Watching Colby and Usman boxing was the funniest thing ever...

It was a great fight. I think it had an early stoppage and Colby would have survived another 30 seconds but Usman would have got a 10-8 round in the 5th and won a close decision anyways.

Looking forward to them running it back

Meh, that heavyweight monster that is wilder is 6'6'' but only 215 pounds. Usman weighs almost the same in between camps but is not even 6'. He would clinch him immediately and take your favorite boxer down beating him up just like what happened to those poor bully football players that got beat up a few days ago by smaller guys that knew MMA ;)
Wilder couldnt be taken down by Usman LOL he's so much bigger hed throw Usman off him.

Wilder couldnt be taken down by Usman LOL he's so much bigger hed throw Usman off him.
You are very naive. He is 215 pounds and Usman walks around at 200 pounds between camps. A high level wrestler that had adjusted his technique to wrestle people that will punch him will easily take down a guy 15 pounds heavier and a lot taller that has no idea how to wrestle or fight off somebody that clinches him. That is just so obvious...

Usman won fair & square but almost everyone saw a great back & forth war, not a 1 sided dominating beatdown like OP is suggesting. I don't like Colby at all but he fought a good exciting & competitive fight

I thought it was super close with Colby being up 3-1 before the stoppage. Every round was super close though.

I didnt have Colby up before the stoppage, but it was a pretty competitive fight and showed that Colby is the real deal, especially considering how dominant Usman has been in his subsequent performances in comparison to that fight.

In a real fight, my favorite Sherdog phrase. MMA isn't real fighting.
Is as close as it gets. You are very naive to think than a boxer would be better prepared for a street fight than a mma fighter. Having extra size on them is no guarantee either as those football players that got beat up the other day learnt the hard way :rolleyes:

Meh, that heavyweight monster that is wilder is 6'6'' but only 215 pounds. Usman weighs almost the same in between camps but is not even 6'. He would clinch him immediately and take your favorite boxer down beating him up just like what happened to those poor bully football players that got beat up a few days ago by smaller guys that knew MMA ;)
Lol you are probably right

Is as close as it gets. You are very naive to think than a boxer would be better prepared for a street fight than a mma fighter. Having extra size on them is no guarantee either as those football players that got beat up the other day learnt the hard way :rolleyes:
I'm not saying boxers are better prepared just that MMA isn't any more real than boxing. Real fighting has one rule - win. There are no rules or refs.

I'm not saying boxers are better prepared just that MMA isn't any more real than boxing. Real fighting has one rule - win. There are no rules or refs.
Yes, is different than MMA in that way. Knives, guns, friends, things laying around you can use, any strike is allowed. But my point is that in general an mma fighter is much better prepared for a fight like that than a boxer that doesn't know what to do when they clinch him, can't defend takedowns, can get up when he is being pinned down, can't defend submissions, not used to being elbowed, never been kicked, etc... So yeah, it is more real, it's a lot closer to it than boxing.

Boxers all they know is how to throw punches, which is important, but that alone with 15 pounds of extra weight wouldn't be enough against MMA fighters in a street fight.

One of the best WW fights ever IMO.

Colby is a bitch and I hope he gets KO’d every fight but he is elite. He will be #1 ranked fighter for a long time. It’s Marty, Colby and everyone else in that division right now
Yeah I think Edwards can beat Colby and Edwards has already taken a round from Usman in a fight before.

I feel the fight is overrated because people’s expectations were so low .... very good fight though ......... TS is a dumbass

Great fight overall . Colby had better striking but was no match for Usmans power .

Last edited:
Expected a NCAA wrestling match and got a drunk bar brawl. Excellent fight in my opinion.

Tbf Usman is probably the biggest WW on roster and Colby is one of the smallest. Colby could probably make 155 if he really, really wanted to. Usman wouldn't be a tiny MW if he moved up.
Usman's upper body is probably the biggest. His lower body is stick-figure-like while Colby is a thick boy below the waist.

Back