Media We need to stop pretending like Romero isn't going to slam and batter Adesanya

PlatinumColbyCovington

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Romero is no Brunson

OptimisticCooperativeAmmonite-size_restricted.gif

tumblr_nqn1d0EJWI1rofocqo1_500.gif

Styles gonna be too quick and just stay outta the way from his bombs and counter and piece him apart

Gonna be an interesting matchup, Yoel has the challenge of getting inside to do his damage. If he gets his hands on him he can hurt anybody.

Easy money to be made on Adesanya. 43 yo Yoel is no realistic threat to Izzy.

I thought the problem with Whittaker-Izzy was that Bobby was trying to strike from distance and stand almost the entire time, not going for the clinch or takedowns until it was too late / farther into the fight.

I agree, I think Yoel can explode and take Izzy down. I don't think Adensaya's TDD is that good at all, and I don't think he's that strong. If Romero comes in with a gameplan that isn't retarded he should win. Romero should simply be trying to finish the fight early and go balls out for his first title, he should not be trying to rest rounds and win a 5 round decision, imo. He should try to take down and kill Izzy early.

I think Bender wins 50-45. Hope I’m wrong.

Yoel already lost to Costa and Whittaker (twice) who are both worse than Adesanya.

<DisgustingHHH>

We need to stop making cuck threads using the collective "we" for something that is just your own opinion

I thought the problem with Whittaker-Izzy was that Bobby was trying to strike from distance and stand almost the entire time, not going for the clinch or takedowns until it was too late / farther into the fight.

I agree, I think Yoel can explode and take Izzy down. I don't think Adensaya's TDD is that good at all, and I don't think he's that strong. If Romero comes in with a gameplan that isn't retarded he should win. Romero should simply be trying to finish the fight early and go balls out for his first title, he should not be trying to rest rounds and win a 5 round decision, imo. He should try to take down and kill Izzy early.

I could see Romero being patient for the first round and then letting off those burst of nuclear explosions as it goes on. I feel Romero's chances for the finish are going to be highest in rounds 3-5 IF he plays his waiting game and is selective about his offensi bursts.

My biggest fear for Romero is that because he looks phenomenal at his age, he might be one of those guys that father time tkos overnight and he looks old and a bit slower, especially given some of his horrible weight cuts. I don't know how much longer his body can keep it up.

Are we still holding onto Yoel's high wrestling credentials outside of his UFC tenure as if he's demonstrated any high MMA wrestling in the UFC?

Israel is going to K.O. Yoel in the first round and make it look easy. Israel's ground game is underrated and Yoel will have a hard time taking him down.

Adesanya keeps saying "this will answer the doubters that say I can't fight a wrestler for once"

Not really.. Yoel's wrestling is used more to set up his punches. He doesn't have the top control or the cardio to win with wrestling

I could see Romero being patient for the first round and then letting off those burst of nuclear explosions as it goes on. I feel Romero's chances for the finish are going to be highest in rounds 3-5 IF he plays his waiting game and is selective about his offensi bursts.

My biggest fear for Romero is that because he looks phenomenal at his age, he might be one of those guys that father time tkos overnight and he looks old and a bit slower, especially given some of his horrible weight cuts. I don't know how much longer his body can keep it up.

I know that is what Romero has done for awhile now, since the Weidman fight that I can recall. Cruising rounds 1+ to save his gas tank. I just don't think that's the right play against Izzy. The champ isn't going to gas, and Romero is. Romero is not going to win a decision here, or it will be very unlikely. I believe his avenue to victory is dominating wrestling early and knocking Izzy out, why let him gauge distance and see movement for a round or two? Just floor it out the gate, die on your shield if need be. I think that is the ideal game plan for Romero.

And in terms of his body/condition...well he's obviously on steroids. So there's that. And he looks great right now a few weeks out, so I don't think he's magically just going to become washed. He's definitely on PEDs...I mean it's obvious. How many 43 year olds have you seen that are that built and lean? That look "hard" with androgen levels. Generally when men get older even if they are in good shape they will have a saggy or softer look.

Look at Randy Couture for example, and he was confirmed on PEDs/Steroids. The only example I can think of is Herschel Walker who was most likely on steroids as well (only did push ups and sit ups...yeah fuck off Herschel).

Romero isn't a safe fight for anyone on the UFC roster. Doesn't matter even if you're Jones or Stipe.

While Israel has his hands full - I think I do favor him slightly, just due to being younger and having more technical sharper striking. But it would not surprise me if Yoel starches him

I think the hype for Romero is all about the homo erotism sherdog has for overly muscular black men, Me instead prefer my black men taller and slimmer, therefore Adesanya by TKO round 3

This is a very unpredictable fight.

Izzy is clearly a monster but has had some very questionable performances. His last fight was amazing but was Robert all there?

Yoel's last fight was weird at times but he's clearly still a monster. He's old but is he old enough?

Very very unpredictable.

Back