reps 4 sets, but doing too much @ this weight feels like my spine being squished, so i opt for lower weight till my upper body gets stronger.

I'm training normally and try not to focus on my weaker parts, instead I do as follows:

M: Chest, shoulder
T: Back, traps
W: Rest(might start doing cardio)
T:Legs and calf
F:Bi's, tri's, abs, forearm

I work out for about 1-2hrs and try to do atleast 12-16 sets per muscle group, also taking protein shakes as supplements. I try to go for failure every set.

Anyway, Any advice as to better overall develop? I just started getting back into the BB habit a month ago after a 1.5year hiatus, being of odd str distribution makes it somewhat hard to syncronize symmetry growth, maybe I need a more focused routine.

again, read the stickies, and once you do that, make sure you work really hard towards evening out your strength distribution - by staying at those disproportionate numbers, you're just asking for chronic injuries.

You say you can do 400lb calf raise for reps? That I assume is on a machine. Well its not the same thing as weight on a bar. Step into the squat rack, shoulder 400lbs and do those reps again off a block. I think you'll discover that 400lbs on a bar is quite different to 400lbs on a machine.

aries said:
You say you can do 400lb calf raise for reps? That I assume is on a machine. Well its not the same thing as weight on a bar. Step into the squat rack, shoulder 400lbs and do those reps again off a block. I think you'll discover that 400lbs on a bar is quite different to 400lbs on a machine.
Don't try that, you'll kill yourself while proving his point.

Just keep training (as they do in the stickies or training logs) and things will balance out over time, if they don't then make a new thread but you'll be making gains anyways.

In short just train big muscle groups with compound movements.

it's not really that weird, you're just weak.

Yes its on a machine, and no I have no desire to prove my internet manhood, just a base for guys who got advice.

Anyway, I don't over workout certain muscles, this is what I have to start w/. Anyway, thanks for the tips, I'll go see the logs, although most are kinda strange, but I'll see if I can dig up something useful for me. I'm thinking of training my weaker parts more but I decided to just do my thing and hopefully it'll start to even out.

┼D♣♠mpalm┼ said:
Yes its on a machine, and no I have no desire to prove my internet manhood, just a base for guys who got advice.

Anyway, I don't over workout certain muscles, this is what I have to start w/. Anyway, thanks for the tips, I'll go see the logs, although most are kinda strange, but I'll see if I can dig up something useful for me. I'm thinking of training my weaker parts more but I decided to just do my thing and hopefully it'll start to even out.

The point I made wasn't so much of a dig at your manhood but just to show that you can't compare apples with oranges. It was a more a dig at guys (you) who seem to think they can equate machines to freeweights. A 500lb leg press does not equal a 500lb squat or even probably a 400lb squat. I don't think your calves are out of proportion to your squat for instance. If you did calf raises with the same bar as you use for squat I think you'd find that quite a good weight to train with.

Back