Media We need to stop pretending like Romero isn't going to slam and batter Adesanya

Romero is no Brunson

OptimisticCooperativeAmmonite-size_restricted.gif

tumblr_nqn1d0EJWI1rofocqo1_500.gif
Cool. Perhaps Yoel can find some supplements tainted with a time machine to take him half a decade to the past

Yoel already lost to Costa and Whittaker (twice) who are both worse than Adesanya.

<DisgustingHHH>

The Costa loss was controversial and very very close. He did lose to Whittaker twice but softened his chin up to the point that a left hand from Israel skinnyboy toothpick with no power in his hands managed to KO him so cold they had twelve doctors waking him up.
A Whittaker before fighting Romero the second time would be a much bigger threat to Adesanya than current Whittaker.

Costa would kill Adesanya. Like first death in the octagon. Look at Costa, then Israel. Then back at Costa. Yikes.
A left hand from Yoel would take the black off your boy.

The Costa loss was controversial and very very close. He did lose to Whittaker twice but softened his chin up to the point that a left hand from Israel skinnyboy toothpick with no power in his hands managed to KO him so cold they had twelve doctors waking him up.
A Whittaker before fighting Romero the second time would be a much bigger threat to Adesanya than current Whittaker.

Costa would kill Adesanya. Like first death in the octagon. Look at Costa, then Israel. Then back at Costa. Yikes.
Costa got no gas tank after 1 round he’s sloppy way too aggressive and stylebender will clip him over and over making him look silly when he’s missing him all over

Ah the eye test, the biggest myth in MMA besides P4P rankings.

U honestly believe izzy wasnt on anything in the past during his kickboxing run?

I didn't say anything whatsoever indicating whether I thought he was or wasn't.

Would it shock me if Izzy was using PEDs? No, not at all.

But I would bet a lot of money on Romero being on PEDs right now, and I'm pretty sure I would bet on Izzy being clean right now or I wouldn't bet it because I have no clue and if you told me it was 50/50 odds I'd believe that and not want the action.

Israel Adensanya's physique doesn't scream steroids, he's rather skinny and doesn't have huge traps or delts - signs of high levels of androgen and test. He also is 30 years old in the prime of his life still, not 43 years old which is extremely suspect to be looking like you're a teenager with hormones surging through you full of test and androgen aka Romero.

I'll probably be rooting for Romero but that's my opinion, is what it is.

We need to stop pretending Yoel is some grappling savant.
His mma wrestling and grappling is nothing special. Without his explosiveness he’s not got much.
Watch the weidman and Brunson fights

Timing and circumstances .... cant preach it enough. Yoel just about 43, his shortcomings will not be on the improve and wish this fight was a few years ago. Believe me- Vegas has already factored this in as they opened up izz an over 2-1 favorite. This " could " be the fight where we see the noticable decline of yoel and at same time will make Izz look that much better. 185 division, as a whole, just doesn't impress me.....and its 2020. I dont know what's going on with Costa but Israel in a REALLY good position right now.
I hope Yoel has one big heat missile left in him.

Costa got no gas tank after 1 round he’s sloppy way too aggressive and stylebender will clip him over and over making him look silly when he’s missing him all over

Israel has no power in his punches almost got finished by a 5'8" chubby welterweight wrestler. Costa is going to knock his head into the stands.

Lol. JUST LOOK AT HIM.

I guess I see this differently. I think people get too blinded by the credentials and don't actually look at what he actually he does in fights. Yes, Yoel was silver medalist Olympic wrestler but MMA has never really used his wrestling much at all. Paulo Costa was able defend against Romero's takedowns and pop up to his feet against Romero.

Yoel is power punch who occasionally shoots for a take down. I think it's far more likely that he land KO punch on Style Bender than a him taking down and keeping down long enough to do anything.

Also, Yoel never really gameplans. He strategy is always the same, land the KO blow. Super effective but not exactly complex.

On the other hand, if there is one thing that Israel has trained for more than anything since his transition into MMA it is his TDD. He is the number 2 all time leader in the middle-weight division when it comes to TDD at 85.7%.

I think guy's like Colby or Usman who spam takedowns and chain wrestle. Would be nightmare match ups for Izzy. But Yoel isn't that guy. He probably has better shot throwing bombs and hoping one lands.
This

he’s an average TD artist that gets by on his explosiveness and has pretty poor control. People just see Olympic medal and nothing else.

Israel has no power in his punches almost got finished by a 5'8" chubby welterweight wrestler. Costa is going to knock his head into the stands.
When Adesanya fights Costa I will be as confident of Adesanya's victory as I have ever been for a title fight. Costa is insanely overrated.

Back