Weight classes are no longer necessary -- there's a better way

I think they should keep the current system but weigh them before the fight just for reference. So if a WW comes in at 170 the day before the fight but over MW weight on fight night, the AC should not sanction them to another WW fight. Basically, if you weight two weight classes or more above the class you're fighting at on fight night, then you are forced to move up one. There does need to be a case-by-case system the AC can use to re-certify a person back to their lighter weight class safely, and a system of allowing a fighter to drop weight classes IF the AC deems it safe.
Or ufc could Use a formula like usda to randomly weigh guys throughout the yr. if you aren't within 10-15 pounds of your weight class at random weight checks you have to move up a weight class. Problem solved.

Why have you jumped to a new idea without discrediting the one I present in the OP?

Lovely green wall of avatars. K I'm done responding to old posts. New replies come at me

This thread brought to you by the Sherdogger who thinks that Conor Mcgregor is still the Featherweight champion.

LW 150 and under

MW 180 and under

HW 180 and over

Done

You want a doping prevention company to weigh fighters for what? drugs? USADA isn't NSAC or NYSAC.

The weight at fight time shoukl be the only thing that matters. The only thing to take care of is making sure fighters don't fight dehydrated and this is simply realized by weighing them randomly within 4 weeks of the fight.
You can even keep the weight classes. Just adjust them by 10 to 15%.

This thread brought to you by the Sherdogger who thinks that Conor Mcgregor is still the Featherweight champion.
Why do you insist on bringing it up when you refuse to respond to me on the subject? Your excuse for running is that "I'm too stupid to talk to" or something. So why do you bring it up? Are you ready to continue our discussion or did you just do something silly?

That's exactly hot it works nowadays. There's no problem with weight cutting by itself, it's severe/extreme weight cutting the problem.
Are you running from me, or are replies forthcoming?

By "weight cutting", you mean dehydration and starvation in the hours immediately preceding a fistfight with a highly trained fistfighter?

LW 150 and under

MW 180 and under

HW 180 and over

Done
Would make weight cutting a bit worse actually. Though I do think we have too many weight classes as is.

Do you have anything to say on the main topic, anyway? Anything that's not already been said?

You want a doping prevention company to weigh fighters for what? drugs? USADA isn't NSAC or NYSAC.
The UFC pays them. It's a private business arrangement. Why couldn't it be extended to include the weighing of fighters? You're acting as though the act of having people step on scales is some complicated science. Weighing fighters would be exponentially less expensive than drug testing them.

Why do you insist on bringing it up when you refuse to respond to me on the subject? Your excuse for running is that "I'm too stupid to talk to" or something. So why do you bring it up? Are you ready to continue our discussion or did you just do something silly?

There was never a discussion. All you did was dodge and act like a moron. I still have no idea why you think Conor is the Featherweight champion so I will continue to point and laugh.

There was never a discussion. All you did was dodge and act like a moron. I still have no idea why you think Conor is the Featherweight champion so I will continue to point and laugh.
You didn't really answer my questions. I'll tag you in on the thread for you to respond there.

You didn't really answer my questions. I'll tag you in on the thread for you to respond there.

You can look retarded in multiple threads because you believe that since Conor won good fights at FW a long time ago that somehow makes him the FW champion today. That is retarded and there is no discussion possible for someone who thinks that. So unless you have a different position now no I am not interested in more of that "discussion" lol.

You can look retarded in multiple threads because you believe that since Conor won good fights at FW a long time ago that somehow makes him the FW champion today. That is retarded and there is no discussion possible for someone who thinks that. So unless you have a different position now no I am not interested in more of that "discussion" lol.
hmm sounds bigotous

Have you noticed that I also think your opinion is stupid? Yet, I'm still willing to discuss it. I'm trying to help you out by helping you learn.

@IamStryker I'll ask just one question to not confuse you, and to keep you focused:

Why did you bring up Conor McGregor if you don't wanna talk about it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex Baker
Back