• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Weidman and Silva fight 10 times.....How does it go?

Which version of Silva? If this is Prime Silva he destroys any version of Weidman inside of 2 rounds however he wants.

Weideman was a naturally bigger stronger dude than Anderson. And i think an overlooked factor is that at the time that they fought, Weidman and his camp (Longo, who knows his shit) had a lot of tape to go to school on. Silva on Weidman, not so much.

That being said, i thing Anderson would've always had a problem with Weidman. He was a bigger stronger guy with a competent standup coach, who could expose some of Anderson's standup deficiencies (for instance: Anderson had bad interior standup defense if he couldn't dominate you in the clinch).

Weidman didn't KO and then TKO prime Silva?

What did I miss?

At least his legacy is not failing steroid drug tests unlike Anderson Silva, plus Weidman has a win over Vitor who is arguably Silva's best win. Weidman also beat Machida who used to beat up Silva in training.
You:
giphy.gif

if prime-silva is the one that triangled sonnen, i'd pick teh chris 7:3.

Prime Anderson beats him 7 out of 10 times. Prime pre usada Weidman was pretty damn good. But Anderson is still the better fighter I think. He caught Anderson at the right time.

All the butthurt and braindead Silva fans have gathered in this thread. It's amazing.

Who many times would roided Chael win vs. even more roided Silva? ^^

All the butthurt and braindead Silva fans have gathered in this thread. It's amazing.

Who many times would roided Chael win vs. even more roided Silva? ^^
Yeah but in a five rounder he beat Chael twice. I would have liked to see Weidman the whole five rounds with Anderson. We didn’t because of some unfortunate events. They took skill on the part of Weidman to do those (checked leg kick and caught him when he was clowning) but I would have liked the full five rounds. It was just anti climatic

3sIz.gif

Silva fan boys are still salty to this day. Let it go already. Weidman exposed Silva twice already for being the most overrated champion in history. Silva didn't even win 1 round in 2 of their fights.
Great to see some truth being spit here , Instead watching how deluded shkije silva fanboys such as @grimballer still fantasizing about Anderoid being somehow better than The Chris despite getting destroyed twice.

7-8 wins for Weidman 2-3 for Anderson prime vs prime. Weidman is just a very bad match up for Anderson.

That's true but Weidman would've eventually taken him down and that's a fact. The thing is though, can Weidman finish him on the ground?
It sure looked like it the first fight. He bounced Silva's head off the ground and had 2 submission attempts in round 1.

Caught him right on the ear and messed up his equilibrium. Silva was shook during this fight before he broke his leg. In hindsight, maybe he should've taken another fight before the rematch to regain his confidence.

A lie repeated a million times is still a lie. He beat every elite grappler he faced in his PRIME.

Official UFC Stats - Takedown Defense
  • Dan Henderson: 58%
  • Anderson Silva : 69%

He didn't face that many elite wrestlers though, a lot of people obviously didn't want to stand with him either and did some desperate takedown attempts, Leites and Maia are a big part of those stats. But that said, I've never looked at the stats and those are of course very good. He was good against the fence, and he was very quick to stuff people, but whenever you saw someone get to touch Silva's legs and he was out in the open he was down on his back with very little effort. Do we disagree? I think that's where the "lie" comes from, if the takedown failed it was thwarted immediately (doesn't stick in your mind), and if it was a success it looked like the easiest thing in the world (does).

Prime Weidman would have taken down prime Silva just as easily I believe.

Does Anderson fight like a guy who wants to lose all 10 times?

honestly, we'll never know. first one was TKO due to clown, and the 2nd was a freak accident.

IMO weidman was renting space in anderson's head by the second fight. he would have gotten the TDs and beaten anderson pretty consistently, if not every time.

Weidman's a terrible match-up for Silva. Had a hard time with his top game before the stoppage. Weidman can go the full 5, like seen vs Lyoto. And Lyoto has good TDD, while it's been Silva's weakness. Has nothing to do with who's the greater fighter. But pick a tough match-up out of all the contenders and Weidman is right at the top of the list.

Silva never had a good TDD. He also always did the standing still and only doing trunk movements that had him lose the first time, he used to have a hell of a chin, but he would have had the same issue of not seeing the punch coming, wish Belfort wouldn't have backed off when they fought and he did that. 7-3 Weidman. And still... my boy.

lol damn you figured Silva out he just stood still and only did trunk movements idk how he became the greatest MW ever

What is wrong with some of y’all?

lol damn you figured Silva out he just stood still and only did trunk movements idk how he became the greatest MW ever

What is wrong with some of y’all?

Well he did. So what is the point you are trying to make? I wasn't saying he was only standing still all the time, I hope you understand that.

I didn't figure it out, first person I heard say anything about it was Stephen Thompson. You still have to have the guts to go in there risking getting clipped yourself.

Back