Was Your Thread Deleted, Moved or Merged? Ask about it here - Vol 4

Something that's super annoying: When mods delete a thread, the main Sherdog page still links to the the original post.

"Conor arrested today in connection with a sexual assault" has been linked to on the main page for over 24 hours.

It's been a problem for years. When a thread gets deleted, you guys need to delete the link on the main page also so we aren't following dead links to error pages.

And yes it's pretty obvious something is up with Conor, there's enough evidence out there at this point. Everyone is talking about it EXCEPT Sherdog. Sherdog is getting to be the place where you go for OLD news because everything has to be triple confirmed or whatever. Can't talk about it on on the Sherdog forums unless it's OLD news posted to the Sherdog front page.
When posts appear on the front page of Sherdog.com, there is a small window of a few minutes for the server to refresh and display any changes made. This applies to articles, forum threads, fight finder information, and so on. There's nothing we can do about that.

And regarding the Conor McGregor threads about an alleged sexual assault, refer to what my colleague stated above:

You provided two sources to the same website. The website links to a story in the Irish Times that does not name the athlete in question. Until further information is released and the athlete in question is named, we are in the territory of speculation.

MMAJunkie is not covering those allegations, nor is MMAFighting, the Sherdog.com main page, MMAWeekly, or ESPN/MMA. The only other large communities discussing these allegations are the UG and Reddit MMA, with the latter putting up a large disclaimer alerting readers that it is wholly unconfirmed information. Erring on the side of caution, if more legitimate sources are presented, we will allow threads to run on them.

Neither the RAW story or the Irish Times story say any such thing about Conor making a statement.
well media cannot name the persons until after conviction, its a law in Ireland.so we have to wait until the process is over to get his full name mentioned, leaks are certainly floating around. he is not fighting for a year.

I thought this was a light hearted and subtle-jab at the current state of commentary in the UFC but it was immediately wastelanded - just keen for some feedback if possible.
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...els-like-visiting-my-divorced-mother.3896465/

Joke threads are better suited for the wasteland, as are rehashed threads about long-departed UFC commentators. Mike Goldberg's final broadcast was in December 2016. It's been long enough now, you can probably let that one go.

" was moved to a different forum. Reason: Please refrain from making threads with headlines that do nothing other than upset or depress readers. "

Come on y'all can do better than that...

Mayberry is basically the new War Room, but my existential post is too insensitive?

Gtfoh

I checked in Mayberry just now and saw the rules, which were almost stated verbatim in your delete message:

Please refrain from making threads with a news headline that does nothing other than to upset and depress readers, ex: "Child Gangraped" or "Local Girl beheaded by Father" these topics will be deleted.

When a staff member relocates your thread to a more suitable location for discussion, the proper action is probably not to start a new thread about it while complaining about moderation, and then making a new alt account after being warned multiple times that posters are only allowed one account. I mean it was quite clever that you made an alternate account with the username of "Boyalpha" in an attempt to trick the staff to pretend it wasn't you and was instead someone else, but your obviously well-thought-out plan did not come to fruition, which is what lead to your double yellows.

When posts appear on the front page of Sherdog.com, there is a small window of a few minutes for the server to refresh and display any changes made. This applies to articles, forum threads, fight finder information, and so on. There's nothing we can do about that.

Last night on the main page there was a link to "Conor arrested today in connection with a sexual assault". Of course it was deleted. Hours later, it was still there. It's position in the "top ten" of new posts moved around every time I refreshed but it was still there. This morning, closer to lunch... still there. It was the same post too, pointed to the same thread number. It's finally gone now.

Same thing with "RTE leak shows Conor McGregor arrested." That one stuck around too.

So there no small window. Some of these deleted threads are sticking around on the main page for 18 hours or more. Every day I click on one... or many. The system needs work.

My thread asking about Banchan was deleted with the message "no threads about banned users" or something. Is that a new rule? Is it in a sticky somewhere?

I made a thread about how Rachel Ostovich looks different between her photos and in the cage. Deleted without any notice or reason.

Made a thread saying people who think Cudejo/TJ wss early are dumb. It has probably over 100 replies, deleted without reason or cause.

If you are going to delete threads fine, but you should give a reason so people don't make similar threads and can adjust their posts to better fit the rules.

My thread asking about Banchan was deleted with the message "no threads about banned users" or something. Is that a new rule? Is it in a sticky somewhere?

It's covered in the forum rules section

https://forums.sherdog.com/help/terms

Do not post on behalf of someone who's banned. That'll probably get you banned, too. The idea of being banned is that they're no longer a part of this online forum community and are no longer allowed to interact here. No making threads that give glory to banned people. It's not a violation to mention them in passing but no threads that focus on them. ("Ah, TrollDuJour, I miss him so!" "or Hey, it's TrollduJour's birthday!") Prohibited threads include "What banned member do you miss/would you bring back?" type of threads.

Making a thread about a banned poster won't necessarily land you an Infraction but those threads are usually deleted. Exceptions are usually made in the Off Topic: Bare Knuckles section where the rules are more relaxed.

I made a thread about how Rachel Ostovich looks different between her photos and in the cage. Deleted without any notice or reason.

Made a thread saying people who think Cudejo/TJ wss early are dumb. It has probably over 100 replies, deleted without reason or cause.

If you are going to delete threads fine, but you should give a reason so people don't make similar threads and can adjust their posts to better fit the rules.

Both of these are covered in the main thread guidelines in the Heavies.

Your first example:

rachael ostovich is 90% make up and fake parts

Falls under mild fighter bashing, as it is insulting the physical appearance of a fighter in the thread title.

Your second thread:

Holy S*** you tards actually think that was an early stoppage?!?!?!?

Had an OP that was made to illicit an angry response from other posters and start a flame war. This was the OP in question:

everyone who thinks that was an early stoppage, PLEASE DO NOT REPRODUCE. YOU ARE NOT FIT FOR HUMAN SOCIETY. TJ was Done. WTF is wrong with your brain that makes you think he should continue?!

If you were to remake that thread and did so without flaming those who had an opposing viewpoint, I have no doubt that it would be allowed to stay.

Both of these are covered in the main thread guidelines in the Heavies.

Your first example:

rachael ostovich is 90% make up and fake parts

Falls under mild fighter bashing, as it is insulting the physical appearance of a fighter in the thread title.

Your second thread:

Holy S*** you tards actually think that was an early stoppage?!?!?!?

Had an OP that was made to illicit an angry response from other posters and start a flame war. This was the OP in question:

everyone who thinks that was an early stoppage, PLEASE DO NOT REPRODUCE. YOU ARE NOT FIT FOR HUMAN SOCIETY. TJ was Done. WTF is wrong with your brain that makes you think he should continue?!

If you were to remake that thread and did so without flaming those who had an opposing viewpoint, I have no doubt that it would be allowed to stay.
It's not flaming if it's true!

I'm wondering why my post in this thread was ignored and others were replied to?

I'm wondering why my post in this thread was ignored and others were replied to?
My guess is that it was removed because basically all fight fixing discussion has been off limits since the Sherdog Forums were created, and someone with an almost nine year account should know this. It doesn't matter if you're disputing that a fight was in fact not fixed or arguing the merits on one side or the other. Nothing good ever comes from fight fixing threads, so they are removed outright. The only thread on the subject I can recall in recent memory that was not removed addressed a specific video from that MMAonPoint site.

Regarding the specific rule:

• No Trolling - Do not make posts that are deliberately offensive or provocative with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them. This includes making accusations of fixed fights and race-baiting posts. Orchestrating forum raids is also considered trolling and can result in a ban.
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/sherdog-user-rules-and-contact-info-all-new-members-read.3130889/

Can I get the ability to move my own threads when i inevitably fuck up and post in ufc discution what was meant for the lounge? Mods just send them to the dump

I know im retarded but what can you do

Can I get the ability to move my own threads when i inevitably fuck up and post in ufc discution what was meant for the lounge? Mods just send them to the dump

I know im retarded but what can you do
No, we aren't going to give a poster coming off dubs for thread spamming and telling mods to F themselves any moderation powers. You should look before you post, it says exactly which section you are making your threads. If you can't figure that out, you probably shouldn't make threads in the first place.

clearly marked.jpg

Why was my last thread just straight up deletead? I said i fucked up and asked nicely for a mod to move to the appropriate place, instead they just delete it. Others get their threads moved to the right place whem its in the wrong place. Whatever.

why is my thread being merged into this one? https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...ckboxing-bjj-tourneys.3908183/#post-149070625

Makes no sense, i made a thread asking who people blame for fighters pulling out and it got merged to a thread asking if other combat sports have injuries? Da fuck they are totally different. Makes no sense.

Another thread moved for no reason https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/now-that-bellator-234-is-over.3908783/#post-149090315
to world wide mma discussion? Clearly to anyone with 1 eye you can see its about UFC and ONLY ufc...

What are mods doing tonight? is it just 1 mod abusing his power? Can we take care of this or what?

Pretty blatant abuse.

Last edited:
Why did my sex ed and evangelical thread get deleted

One Zima too many

Back