Wasnt Corery Hill injury serious?

I mean the Salmon KO. Salmon was completely out yet Rashad started throwing some super brutal ground and pound even when the ref got a hold of him.

EDIT: To be honest, the only reason why I said Rashad in the first place was cause he was the first name that comes to mind. Then when I got called out I thought deep and hard to remember a time when Shad went berserk on a KOd opponent :icon_chee

He only dropped 2 extra punches on Salmon before the fight was stopped :
29gdcav.jpg

Frank was a goddamned stud!
And a gentleman! Stopped hitting as soon as he realized that Zinoviev's out, a guy like Rashad would keep hitting and hitting.

It's too bad that it ended Zinoviev's career, he was very promising, KOd Enson and Sperry.

He really didn't KO Sperry. He was getting dominated, and then there was that weird ending.

It wasn't career ending and certainly not life-threatening. It was gross looking but that doesn't mean it was serious.. He was back to training 9 or 10 months after the incident.

has he had a fight since?

How bout Tra Telligmams mysterious dissappearance after Sylvia took his head off

Maybe I dont know what a serious injury is, but I always thought this was a serious injury. Dana keep saying there has never been a serious injury in the UFC. Either he forgot about this one or has different definition of what a serious injury is

definition of serious is subjective

On topic, I remember hearing DW say that Corey Hill's leg was the most serious injury in the UFC.

Serious injury = life threatening or permanent nerve damage ala broken back, broken neck, ect

Corey Hill made a full recovery in what, 12 months tops?

A broken leg (fractured tibia) actually does have potentially life threatening complication of fatty embolism, however the incidence is pretty low like <1%. But still, there is a chance you can die from it.

A broken leg (fractured tibia) actually does have potentially life threatening complication of fatty embolism, however the incidence is pretty low like <1%. But still, there is a chance you can die from it.

technically there's a chance you can die from any bone break

Thank you House for teaching me everything I know about medicine!

It wasn't a life-threaten injury nor career ending. Many fighters fought with broken hands all the time and Corey had broken leg big deal.

Yes, it was serious. How anyone in this thread can disagree with that is mind-boggling. Dude's fucking lower leg was split in half.

Dana didn't mean to use the word serious. I understood Dana to be referring to injuries that would be considered life-threatening. Had he remembered Corey Hill, he would have chosen a better word.

Back