Media We All Know Who The Real Heavyweight Champion Is & Always Was

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
If you think GGG won the second fight.Don't even come at me.I won't respond it.
Why even make this comment then?

But yeah, I wanted Canelo to win it and he made the right adjustments early but as usual he started giving it all back down the stretch to the point that, if nothing else, it should have also been declared a draw.

Canelo is a great but he really has to work on his pacing, he's on another level early in fights but fades down the stretch and makes them closer than they should be based solely on pure talent.

IMO anyway.

Well I said he could but wont because he doesnt go for it. I felt like I made that obvious in my blanket statement but apparently I needed to draw a picture.

Ruiz did it because Ruiz went for it. Fury doesnt go for it, even if he could do it.
I thought it was really weird that you replied to my post while not actually responding to most of what I said. Also, Fury just won by 2nd round TKO and AJ and Wilder don't have great chins.

I thought it was really weird that you replied to my post while not actually responding to most of what I said. Also, Fury just won by 2nd round TKO and AJ and Wilder don't have great chins.
I responded to the entire post with a blanket statement. Fury could finish both of them, but he doesnt fight in a manner that will do so. Because he fights with his best game plan. He doesnt have the power to match those two, but they dont have the boxing acumen to match him. Hes less likely to get hurt himself than if he were to try and get a knockout.

Fury just won by 2nd round tko against a guy who didnt belong in the ring with him. At HW they can all drop each other, but AJ and Wilder have taken beatings from much bigger punchers than Fury.

Youll likely never see Fury commit to a finish against the top dogs. Not Wlad, not Wilder, and sure as shit not if he fights AJ.

If Wilder couldn't put him to sleep with that shot I don't think he can put him away period and Fury already proved that's Wilders only path to victory despite the drunk judges somehow scoring it a draw. ( By "somehow" I mean this is Boxing and we all know why, just like we all know why the GGG/ Canelo fights were scored the way they were).
Nonsense. In no way did Wilder land his best punches on Fury.

Its like people dont know how scoring works or just refuse to acknowledge it. Two 10-8 rounds is a huge, huge swing. There were rounds where Fury literally did nothing so its very easy to give a couple to Wilder. Even if you only give Wilder the two 10-8 rounds it still makes it a close fight.

Nonsense. In no way did Wilder land his best punches on Fury.

Its like people dont know how scoring works or just refuse to acknowledge it. Two 10-8 rounds is a huge, huge swing. There were rounds where Fury literally did nothing so its very easy to give a couple to Wilder. Even if you only give Wilder the two 10-8 rounds it still makes it a close fight.
Lol, if you only give him the 2 10-8s (which is all you should be giving him unless you are just giving him close rounds because you want too out of generosity) that makes the fight 116-110 Fury which is in no way "close" .

Are you sure its "people" who don't understand how scoring works and not you who doesn't understand?

Even throwing him a bone and giving him 1 of the close rounds plus the 2 10-8s that 115-111 which is still not considered a "close fight".

More competitive action in this thread than Fury’s last fight

I responded to the entire post with a blanket statement. Fury could finish both of them, but he doesnt fight in a manner that will do so. Because he fights with his best game plan. He doesnt have the power to match those two, but they dont have the boxing acumen to match him. Hes less likely to get hurt himself than if he were to try and get a knockout.

Fury just won by 2nd round tko against a guy who didnt belong in the ring with him. At HW they can all drop each other, but AJ and Wilder have taken beatings from much bigger punchers than Fury.

Youll likely never see Fury commit to a finish against the top dogs. Not Wlad, not Wilder, and sure as shit not if he fights AJ.

I don't think AJ can keep up with Fury's speed, pace and cardio, and he's chinny, almost every top guy AJ has fought has rocked him. If Ruiz can KO him so can Fury, Ruiz isn't a guy who goes for the KO much either and his finishing rate is slightly less than Fury's while fighting lesser level competition overall. You claiming that Ruiz is a finisher while Fury is not is laughable.

I don't think Fury finishes Wilder cause he's far more dangerous and has much better cardio and has a better chin than AJ but I can absolutely see AJ getting worn out and TKOed by Fury.

Last edited:

Not saying either guy has great chins, but neither are that bad. I don't think Ive ever really seen wilder in real trouble (though he hasn't fought many guys with big power), and Joshua got up from a clean wlad right hand. One of the hardest punches in HW history.

Fury is capable of knocking anyone out but he will not hold his feet against guys with big power. He won't take that risk, which is sensible tbh. So I wouldn't expect him to knock out wilder, Joshua, whyte and a few others. He sits down on his punches more when he faces guys he doesn't respect

Not saying either guy has great chins, but neither are that bad. I don't think Ive ever really seen wilder in real trouble (though he hasn't fought many guys with big power), and Joshua got up from a clean wlad right hand. One of the hardest punches in HW history.

Fury is capable of knocking anyone out but he will not hold his feet against guys with big power. He won't take that risk, which is sensible tbh. So I wouldn't expect him to knock out wilder, Joshua, whyte and a few others. He sits down on his punches more when he faces guys he doesn't respect

True Fury generally doesn't sit down on his punches against big punchers but he can hurt them if they run into something like Wilder did after the second knockdown. I just see Joshua's cardio, chin and speed being issues against Fury(and Wilder for that matter) and I can see him finishing late. Of the three Fury and Wilder seem to have the better chins and obviously cardio.

Lol, if you only give him the 2 10-8s (which is all you should be giving him unless you are just giving him close rounds because you want too out of generosity) that makes the fight 116-110 Fury which is in no way "close" .

Are you sure its "people" who don't understand how scoring works and not you who doesn't understand?

Even throwing him a bone and giving him 1 of the close rounds plus the 2 10-8s that 115-111 which is still not considered a "close fight".
Or because Fury takes rounds off and literally does nothing but ok.

True Fury generally doesn't sit down on his punches against big punchers but he can hurt them if they run into something like Wilder did after the second knockdown. I just see Joshua's cardio, chin and speed being issues against Fury(and Wilder for that matter) and I can see him finishing late. Of the three Fury and Wilder seem to have the better chins and obviously cardio.

i think Joshua is far more dangerous for fury than people give him credit for. It’s been blatantly obvious after seeing him struggle to close the distance against wlad, that he will have even more trouble tieing down fury. But if/when he does catch him, there will be follow up shots, unlike with wilder. And obviously with wilder he has to avoid that right hand for 36 mins.

Both guys have different things that they are going to struggle with against fury, where as Tyson can’t let his concentration slip for a split second against either. He’s walking a proverbial tightrope. I think fury beats them both but I wouldn’t be too surprised if either knocked him out. The fights are closer than many are giving them credit for imo

I love the title. I recall fondly when John L. Fury was the first ever champ.

i think Joshua is far more dangerous for fury than people give him credit for. It’s been blatantly obvious after seeing him struggle to close the distance against wlad, that he will have even more trouble tieing down fury. But if/when he does catch him, there will be follow up shots, unlike with wilder. And obviously with wilder he has to avoid that right hand for 36 mins.

Both guys have different things that they are going to struggle with against fury, where as Tyson can’t let his concentration slip for a split second against either. He’s walking a proverbial tightrope. I think fury beats them both but I wouldn’t be too surprised if either knocked him out. The fights are closer than many are giving them credit for imo

I feel like AJ is a much easier fight for Fury than Wilder is; Mainly due to him not having the same level of pace/cardio/speed/power and him having a weaker chin. Maybe i'm overrating his cardio/chin problems but Fury and Wilder seem to have extremely good cardio while AJ's seems more average for a HW in that department.

jpeg.jpg
Lennox Lewis looks weird in that pic.

Until Ortiz his title defences were a fckin jokes. Some of these guys were bearly top 30 HWs.

I'm not going to argue that Wilder's competition has been good, but it is an incontrovertible fact that the likes of Stiverne, Arreola, Szpilka and Molina are a level above someone like Schwarz.

Look at how much trouble Gashi gave Swhawz and then look at what happened when Gashi fought decent competition.

Also, if we're talking about overall strength of schedule, besides Klitschko, who are all of these killers that Fury has beaten?

I'm not going to argue that Wilder's competition has been good, but it is an incontrovertible fact that the likes of Stiverne, Arreola, Szpilka and Molina are a level above someone like Schwarz.

Look at how much trouble Gashi gave Swhawz and then look at what happened when Gashi fought decent competition.
Yeah but they are levels below Whyte, Parker, Povetkin and Wlad who AJ fought in far fewer fights. To be fair to Wilder if Potvekin hadn't have got busted then he would be on Wilders record too.

Yeah but they are levels below Whyte, Parker, Povetkin and Wlad who AJ fought in far fewer fights. To be fair to Wilder if Potvekin hadn't have got busted then he would be on Wilders record too.

I'm not talking about AJ, nor am I claiming that Wilder has fought strong competition. The comparison was being made to Fury's record, and the only impressive names on that list are Wlad and Wilder.

ETA. AJ got rushed in his career by Hearn. He had a lot success early, and props to him for it, but it also led him to the position that he's in now where he's being forced into a make or break rematch against a guy who may or may not have a prohibitive style advantage.

I'm not talking about AJ, nor am I claiming that Wilder has fought strong competition. The comparison was being made to Fury's record, and the only impressive names on that list are Wlad and Wilder.

ETA. AJ got rushed in his career by Hearn. He had a lot success early, and props to him for it, but it also led him to the position that he's in now where he's being forced into a make or break rematch against a guy who may or may not have a prohibitive style advantage.
Fury has fought others like Chisora and Helenius who weren't bad when he fought them but yeah there isn't much else to shout about on Fury's record.

You could take the view that AJ got rushed but then Ruiz was a stand-in opponent at short notice because the original opponent who presented far less danger (no power) got pinged for drugs. Ruiz was the proverbial banana skin. In hindsight it's easy to say that AJ bit off more than he could chew but before the fight he was a strong favourite. Sometimes risks just don't pan out well.

I think Joshua will come back and become a champion.

Back