Web of Lies

TexasDrugAddict**

Silver Belt
Reaction score
A new spider has been found. This small spider makes a fake bigger spider on his web.

Spider1.jpg

A spider that builds elaborate, fake spiders and hangs them in its web has been discovered in the Peruvian Amazon.

Believed to be a new species in the genus Cyclosa, the arachnid crafts the larger spider from leaves, debris and dead insects. Though Cyclosa includes other sculpting arachnids, this is the first one observed to build a replica with multiple, spidery legs.

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2012/12/spider-building-spider/

Damn nature, you awesome

Cool shit

They're getting smarter.

They must be destroyed.

Still waiting for one to put a Jesus face on its web.

fucking awesome, my 'pet' black widow finally kicked the bucket after living over a year in the molding of my front door, never had the heart to kill her myself.

Why though? I feel like if I was a bug I'd be like "Ohhhh snap that's a giant spider, better fly the other direction!"

Why though? I feel like if I was a bug I'd be like "Ohhhh snap that's a giant spider, better fly the other direction!"

The article says that they serve as decoys to other predators.

If Spiders take over as the dominant species, do you think I can fool them into believing that I am one of them If I wear a costume like this one:

36572.jpg

^^^ are you fucking serious?

You are way to big, they will know right off something is up.

From the article:

The spiders’ webs were crafted around face-height, near the trail, and about the width of a stretched-out hand.

Back