Weapons of choice

I assume this is for the zombie invasion so a range of 200 meters is more then enough, semi auto on the civilian models is just fine

If you are getting ready for the zombies, assuming a more standard type that cannot manipulate firearms, then you'd be better off with different armour. Something from back in the pre-firearms days would better serve against an enemy that won't be shooting at you.

If you are getting ready for the zombies, assuming a more standard type that cannot manipulate firearms, then you'd be better off with different armour. Something from back in the pre-firearms days would better serve against an enemy that won't be shooting at you.

Kevlar is biteproof

big as rubberboots

Long range- M1A or AR-15/M-16

Short range- Beretta 92FS

Melee- I train BJJ, I am my melee weapon

Blade- Glock knife or a a K-bar combat knife.

Explosive- M203 grenade launcher attached to my M-16, or an M-79 grenade launcher.

Protection- Improved Outer Tactical Vest (IOTV, aka the next step in the Interceptor system). It is very comfortable and the belly band system takes the weight off of the shoulders/back and helps distribute it more evenly across the body). The plates only weigh about 5 pounds each and they're not that much of an issue, not as much as some folks might think. I'd say don't bother with the side plates, they're another 5-7 pounds that could be devoted to ammo. Go with a front and back plate and you're set.

Improved Outer Tactical Vest - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All the replies are invalid so far because of this rule.

You ain't carrying 3 or 4 firearms + body armor + baseball bat/machete + big knives

Real life isn't a video game.

A Scout Sniper will often have to carry his sniper rifle/weapon, a pistol, several magazines for the pistol, in addition to an M4/M16 type rifle and several magazines for said rifle.

Granted they generally don't wear body armor, although that's not always the case. For most purposes the scout sniper doesn't need body armor as he is not a line infantryman tasked with closing with the enemy and engaging them in close quarters, his job is recon, gathering intelligence, coordinating artillery/air, and of course, neutralizing high value enemy personnel.

Still, for the most part, your basic infantryman is going to be carrying a rifle (or SAW) along with sidearm (if they are issued one or can otherwise obtain one) and upwards of 1,000-1,500 rounds for their rifle.

My best pal is a Marine and he has to carry 30 magazines, each holding 30 rounds of 5.56mm NATO, in addition to about 1,000 rounds of linked 5.56mm NATO for the unit's SAW.

my long range would be an FN p90. maybe not as long range as others, but it has a 50 round mag and while it looks strange, ive handled a few and it feels fantastic.

short range would have to be a cz 75 sp-01, or maybe an xdm in 9mm.

i dont know anything about blades or armor or explosives, but if this is a shit hits the fan sorta deal really the best i could do would be a decent knife, maybe two, a thick leather/flack jacket. ideally some sort of getup for extra mags

im no combat soldier, an assault rifle with a backup pistol and a knife or two is enough for me in a zombie/shtf situation.

my long range would be an FN p90. maybe not as long range as others, but it has a 50 round mag and while it looks strange, ive handled a few and it feels fantastic.

short range would have to be a cz 75 sp-01, or maybe an xdm in 9mm.

i dont know anything about blades or armor or explosives, but if this is a shit hits the fan sorta deal really the best i could do would be a decent knife, maybe two, a thick leather/flack jacket. ideally some sort of getup for extra mags

im no combat soldier, an assault rifle with a backup pistol and a knife or two is enough for me in a zombie/shtf situation.

The FN P90 isn't considered an assault rifle, it is a personal defense weapon, intended for issue to rear echelon/support/supply troops who are unable to easily carry/handle carbines/battle rifles/assault rifles/etc, in the confines of their vehicles, giving them an anti-body armor capability.

I wouldn't want one as a first choice weapon against unarmored personnel.

you'd choose an m1 over an m14? why, might i ask?

i've been looking into ARs for a little while now. what are a few decent brands/models and such for civilian purchase, by your estimation?

you'd choose an m1 over an m14? why, might i ask?

i've been looking into ARs for a little while now. what are a few decent brands/models and such for civilian purchase, by your estimation?

M14 is uncontrollable in full-auto, so the full-auto feature is pretty pointless. Also I believe the M1A, being more modern in terms of production/materials, will be more reliable and better built. Careful, I said M1A and you replied about the M1, two different rifles entirely, I didn't say M1. :D

M1 could mean M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, or any other number of M1 designations that might exist, but most people would immediately think "garand" when they hear M1, with the second greatest portion thinking "carbine."

M1A is the semi-auto modern version of the old M-14.

Rock River Arms is sweet, I have one, my father has one, and I'm building another one right now.

I also believe the Ruger SR 556 looks pretty promising, but I have yet to fire one, I've handled a few in shops though and they look very solid.

A good Rock River Arms rifle will range from $950 to $1100 depending on what you want with it.

The best price you'll get on a new Ruger SR 556 will be about $1,390 dollars, online.

My CS Butterfly Swords > Your BJJ

:icon_twis

People who rely on swords will often be sorely disappointed...

Your opponent first has to be out of ammunition for the sword to really be useful, and then you get one chance (much the same with a bat) or else they will clinch you, rendering your sword pretty much useless, and it will become HTH from there.

Trust me, ditch the sword, get a rifle and a bayonet. Perhaps, put the sword in a display case, and get a rifle and a bayonet.

In the 21st century the sword has no place in combat.

People who rely on swords will often be sorely disappointed...

Your opponent first has to be out of ammunition for the sword to really be useful, and then you get one chance (much the same with a bat) or else they will clinch you, rendering your sword pretty much useless, and it will become HTH from there.

Trust me, ditch the sword, get a rifle and a bayonet. Perhaps, put the sword in a display case, and get a rifle and a bayonet.

In the 21st century the sword has no place in combat.

:icon_lol:

First of all, we were talking about melee combat, not using projectile weapons.

Second, I dare you to clinch with me while I'm holding two butterfly swords and have a black bear classic strapped on me.

Third, I am a competitive grappler, CACC, and I will not be a fish out of water when we tie up.

BTW...This WAS my original post.

HK 417 +

HK AG36

HK USP .45 Tactical

Cold Steel Butterfly Swords

Cold Steel Black Bear Classic

Modular Tactical Vest

I don't want to get into how I would set up my system or all the little details, because then I would be here for hours.

First of all, we were talking about melee combat, not using projectile weapons.

Second, I dare you to clinch with me while I'm holding two butterfly swords and have a black bear classic strapped on me.

Third, I am a competitive grappler, CACC, and I will not be a fish out of water when we tie up.

BTW...This WAS my original post.

Are you trained to fight with a sword in each hand or is it just something you plan on doing because you think it looks cool? I'm not asking to slap you in the face or put you in the spot, I'm just asking because it is important in determining the value of said weapons. I wouldn't carry anything I don't have an effective way of utilizing.

Most people don't train to fight with a sword in each hand.

Are you trained to fight with a sword in each hand or is it just something you plan on doing because you think it looks cool? I'm not asking to slap you in the face or put you in the spot, I'm just asking because it is important in determining the value of said weapons. I wouldn't carry anything I don't have an effective way of utilizing.

Most people don't train to fight with a sword in each hand.

I have not, but I have been training in Eskrima (3 years) and while not the same thing, there is a significant crossover.

I have not, but I have been training in Eskrima (3 years) and while not the same thing, there is a significant crossover.

Yeah, from what I've heard it is a decent/respectable system, it would be most useful for improvised sticks or actual stick weapons, right? Such as two collapsible batons, a pool que broken into two approximately equal length pieces, right?

So here are the grounds:

Long range:

short range:

melee:

cutting edge:

protection:

explosive:

rules
only what you can carry on your person at the one time. (consider weight)
it has to exist past/present
cannot be a beat all/end all.... no nukes

Long Range: FNH SSR

Short Range: Springfield XDM 3.8 9mm

Melee: Police Baton

Cutting Edge: Six inch Buck i guess

Protection: Kevlar vest

Explosive: Laser trip Semtex

Last edited:
Yeah, from what I've heard it is a decent/respectable system, it would be most useful for improvised sticks or actual stick weapons, right? Such as two collapsible batons, a pool que broken into two approximately equal length pieces, right?

The reason I chose the butterfly swords were because I saw my instructor demonstrating the same philosophy with two machetes. He then said that this philosophy works with any weapon that is light enough to manipulate with one hand, ala Butterfly Swords.

Eskrima is not a system developed on stick fighting, we use sticks so we don't cut our partners limbs off!

The reason I chose the butterfly swords were because I saw my instructor demonstrating the same philosophy with two machetes. He then said that this philosophy works with any weapon that is light enough to manipulate with one hand, ala Butterfly Swords.

Eskrima is not a system developed on stick fighting, we use sticks so we don't cut our partners limbs off!

Good call

I love the aspects of escrima. I've been taking Kali/Silat for about 5 years now. It's probably my favorite of all arts. By far the most versatile I've ever done.

Well for short swords/long knives (I assume that is what the butterfly sword is to be versatile and maneuverable in a dual-wield fashion) the best response is the Indian Jones sword disarming technique.

Back