Waterson vs. VanZant draws highest UFC TV event in nearly three years

Great. Let's sign more women and put them as headlines over seasoned veterans who probably deserved it more.
giphy.gif

Didn't she get an hour long show promoting her on fox before this fight?

I know I seen something like that on my guide one day and I am pretty sure it was on fox, that is a big push for someone who doesn't really deserve it but looks good so yeah of course it will do good numbers

Like when they were promoting McGregor vs Siver during the fkn NFL playoffs lol, no other championship fight had ever been even mentioned during an NFL.

Translation...a shit load of people saw 3 hype trains get derailed....Copper Perry, Northchoked, and Paige Van Choked.

People wants to see the path to GOATness of the man who killed the punk

The casuals tuned in because the hype behind Paige and Sage.

Now imagine if the UFC put some of that marketing moolah into people who can actually fight.

Goofs.

pvz is clearly a draw.

ufc should pay her more to lose.

UFC events = The Circus is in town!

Dana's face when Paige, Sage, Aldana, Platinum lost

Uncle-Dan-reacts.jpg

You mean to tell me that the legions of sherdog doofuses that believe that MMA should cater to their hardcore fan isolationist ideals regardless of how nonsensical that may be were wrong? Willikers...

They did those kind of numbers and Waterson only made 30 G's with her bonus?

That's fucking crazy.

The casuals tuned in because the hype behind Paige and Sage.

Now imagine if the UFC put some of that marketing moolah into people who can actually fight.

Goofs.

They did have a former champion in the main fight who had an 85% finish rate and more pro wins than everyone else in the main and comain combined.

gaOlLwn.png

So it wasn't totally bereft of "someone who can actually fight". Give the UFC some credit.

(and they paid her 15k to show, 15 to win, less than any of those other shmucks)

Probably had a lot to do with Paige being on DWTS and Gall beating CM Punk.

Back