• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Weili is 2 wins away from becoming the most decorated SW in UFC history

Shay Brennan

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
She currently has 5 title fight wins while Joanna has 6.

It won't be easy as her next opponent is Tatiana Suarez. If Tatiana doesn't get injured that is.
Who do you think wins that fight?

Tat is too big and physical for Weili <sniper>
images

Wa

Was that officially announced? I missed it.
Nothing announced yet. Weili just fought at 300, and may not even fight again in 2024.

I’m not sure if Tatiana is even healthy right now, either. She withdrew from 298. And I haven’t seen anything else about her health since.

For some reason in the last few years the UFC leaves their SW champs on the shelf way too long, imo. Covid, and travel was part of it, but not all.

But the UFC need to schedule a defence every 6 months. There’s been a lot of time wasted in the division.

I’d definitely lean towards Weili if she fights Tatiana next. Weili is very strong, and appears to be hanging on to her prime very well. And there’s no way to really know how healthy Tatiana might be.

She’s taken 115lbs to another level since Joanna which is some feat. She reached the top and just kept on improving. Doesn’t have a weakness.

I still think Yan with a focus on her grappling can overcome her but it will be a hard task.

She currently has 5 title fight wins while Joanna has 6.

It won't be easy as her next opponent is Tatiana Suarez. If Tatiana doesn't get injured that is.
Who do you think wins that fight?
Tatiana is undercooked to be fighting Weilli who is at the peak of her powers. Thinking about it her real competitions (besides Yan) are at 125.

Last edited:
Tatiana is injury prone and she is not going to make it to fight night.

Weli is going to fall off soon. She is an aging athlete and her style + type of training is more suited for a young fighter.

Tatiana struggled with Nina Ansaroff in the 3rd round of their fight. I think she fades in the championship rounds and then get finished by Weili if they fight.

Weli is going to fall off soon. She is an aging athlete and her style + type of training is more suited for a young fighter.

She gets rocked or dropped in nearly every fight. I think she loses again soon, but I don't think tatiana is the one to do it. Weili's chin is going, but her grappling is stronger than ever.

She gets rocked or dropped in nearly every fight. I think she loses again soon, but I don't think tatiana is the one to do it. Weili's chin is going, but her grappling is stronger than ever.
Her whole game is based on physicality. She started training very late in life so she might not have as much wear and tear but she is still a child athlete. She has been switching camps a lot for the past few years. I don't think she is with the Thai coaches anymore. Maybe it's because she is getting older and can't train that way anymore.

At this point I don't think she can even adjust well to American coaches. She did part of her last camp in Vegas?

Back