We Love Guns!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I understand they can be tools of protection for good innocent people. But the muggers and intruders aren't evil. If we could support education like we support guns, there would be less of a need for guns. If we supported welfare and medical care like we do guns, there would be less of a need for them. Guns are a last resort, but we love to jump right to them. Like I said, I'm all for the owning of guns. I just hate to see them celebrated.

You come live with me for a while...then tell me if you don't think our local criminals are cold and heartless. The fact that I don't own a gun around here is a travesty. I don't know where you live or grew up but it's certainly not comparable to my area.

Just organizing some guns

comeati_zpsba644ff3.jpg

No. More like, the power of knowing that I am capable of defending my life and the lives of people that I care about.

I go to sleep soundly every night knowing that if some loser tries to make MY family a target for criminal actions, they will not get far at all.

these attitudes are hilarious, imo.

everyone is SO self-important and pretty much EVERYONE is out to get them.
if you're so important that someone WANTS to have you dead, or your family dead, THEY WILL. your hilarious attitude + your guns won't stop them.
maybe they'll poison you secretly. maybe they'll just bomb your house.
attacks, like the ones that you're preparing for, are always pre-meditated.
'random attacks' are never just 'random attacks'.

if you're planning on going 'criminal action' style on people over a break and enter when they're just targetting your tv or jewlery or some petty matrialistic stuff, then you've got some bigger complex then just 'feeling safe'.

this is coming from someone who's personally dealt with break-ins before.
they just want your shit.. unless you're actually so important that they want you.
'hero' mode will usually make things worse for yourself.

I also own guns. but I just enjoy 'em as a hobby is all. I don't ever see them as something I would ever use against another man.

also this:
But the muggers and intruders aren't evil. If we could support education like we support guns, there would be less of a need for guns. If we supported welfare and medical care like we do guns, there would be less of a need for them. Guns are a last resort, but we love to jump right to them. Like I said, I'm all for the owning of guns. I just hate to see them celebrated.

No, but I don't really know why I didn't. My dad always told me he would take me to do it but it never happened. Even if he did I would probably hold the same position on them. Train for war, practice peace.

If this thread was about samurai swords would you feel the same?

You come live with me for a while...then tell me if you don't think our local criminals are cold and heartless. The fact that I don't own a gun around here is a travesty. I don't know where you live or grew up but it's certainly not comparable to my area.

Monsters are made not born, 99.999% of the time that is. The system that creates those heartless criminals are what we should work on changing with a passion.

And I live the Panhandle of Texas. Everyone owns a gun here. I would actually own one myself if I were legally allowed to lol.

Swords are for men.

Guns are for babies who don't want to get their hands bloody.

You're absolutely right. I apologize for not being able to restrain myself. I just couldn't help it. Thankyou for your service by the way.

It's all good man. I realize guns are a touchy subject. I try to avoid the war room around here because I just end up getting pissed.

I myself will never own a gun in the civilian world. I live in a small very low crime town and I don't hunt so I don't see the need to own one. It doesn't bother me if other responsible people want to legally own guns in my community though.

these attitudes are hilarious, imo.

everyone is SO self-important and pretty much EVERYONE is out to get them.
if you're so important that someone WANTS to have you dead, or your family dead, THEY WILL. your hilarious attitude + your guns won't stop them.
maybe they'll poison you secretly. maybe they'll just bomb your house.
attacks, like the ones that you're preparing for, are always pre-meditated.
'random attacks' are never just 'random attacks'.

if you're planning on going 'criminal action' style on people over a break and enter when they're just targetting your tv or jewlery or some petty matrialistic stuff, then you've got some bigger complex then just 'feeling safe'.

this is coming from someone who's personally dealt with break-ins before.
they just want your shit.. unless you're actually so important that they want you.
'hero' mode will usually make things worse for yourself.

also this:

WOW...Talk about projection here.

I never said anything about being a hero or badass. Nor am I being hilarious (unreasonable, ranting, etc...)

Just making a nice and clear point.

How would I know if someone breaking in my house is just going after my stuff? And I have worked hard for my possessions. I will not let some nincompoop just take it like that. And after all, if you are desperate enough to break into another person's residence, you are desperate enough to use violence to get what you want. My residence is for ME, my family and close friends. If someone I did not know or invited is in there, there is going to be a problem.

Some people like to pretend that the world is a merry place, you can trust everybody, everybody will lend you a hand when you are in need, etc... But I am not one of them. Dangers exist, and of course there are things which I will have no control of, but to know I am prepared to face them, brings a whole new perspective to things.

I own guns just like I practice martial arts. It is better to be fit and prepared than be caught with my pants down when shit hits the fan.

If this thread was about samurai swords would you feel the same?

Excellent question. I was going to point this hypocrisy out myself (shout out to Da Speeit). I do love a good samurai sword. To me it represents a philosophy that is missing from guns. One of sacrifice. The act of taking someone's life was not a joyous thing and to do so put yourself in a position to be killed as well. It took skill, courage, and will to use one. But with a gun, they're cheaper to produce and take much less skill to use properly yet can be used from a far distance. The sacrifice is removed but the result is the same. There is also an aesthetic aspect that is lost on guns that samurai weaponry had. In fact, just look at some tanegashimas and marvel at the quality and artistic details of them. The modern gun lacks the philosophy and full understanding of what it means to take life. Does any of this make sense to you?

Monsters are made not born, 99.999% of the time that is. The system that creates those heartless criminals are what we should work on changing with a passion.

And I live the Panhandle of Texas. Everyone owns a gun here. I would actually own one myself if I were legally allowed to lol.

I'm not talking about ownership though, I'm talking about bad people. I live in a shitty gun state, polar opposite of Texas. Your ideas of criminal behavior is absolutely mind boggling. I don't care why they're evil, there are plenty of people around here who would attack or kill you just because you were in the way of their robbery, you looked at them wrong, or you happened to be in the wrong neighborhood.

I'm not talking about ownership though, I'm talking about bad people. I live in a shitty gun state, polar opposite of Texas. Your ideas of criminal behavior is absolutely mind boggling. I don't care why they're evil, there are plenty of people around here who would attack or kill you just because you were in the way of their robbery, you looked at them wrong, or you happened to be in the wrong neighborhood.

Why put your heart in to tools of death when you could put the same attention and passion in to preventing the needs of those tools to begin with? I love educating the youth and instilling morals in to kids. I'm very passionate about it. Those people you are talking about are people. If you were in their position, you would be no different from them. Why not work on helping them be better people? Make a thread on good teachers or acts of selflessness. It really is what makes servicemen so special. They're needed to do a tragic job. And to put themselves in to danger. It's inspiring. I just wish we didn't throw them in to terrible situations when it's not needed or unjust.

Excellent question. I was going to point this hypocrisy out myself (shout out to Da Speeit). I do love a good samurai sword. To me it represents a philosophy that is missing from guns. One of sacrifice. The act of taking someone's life was not a joyous thing and to do so put yourself in a position to be killed as well. It took skill, courage, and will to use one. But with a gun, they're cheaper to produce and take much less skill to use properly yet can be used from a far distance. The sacrifice is removed but the result is the same. There is also an aesthetic aspect that is lost on guns that samurai weaponry had. In fact, just look at some tanegashimas and marvel at the quality and artistic details of them. The modern gun lacks the philosophy and full understanding of what it means to take life. Does any of this make sense to you?

Living off the myth of the samurai when you have a thread with real life warriors? Every one of your assumptions are wrong. A samurai sword is a tool for killing, plain and simple. The same philosophies can be applied to a soldier and his rifle. Taking a life is not any less a joyous thing for a Samurai then for a soldier. You really think it takes any more balls to be a samurai in combat? That's sad, enemy weapons today are far more terrifying. We don't even use the fucked up ones (gas and nerve agents) out of ethics while the enemies I faced are free to do what they want and can. I was a real life warrior, I understand it better then you could possibly know. I find much more beauty(opinion) and sophistication(fact) in firearms as well. Perhaps you should spend a little more time understanding your own protectors then that of a highly exaggerated killer. Perhaps you could participate in the Bataan Death March, then tell me what you think about the Samurai. I've done it, have you ever heard of it? Guess what they used the swords for! I love Japan today, but they were immoral as fuck. You're very lost

Why did you edit this part out?

It really is what makes servicemen so special. They're needed to do a tragic job. And to put themselves in to danger. It's inspiring. I just wish we didn't throw them in to terrible situations when it's not needed or unjust.

I never said the samurai was better person or anything at all like that. You obviously pick and choose things to justify your own thoughts. I don't know why I'm bothering with you. You're not reading this with any intention of introspection.

I never said the samurai was better person or anything at all like that. You obviously pick and choose things to justify your own points. I don't know why I'm bothering with you. You're not reading this with any intention of introspection.

How did I pick and choose? You distinguished owning a sword over a gun through your points, and I adressed every single point you made as bullshit. Thats not pick and choose.

I'm pretty simple, really. I'm content with my Sig P229 and my Smith and Wesson 38 special.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back