Media Weili Zhang looking like a savage on the mitts

I think and hope that Weili blows Joanna out the water. Such an exiting fighter, in a division that's kind of boring.

Don't see a lot of female fighters with that pop.
There's plenty in boxing.

I wonder what it is. Probably the time spent punching in general?

Takes awhile to develop the pathways to really snap your punches.

She's got good hands. Even if she isn't connecting with those kinds of shots, it's gonna allow her to clinch with future opponents in a way we haven't seen yet with WMMA. On a random aside, anyone have any idea who her Thai coach is?

There's plenty in boxing.

I wonder what it is. Probably the time spent punching in general?

Takes awhile to develop the pathways to really snap your punches.
I feel like there is an internal/2nd rhythm when it comes to making punches snap. It's difficult to explain, but the feeling is definitely different. For me there is the external body rotation and then like a slight pull before a shot lands that kind of preloads the next shot in the combo and also creates that snap.

Im excited for this fight but she's gonna have to find a way to close distance and not get her legs chewed up at range. Im having a hard time picking a winner.

Zhang got that snap in her punches which is really rare with any wmma fighter.
That’s totally what it is. You can notice the difference immediately. I know it’s just pads but still...<{danawhoah}>

I feel like there is an internal/2nd rhythm when it comes to making punches snap. It's difficult to explain, but the feeling is definitely different. For me there is the external body rotation and then like a slight pull before a shot lands that kind of preloads the next shot in the combo and also creates that snap.
Yes you're right. Like the idea of "flicking the jab".

You're throwing any punch slightly beyond your target, but you're also trying to make contact and bring in as quick a time as possible to remain in guard and possibly throw the next punch.

With all the space available in an octagon and the likelihood it is your opponent simply moves away from you rather than countering, I feel like maybe coaches ars training fighters to make it count with a short 1-2 when they do land rather than worry too much about thinking ahead.

Yes you're right. Like the idea of "flicking the jab".

You're throwing any punch slightly beyond your target, but you're also trying to make contact and bring in as quick a time as possible to remain in guard and possibly throw the next punch.

With all the space available in an octagon and the likelihood it is your opponent simply moves away from you rather than countering, I feel like maybe coaches ars training fighters to make it count with a short 1-2 when they do land rather than worry too much about thinking ahead.

Thinking about it I've also seen and personally helped guys who struggle letting their hands go in boxing to just "make it count" and throw slower and simpler to ease into their own rhythm with opponents. This mostly applies to a sparring session as I don't believe you should start slow in a competition.

Shes going to get tired after one round and JJ will box her up
Yes,

She's a smaller version of nunes - brawler with skills but a front runner who will gradually lose steam after the 1st round.

She out brawls another brawler and now she is some weird fetish fantasy for thirsty sherdoggers.

JJ has pillow fist, zhang has some pop.

Will be very dangerous for JJ early in the fight but if she can get through/weather the storm I think she will have the better cardio and be better at making adjustments.

giphy.gif

That was an impressive 8 seconds of striking...

Did she gas out?

I dont know if Joanna can handle that fire power. Even Karolina dropped her.

She actually has snap and explosiveness on her punches, unlike many WMMA fighters. She looks very crisp and explosive on the mitts, and she's gonna hurt Joanna.

Back