We Love Guns!

Status
Not open for further replies.
jones3cb7.gif

Yay guns! Save me from the New World Order!

I respect everybody's opinion and I don't want to make a political post,

but to those who "hate" gun ownership, let me just say this:

We all have our super healthy and super strong moments and especially as MMA enthusiasts, probably able to fend off a common attack with relative ease.

HOWEVER, what if you are getting older, more feeble, and/or afflicted with an illness or injury that would make fighting/fleeing difficult. Just because someone is a 75 year old adult with back pain does not mean his potential mugger would be more lenient on him. He needs a more effective way to even the odds and make sure he survives a violent encounter. Or what if a woman with kids is being attacked?

It's a dangerous world out there guys. Weapons are not guaranteed to win encounters, right. But preparedness always wins against non-preparedness

was in the army when we still had the M16A1, wasn't nearly as bad as people made it out to be.

Also had the M203, which was cool except when you had to wear that vest loaded with grenades along with all your other gear.

Worked the M60, that was a thing of beauty, for a belt fed weapon it was incredibly reliable regardless of conditions.

Have a 22lf AR 7 survival rifle that I've only taken shooting twice and is fairly accurate for what it is.

9mm Smith & Wesson pistol, it's alright although I'd prefer a 40 S&W

12 gauge Baretta semi auto, pretty good for skeet and trap shooting and great for hunting. I just can't see paying the money for the over/under double barrel for serious skeet and trap shooting.

I'd really like to get into 3 gun competitions, anyone here into those?

Dude, like 80%+ of the threads in there are gun threads. It's not like lighthearted humor is banned from the rest of the site. You keep it here, people like me are going to shit all over this thread.

I'm all for the second amendment, but I hate this shit. It's disgusting.

What does this mean? You are okay with people owning guns, but they better not enjoy it?

Why are you talking about politics and what's disgusting? Every weapon I posted are weapons used by professionals to ensure security. Not everybody gets to fire a fully automatic grenade launcher...now they can ask some questions about it
I'm not talking politics. I'm saying I'm not against the owning of guns. I hate seeing them celebrated. It's a necessary evil. Who are you planning to shoot with your guns? Say it's a burglar, you don't think he's got a hard enough life already but now you need to blow his brains out? Or a corrupt politician, would rotting in a wretched cell not be enough for him but you have to take him out right away and spare him a life of reflection on what he's done? I just don't like praising tools of death.
Warnings in OPs don't work. Just look at the religion threads.

To be honest, I just wanted to show there was a specific place for this devoid of people like me. I had to voice my opinion though.

What does this mean? You are okay with people owning guns, but they better not enjoy it?

What is there to enjoy? The power lust of knowing you can end a life on your whim?

You were right Slick. He should know where to put the thread. It's like when we get video game threads here.

I'm not talking politics. I'm saying I'm not against the owning of guns. I hate seeing them celebrated. It's a necessary evil. Who are you planning to shoot with your guns? Say it's a burglar, you don't think he's got a hard enough life already but now you need to blow his brains out? Or a corrupt politician, would rotting in a wretched cell not be enough for him but you have to take him out right away and spare him a life of reflection on what he's done? I just don't like praising tools of death.

To be honest, I just wanted to show there was a specific place for this devoid of people like me. I had to voice my opinion though.

people celebrate possessions they have, it's part of the fun of having possessions.

Also someone desperate to rob me is also desperate enough to probably kill me and even if they aren't, I'm not taking the chance to find out.

What is there to enjoy? The power lust of knowing you can end a life on your whim?

No. More like, the power of knowing that I am capable of defending my life and the lives of people that I care about.

I go to sleep soundly every night knowing that if some loser tries to make MY family a target for criminal actions, they will not get far at all.

No. More like, the power of knowing that I am capable of defending my life and the lives of people that I care about.

I go to sleep soundly every night knowing that if some loser tries to make MY family a target for criminal actions, they will not get far at all.

Just a tragedy in the making in my eyes. I've never heard one happy ending that involved a loaded gun. I see things like what you said as an excuse, but that's not saying you don't truly mean it. It's just how it comes off to me. Train in war but practice peace. That includes what you glorify.

Its one of the most important tools you could ever possess. If all else failed and you were stuck without the gift of modern society, guns provide food and protection. Its like owning a flint stone, or a pocket knife... they're invaluable survival tools. I have respect for hunters as well, it's more natural then just eating hormone induced and chemically treated cattle slaughtered with no fair chance of survival. Hunters and butchers who can live off land without fucking it up. Hunting is as valuable as farming.

There are lots of things to enjoy:

The engineering, which is amazing in many instances. Look at the M2 for example. It was designed during the 20s and 30s and yet it is still in use today. That's amazing.

The artwork or craftsmanship involved in some guns is also amazing.

It takes a tremendous amount of skill to shoot well. I think it's amazing what some people are able to do. People like Tom Knapp, who can do this:

I appreciate the fond memories I have of shooting with my Dad, Grandpa, and Uncle. We'd go out into the fields and go plinking. It was always a great summer activity and although my Grandpa had trouble walking he could still shoot.

IMO, all of those are great. I genuinely do not understand your perspective on guns.

I had a blast firing one of these a friend has. Not something I would want to invest the time and money in to own but fun as hell but expensive to fire and have fun with.
(not me in video)

There are lots of things to enjoy:

The engineering, which is amazing in many instances. Look at the M2 for example. It was designed during the 20s and 30s and yet it is still in use today. That's amazing.

The artwork or craftsmanship involved in some guns is also amazing.

It takes a tremendous amount of skill to shoot well. I think it's amazing what some people are able to do. People like Tom Knapp, who can do this:

I appreciate the fond memories I have of shooting with my Dad, Grandpa, and Uncle. We'd go out into the fields and go plinking. It was always a great summer activity and although my Grandpa had trouble walking he could still shoot.

IMO, all of those are great. I genuinely do not understand your perspective on guns.

You make good points. My dad actually has his fair share of guns and grew up with them. I never was around them though. I don't know. I just can't talk about them in a happy tone.

I agree this thread should probably be in weapons and tactics, but if you don't like the thread just avoid it and don't post in it. I was a saw gunner for a little bit in the Army as well ts.

Just a tragedy in the making in my eyes. I've never heard one happy ending that involved a loaded gun. I see things like what you said as an excuse, but that's not saying you don't truly mean it. It's just how it comes off to me. Train in war but practice peace. That includes what you glorify.

There are news articles everyday with coverage of how a CCL (Concealed Carry License) holder or an armed homeowner stopped muggings and break-ins. They occur mostly in the South like Miami and Atlanta.

These stories rarely get covered by big presses like CNN. Only the small hometown news sites carry these articles. HOWEVER, the big sites like CNN only covers gun related things when it is a negative thing, like how some scumbag with a gun did this and that.

The American Rifleman magazine even hasa column titled Armed Citizen, where every single incidence where an armed citizen foils a crime is reported.

You just gotta search in the right places buddy:icon_chee

Think of it like the big brand name stores versus the small neighborhood apothecary. If I were to go into Walmart or Lowes, I would be hounded by sales flyers and salespeople about what product is better and why this product beats the shit out of the other product. I rather go to my neighborhood apothecary and get what I need without the storm of political correctness and consumerism:D

I agree this thread should probably be in weapons and tactics, but if you don't like the thread just avoid it and don't post in it. I was a saw gunner for a little bit in the Army as well ts.

You're absolutely right. I apologize for not being able to restrain myself. I just couldn't help it. Thankyou for your service by the way.

You make good points. My dad actually has his fair share of guns and grew up with them. I never was around them though. I don't know. I just can't talk about them in a happy tone.

Did you shoot growing up?

There are news articles everyday with coverage of how a CCL (Concealed Carry License) holder or an armed homeowner stopped muggings and break-ins. They occur mostly in the South like Miami and Atlanta.

These stories rarely get covered by big presses like CNN. Only the small hometown news sites carry these articles. HOWEVER, the big sites like CNN only covers gun related things when it is a negative thing, like how some scumbag with a gun did this and that.

The American Rifleman magazine even hasa column titled Armed Citizen, where every single incidence where an armed citizen foils a crime is reported.

You just gotta search in the right places buddy:icon_chee

Think of it like the big brand name stores versus the small neighborhood apothecary. If I were to go into Walmart or Lowes, I would be hounded by sales flyers and salespeople about what product is better and why this product beats the shit out of the other product. I rather go to my neighborhood apothecary and get what I need without the storm of political correctness and consumerism:D

No I understand they can be tools of protection for good innocent people. But the muggers and intruders aren't evil. If we could support education like we support guns, there would be less of a need for guns. If we supported welfare and medical care like we do guns, there would be less of a need for them. Guns are a last resort, but we love to jump right to them. Like I said, I'm all for the owning of guns. I just hate to see them celebrated.

Did you shoot growing up?

No, but I don't really know why I didn't. My dad always told me he would take me to do it but it never happened. Even if he did I would probably hold the same position on them. Train for war, practice peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back