Media Weili Zhang looking like a savage on the mitts

Shes going to get tired after one round and JJ will box her up

Yes,

She's a smaller version of nunes - brawler with skills but a front runner who will gradually lose steam after the 1st round.

She out brawls another brawler and now she is some weird fetish fantasy for thirsty sherdoggers.

Will be very dangerous for JJ early in the fight but if she can get through/weather the storm I think she will have the better cardio and be better at making adjustments.
When has the yoga/fitness/crossfit instructor ever gassed out? Even in kickboxing, the few fights she had, she was applauded for her cardio.

Shes going to get tired after one round and JJ will box her up

Tired? Nah, her cardio is great. She runs for hours (obviously running isnt the same as fighting, but her cardio is fine)

Yes,

She's a smaller version of nunes - brawler with skills but a front runner who will gradually lose steam after the 1st round.

She out brawls another brawler and now she is some weird fetish fantasy for thirsty sherdoggers.

Lol that's your personal opinion, here is the fact. See;

Tactical--Technical--Submission ;)

Mind you this was her (2nd MMA fight, she is 20-1-0 today; do the math)
Your welcome ;)

She won't gas. It will be like JJ vs Andrade with Weili throwing 100% power shots for 25 minutes and look less gassed than Joanna. Assuming this makes it to the end.

Will be interesting to see who the judges are too. Waterson got a nod vs JJ for R3 when she landed 7 strikes vs 36 for her ineffective backtake which was reversed and punished hard.

She actually has snap and explosiveness on her punches, unlike many WMMA fighters. She looks very crisp and explosive on the mitts, and she's gonna hurt Joanna.

And flying knee
tailored just for; Joanna

Zhang has tremendous strength power and speed for her size. I've seen a lot of her training videos and never once actually seen another female in any of the gyms. She beats the fuck outta all of her male training partners and coaches. The only thing that could lose her this fight is the wrong tactical gameplan by her coaches. She should wrestle JJ the entire match, and keep her on the ground.

I don't know, Joanna's tough, but for some reason, I can only see a decisive ((T)KO?) victory by Zhang

Joanna is gonna piece this chick up and you all are gonna be like: :eek:o_O:(

Her technique is perfect and beautiful. If she gets thru Joanna she going to rule that division for a very long time.

Those shots are crispy AF. She has better technique than 80% of male fighters lol maybe more

Zhang got that snap in her punches which is really rare with any wmma fighter.

Yep.. she's a weapon. You dont see that technique and speed together often in MMA fighters men and women.

There's plenty in boxing.

I wonder what it is. Probably the time spent punching in general?

Takes awhile to develop the pathways to really snap your punches.
Holly was one of the GOATs of women's boxing and her punches have no snap at all.

And an awesome quote to top it off. Psyched for this fight.

Zhang has tremendous strength power and speed for her size. I've seen a lot of her training videos and never once actually seen another female in any of the gyms. She beats the fuck outta all of her male training partners and coaches. The only thing that could lose her this fight is the wrong tactical gameplan by her coaches. She should wrestle JJ the entire match, and keep her on the ground.
I believe attempting to wrestle Jedrzejczyk would be a horrible idea for Zhang. Joanna is an incredible anti-wrestler, with great takedown defense and “get ups”. Tecia Torres, despite the shortest reach in UFC history (last time I checked), had better success striking with Jedrzejczyk than attempting to take her down.

On a random aside, anyone have any idea who her Thai coach is?
It might be Kru Vince, who seems to be the leading Muay Thai coach at Black Tiger in Beijing (according to my internet search).

His record is:
  • Muay Thai/Kickboxing pro record: 30 wins , 2 losses
  • Total fights (pro, am, non-sanctioned): 60 wins, 4 losses
  • MMA fights: 4 wins, 2 losses
Titles/Achievements:
  • 2007 World Professional Muay Thai Federation Lightweight Division, King's Birthday (Thailand)
  • 2007 World Professional Muay Thai Federation
    Lightweight Division, Queen's Birthday (Thailand)
  • 1995 World Muay Thai Association
    World Welterweight Title
  • 1994 International Kickboxing League
    World Welterweight Title
  • 1993 World Muay Thai Association North American Welterweight Title
  • 1989 World Kickboxing Association California State Lightweight Title

The only thing that could lose her this fight is the wrong tactical gameplan by her coaches.

This is my concern. Her head coach has had troubles getting US Visa's so she is working with Roufusport in the US.. they will corner her if her coach cant get in.

That worries me.

Back