Watching Colby and Usman boxing was the funniest thing ever...

It was a good fight but overrated in how good it was cuz it was two boring wrestlers actually fighting and trying to make exciting which it was but people lost their mind watching their sub par striking.
I think it's considered good because of the absolutely insane pace both fighters maintained over the course of the fight.

Usman showed he’s the best in the division and Colby showed that he’s just a few steps behind. Hate Colby all you want but the guys a warrior and I actually had him slightly ahead heading into the final found .

Also Colby haters love to talk about the broken jaw. To me, all that showed was that the guy is an absolute savage still taking shots and actually winning the round after his jaw was broken .

Usman showed he’s the best in the division and Colby showed that he’s just a few steps behind. Hate Colby all you want but the guys a warrior and I actually had him slightly ahead heading into the final found .
Colby could’ve won if he used kicks instead of just defenseless boxing really

Expected a NCAA wrestling match and got a drunk bar brawl. Excellent fight in my opinion.

It’s crazy how much bigger Usman is. Colby looks a whole weight class lower.
Tbf Usman is probably the biggest WW on roster and Colby is one of the smallest. Colby could probably make 155 if he really, really wanted to. Usman wouldn't be a tiny MW if he moved up.

2 wrestlers throwing overhands, showing the evolution of mma

One of the best WW fights ever IMO.

Colby is a bitch and I hope he gets KO’d every fight but he is elite. He will be #1 ranked fighter for a long time. It’s Marty, Colby and everyone else in that division right now

Also Colby haters love to talk about the broken jaw. To me, all that showed was that the guy is an absolute savage still taking shots and actually winning the round after his jaw was broken .

yup. colby fought rounds with a broken jaw. he showed fortitude and bravery. he didnt curl up in a ball and look for a way out. that is the true american spirit

That fight was fucking close as shit, I still think if Usman didn't fake a lowblow Colby might have gotten the finish...
Then again he has pillowfists so maybe not but that fight was good, just rematch Colby instead of fighting Masvidal ffs.

Funnier than that is that in a real fight both of them would beat the shit out of your favorite boxer, dude :p
Meh.. Well a real fight would be a street fight right? A fight in an alley, anything goes. With that I would put my money on any of the 3 HW monsters that's Wilder, Fury, and Joshua in a street fight with Colby or Usman..

It was the 2 best welterweights in the world going to war aka why title fights exist. If you walked away from that fight without increased respect for both men idk what to tell you

yup. colby fought rounds with a broken jaw. he showed fortitude and bravery. he didnt curl up in a ball and look for a way out. that is the true american spirit

Shame he didn't maintain that True American Spirit all the way out of the arena and walked out head up instead of covered up ↓↓↓

uhIoegR.jpg

Absolutely one of my favorite fights EVER! If they ever meet again I do hope there’s a little grappling next time though I’d like to see who’s the better wrestler

It was like the highest level bar fight you would ever see with two tough bastards with basic striking skills absolutely going to war.

It produced this

NINTCHDBPICT000548558868.jpg

and this

giphy.gif

What's not to luv?

Meh.. Well a real fight would be a street fight right? A fight in an alley, anything goes. With that I would put my money on any of the 3 HW monsters that's Wilder, Fury, and Joshua in a street fight with Colby or Usman..
Meh, that heavyweight monster that is wilder is 6'6'' but only 215 pounds. Usman weighs almost the same in between camps but is not even 6'. He would clinch him immediately and take your favorite boxer down beating him up just like what happened to those poor bully football players that got beat up a few days ago by smaller guys that knew MMA ;)

Back