Washing Your Gi...How often?

After every practice. I only have one gi and use it 3 times a week and I wash it after every practice. I wouldn't want to roll with guys who didn't do the same.

A friend in high school a long time ago once had no rubber .... so he went to the kitchen and wrapped it in glad-wrap (cling-wrap/plastic-wrap)...

I can beat that. Back when I hung out with shadier characters, a drunk buddy of mine once improvised with a used subway sandwich bag and a rubberband.

Not washing your gi after every use, is just asking for about every skin infection you could get.

This isnt a discussion. The answer is after every class. Staph is a serious risk. If we just start rolling and your gi smells, I will totally stand up and stop rolling, even if it means having to sit out myself. Theres no reason *not* to wash your gi every day. Throw it in the wash after class, and either hang it outside if its warm out, or hang it up and put a fan in front of it.
I understand why but I kind of find that hard to believe you do that, unless the smell makes you puke. I know if I stood up and said something like I don't like the smell of your gi, my instructor would probably say "tough"and tell me to keep rolling with him.

I still haven't bought mine, but I'm planning on getting two.

I wash mine after every single use, Now that I have 2 gi's, it is a little easier, but when i had one gi and would train twice aa day, it got washed twice.

A friend in high school a long time ago once had no rubber .... so he went to the kitchen and wrapped it in glad-wrap (cling-wrap/plastic-wrap)...

A mans got to do, what a mans got to do.

People will say every day, and yes, that's the perfect number, but I know most people don't wash it every single day.

I shower at home not the gym so I go directly home after the gym....I walk in my door and walk directly to the washer machine and put my gi in the wash.

I don't get what makes you think "MOST" do not. The way you say most comes across like you think it is too difficult. What is difficult about what I just described? Are you lazy? Saving water? Detergent?

I just purchased a second Gi so I can rotate them, but I will continue to throw my gi in the wash when I enter my house. The only difference now is I dont have to stay up for an hour waiting for it to be done and hang on the line. It'll sit in the machine till the mornng and I'll just leave for work with my second gi.

Would you wear a pair of socks two days in a row? Hopefully not, so why a gi or any other sports equiptment u or someone sweats on

i wash the gi after EVERY class i roll in it ...period...thats just coommon hygiene n cleaniness

Back