• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Weili has become a panic wrestler?

..in order to win by a boring desicion

Boring decision? That was a complete total domination.

3LbQxDB.png

And Weili has grappling in her arsenal ever since she started. She got more submissions than decision wins. Dudes who only watched her pre-covid Joanna fight, and her last 2 bouts are the ones who would think that she is now a 'panic wrestler', I suppose.

Also, remember her loss to Rose in the 2nd fight where she's arguably winning until she kept getting taken down and outwrestled? That was a tough loss for her. But she took it as learning experience for her to work on her wrestling and physique. You turn your weakness to a strength, that's how you become a complete mixed martial artist.

And as fighters, your common nature is to look for your opponent's weakness. Yan has a glaring one which is her takedown defense. If that is given all night, why won't Weili take it? That doesn't mean she's not a risk taker if she knows she can outclass her and possibly finish her in that area. Weili burned her arms out going for position, subs, and G&P after that 2nd round. Is that not going all out and taking a risk?

Styles makes fights. If that was Tatiana Suarez she's fighting, I bet Weili won't go for 'panic' takedowns and grapple with her. She'll keep it standing and turn it to a striking battle. New gameplans and a whole new fight. That's the beauty of the game.

Only on Sherdog is fighting intelligently because winning is important referred to as panicking, generally by people who have no clue what it is like to be in an actual fight. No idea why so many so-called fans live to just shit on fighters.

She had two subs that were as close to finishing as possible and had her flattened and landed about 15 punches while Rogan called for the fight to be stopped. And won 4 rounds to 1. I'd say it was a smart idea.

Last time she was getting touched up on the feet by Lemos and had to rely on the wrestling in order to win by a boring desicion, now she was getting absolutely pieced up by Yan on the feet and same thing

It's not even like she is finishing fights on the ground, mind you she was supposed to be finisher and a KO artist

She got 2 title defenses but so far she doesn't seem as dominant of a champ as Valentina was or Nunes, at all, sheesh even Joanna was more dominant during her reign

She is kinda overrated ngl, she probably loses her belt next title defense

You cant be serious she basically choked out Yan unconscious and somehow they let it go to round 2. I seen fights stopped in less time than that. Yan got up and wobbled. She also nearly stopped Yan with strikes but referee let it go.

Zhang fought smart she fight the fight where she had the advantage thats not panic wrestling. I thought it was a very dominant performance by Weili.

She nearly stopped Yan twice and did alot more damage to Yan and you say she hasn't been dominant.

Zhang won easily one all score cards and it was a dominant performance against a solid challenger.

Last edited:
Last time she was getting touched up on the feet by Lemos and had to rely on the wrestling in order to win by a boring desicion, now she was getting absolutely pieced up by Yan on the feet and same thing

It's not even like she is finishing fights on the ground, mind you she was supposed to be finisher and a KO artist

She got 2 title defenses but so far she doesn't seem as dominant of a champ as Valentina was or Nunes, at all, sheesh even Joanna was more dominant during her reign

She is kinda overrated ngl, she probably loses her belt next title defense

Have you watched her last few fights? She always wrestles. And in no way was that fight boring. She put it on Yan.

She got screwed last night.

She basically owned Yan last night and choked her out in the 1st round and Helen Keller in the cage last night has no fucking clue what a limp body means.

She had two subs that were as close to finishing as possible and had her flattened and landed about 15 punches while Rogan called for the fight to be stopped. And won 4 rounds to 1. I'd say it was a smart idea.
She literally choked Yan out in the 1st round. Yan's body was completely limp. It was atrocious reffing.

Weili looked pretty clueless at distance, fully throwing air punches. If it were a male champion he'd be roasted hard. She's a bit sloppy and if Yan were better conditioned she could've flipped it around. Seems like a glaring hole in Zhang's game.
Just wmma things.

Nobody cares. Just check out the YouTube views. I wish Dana wasn't an sjw and send these bums to invicta.

Xiaonan is bigger and a better striker than her. Did you expect Weili to stand and trade?

The fight should have been stopped twice. Weili fought smart and won convincingly.

That being said, she should never move up to 125. She would be in a world of trouble against bigger girls that can grapple.

Great performance by Zhang. Herzog gave Yan literally every opportunity to survive, she’s lucky it wasn’t stopped a couple of times.

You cant be serious she basically choked out Yan unconscious and somehow they let it go to round 2. I seen fights stopped in less time than that. Yan got up and wobbled. She also nearly stopped Yan with strikes but referee let it go.

Zhang fought smart she fight the fight where she had the advantage. thats nit panic wrestling. I thought it was a very dominant performance by Weili.

She nearly stopped Yan twice and did alot more damage to Yan and you say she hasn't been dominant.

Zhang won easily one all score cards and it was a dominant performance against a solid challenger.

So you are just gonna ignore the fact that she kept getting sat on her ass by Yan's hands and she had to oanic wrestler

So you are just gonna ignore the fact that she kept getting sat on her ass by Yan's hands and she had to oanic wrestler

Zhang always goes for takedowns and then grapples in her fights its what she is also known for and she definitely had the advantage there against Yan. Like I said fight should have been stopped couple times. In thought it was over end if round 1 and also when Zhang landed alot of unanswered strikes. Referee gave Yan alot more chances the most fighter would get.

Stop trying to take away from Zhang dominant performance. Zhang is elite and she beat a very good challenger in Yan.
Zhang doesn't panic wrestle she always grapples her opponents.

We get it TS you like Val, I do too but u just copeing.

Back