Waterson vs. VanZant draws highest UFC TV event in nearly three years

Doesn't this mostly have to do with being on the major Fox channel instead of just FS1? The Fight Nights that do the largest ratings are pretty much always the ones on Fox (this, Nate vs Henderson, Holm vs Valentina, etc.)

It would have been twice that many viewers if they had been mud wrestling in thongs instead.

Doesn't this mostly have to do with being on the major Fox channel instead of just FS1? The Fight Nights that do the largest ratings are pretty much always the ones on Fox (this, Nate vs Henderson, Holm vs Valentina, etc.)

No it's the highest rating even in terms of Fox cards.

Casual viewers seem to really dig Wmma. The two highest drawing Ufc cards in recent memory were both headlined by females. We shall see if Shevchenko vs Lima continues the trend

No it's the highest rating even in terms of Fox cards.

Casual viewers seem to really dig Wmma. The two highest drawing Ufc cards in recent memory were both headlined by females. We shall see if Shevchenko vs Lima continues the trend

I'm still not convinced. If Pena/Valentina does great numbers, then maybe.

I skipped this amateur fight. If this is the trend for MMA then IMMOUT.

GOod for them.

But it just shows you how much those numbers are from the casual fans or no fans.

I'm wondering how many hardcore MMA fans there are actually.......

yes and the Ronda PPV will sell well also... WMMA is popular . just because a few losers on a forum dont like woman because none will talk to them say it isnt doesnt make it true

yes and the Ronda PPV will sell well also... WMMA is popular . just because a few losers on a forum dont like woman because none will talk to them say it isnt doesnt make it true
None talk to me and I still love womenz!

You're the one that went extreme.
It was an analogy, and not an extreme one. Hardcore fans generally want a certain product/direction that appeals to them as a purist, often not compatible with what might make the most money for the org or appeal to the mainstream, hence they are ''purists" - for example MMA as it originally was basically underground and had an extreme edge. Many fell in love with it back then and have seen a steady 'dilution' of that until what we have now.

To compare the original NHB/UFC era fighting to what we have today is absolutely like comparing a hardcore underground band changing its stripes to resemble something like Nickleback - some say its for the 'better', some say its 'to make money' - the truth is probably in between. My analogy was to make this point.

Anyway, I guess it comes down to perspective and when you started watching MMA and what you like.

Its not to say you can't like both either

Lots of people hoping to see ass and titties. Am disappoint.

It went as planned. The torch was being passed to Waterson. They knew Paige has gone as far as she could and it was time to let the casuals know who Karate Hottie is.

Back