Reports about bad ads should include the following:

1. Location/Country
2. Device
3. Browser
4. Company/product of ad.
5. A screen shot if possible,
6. Brief description of how the ad is a problem.
7. Page/Pages affected
8. Date and Time of occurrence.

Refer to the instructions for your device on how to take screen shots

Was Your Thread Deleted, Moved or Merged? Ask about it here - Vol 4

Discussion in 'Support' started by jei, Dec 16, 2018.

1. jei

jei Danger Zone Admin Staff Member Forum Administrator

For explanations about why a thread was deleted, moved or merged.

This is not a complaint thread. Flaming of posters and moderators will not be tolerated. Please avoid unnecessary banter and off topic posting, as that makes the thread more difficult to properly monitor.

If you have a complaint, please direct that complaint directly to a forum administrator via PM.

Presently the forum administrators are:

@jei
    @Lethal
    @Peteyandjia
    @Tachycardia

Regards,

2. Cooliox

Cooliox Gold Belt

So I made a thread speculating the future of Jon Jones if he loses to Gus, and gets suspended from fighting... which I think is a very valid discussion since it is most likely going to happen and with Jones' next suspension, his career is over.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/i...hting-what-will-he-do.3886527/#post-147822989

I would like to inquire why it was moved to the wasteland. Is it because I threw a bit of humor into the op after the serious question?
    Another important point that I raised is that I feel the UFC is just giving Jones a get-out-of-jail-free card to have him lose his hype to someone (particularly Gus in this case), and then they'd throw him under the bus.

I think that could be very true. Either way, I put humor in there with the gif cause I know millennials all have attention issues.

If someone could clarify, it would be great. Discussing the very likely future of a fighter here. Thanks.

3. Valhoven

Valhoven Iron stars burning bright Staff Member Senior Moderator

Hi, Cooliox.

Thread was wastelanded as there was nothing of merit or material up for debate and your lighthearted recommendation for ring-boy aside, thread yielded but coke or Christian jokes and that of an erectile dysfunction spokesman or then film et cetera. With the oversaturation of Jones-related threads at present, the timing of your thread also falls prey to our readiness in keeping UFC Discussion newsworthy, conjecture-lite, and productive this weekend. Maybe he'd coach or enter into partnership with a Michelin-starred restaurant franchisor – either way, it's fantasy and that itself a long-time WL qualifier.

I appreciate your following up here and the content you contribute to the site is similarly appreciated. We hope you join us for the fights this Saturday night and weigh in with your thoughts.

Jackonfire likes this.
  4. Cooliox

Cooliox Gold Belt

Noted with thanks :)

5. linch

linch Blue Belt

Hello there,

Happy new year
    I'm back on sherdog after a few days off.
    My thread I started last week, a conversation with Dr Michael Forrest (a Cambridge biochemistry graduate) about Jon Jones' situation simply disappeared. It wasn't wastelanded or moved anywhere, it just disappeared.

6. YourOnlineHero

YourOnlineHero Blue Belt

I made a thread about Mayweather Vs tenshin. Titled something like 'ATTN: "it was fixed" guys'

I thought my post out and I feel it contained a valuable opinion and discussion point that hadn't been brought up in any previous thread/video/postcast etc. Regarding Japanese culture and my experience there.

I'm wondering why it was deleted? Can't even find it in the wasteland and have no alerts about it.

Thanks

7. bad seed

bad seed Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

how long do dubs last? I got some dank thread ideas itching to go.

8. Slobodan

Slobodan Вело ;) Staff Member Senior Moderator

One month from when you received them. In your case, Jan 29th

9. Alcibiades007

Alcibiades007 Yellow Card Yellow Card

Made a thread about free-will in the War Room and I can't find it now. Was there something wrong with it?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  10. Clippy

Clippy sweet fried chicken haul on the highway

11. pSaul Newman

pSaul Newman Mr. Cool Hand Luke Ice

It felt a little forced.

12. Ripskater

Ripskater It's ok to be rip

Any explanation as to why my War Room thread about 2 women kicking a man (trans dude) out of the women's restroom they were in was dumped? I posted a news article with it as well.

Thank you-rip

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  13. computer fogie

computer fogie Senior Moderator Senior Moderator

The frequency with which you make similarly themed threads, the isolated nature of the incident, your assumptions/conclusions about the incident, and the content of the thread. There was no discussion, only jokes and criticism directed at you.

Thanks for asking, I hope this helps you understand why it was moved.