Elections Was this "inappropriate, wrong despicable by Trump?"

See, I was willing to give the President the benefit of the doubt, and then Trump Jr. posted on Instagram, "Savage!!! Love my President."

The "savage" comment...seems to be on the same spectrum as "trail of Tears."

I'm not sure if this is Dog Whistle $hit, or they inadvertently are making references to Native Americans...

but I'm not down with this, at all.

I'm thinking that Junior was of the same thought-process regarding the word "trail" in that Trump was merely making fun of Warren's failed foray into Native-American'ism. <BC1>

That's where the "savage" comes from as I also don't believe Junior knows anything about "Trail of Tears" himself.

That is incorrect.

You are welcome to your opinion of course. I am certain that Trump is mentally unfit to be president. I think he is quite dangerous and on top of that I think the whole family is selfish enough to form policy with their own benefit in mind.

I think this is a very serious time in our history. Nothing may come of it but as long as Trump is in office we are not safe because Trump has mental problems.

I don't think he meant "Trail of Tears" either. I think it's just a lame reference to "trails" in general since Native Americans sometimes lived in woods and used trails. I don't think it's any more clever than that.

EXACTLY.

That's what any Ordinary Joe(or Jane) would think of in this case.

Nothing more, nothing less.

You are welcome to your opinion of course. I am certain that Trump is mentally unfit to be president. I think he is quite dangerous and on top of that I think the whole family is selfish enough to form policy with their own benefit in mind.

I think this is a very serious time in our history. Nothing may come of it but as long as Trump is in office we are not safe because Trump has mental problems.

I think there are many Sherdog'ers that have mental problems apparently. <LordRoose>

I’m certain Trump does not have mental problems. You on the other hand are clearly suffering from TDS. Seek help.

I’m certain Trump does not have mental problems. You on the other hand are clearly suffering from TDS. Seek help.

I disagree. I think you only watch news that shows Trump on a positive light.

That’s not true. And I also don’t see how he’s dangerous.

It is OK with me if you disagree.

I am not young and it has been my experience that people who have to lie as much as he does, especially to make himself look better than he is are not good people at all. People that carry around that much insecurity cannot make decisions based only on the facts- they must first consider how everything will make them look and that weighs more heavily than reality in their minds.

I think that the right combination of external events could cause him to act irrationally and place our country in danger.

The only real danger I see him causing presently (that is out of the ordinary) is how divisive he seems to intentionally be. The country is so divided and tensions are running high. People are angry and mistrustful of one another and Trump seems to do very little or nothing to lead people towards unity. In fact I think he likes people being divided-- over him-- as a result of his insecurities.

I don't think Trump is a man in the sense of being a real man. I think he is very weak.

seems pretty obvious that it was a double entendre. A hilarious one. In the tweet:

TRAIL

means "campaign trail"

and also "Native American trail"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Native_American_trails_in_the_United_States

I lol'd when I read the tweet. Hilarious stuff, this guy is funnier than most professional comedians.

Assuming, as some people in here are, that "TRAIL" meant "trail of tears" and that this was some kind of anti-native insult is a reach of insane proportion.

You stupid liberals are hilarious, Trump references the campaign trail and you just look for something to get triggered about. Yet we have a woman claiming Native American heritage falsely in order to push her own agendas, but you’re just looking for something to get angry at Trump about.

Lol @ you. I can’t imagine how shitty and empty you’re life must be to connect dots that arent actually there.
In your mind , and like minded righties, anyone stridently criticising White power = racist. I have read enough far right websites to know dam well that he has a shit ton of support from them. Whenever he says stuff that has racial innuendo attached to it, these righties rejoice.

Logic, when I saw the tweet WITHOUT coming to this thread you created, *NOT ONCE* did "Trail of Tears" come to mind.

In fact, I had no clue what the fuck "Trail of Tears" was until you mentioned it.

To me, a Campaign Trail is a Campaign Trail but all I saw was Trump emphasizing the word "Trail" to make fun of Warren's whole Native-American fiasco.

Why would you think this (what I said in bold above) is a stretch?

You really believe Trump KNOWS about "Trail Of Tears"? <Lmaoo>

Again, this is the first time I'VE ever heard of it until you mentioned it.

Yea you might have a point...

I didn't like this from Brit, though :

"He says ignorant and offensive things regularly"

Uhh...No he doesn't. Where the hell does he get his info from? CNN?

Come on man don't play dumb. If you like the shit he says, own it but don't pretend he doesn't say/tweet ignorant or offensive things.

In your mind , and like minded righties, anyone stridently criticising White power = racist. I have read enough far right websites to know dam well that he has a shit ton of support from them. Whenever he says stuff that has racial innuendo attached to it, these righties rejoice.

Your opinion dosent matter to me. You have shown yourself to be an actual racist so I pay no attention to you.

Fraudulent. LOL. There's nothing I've seen to suggest she ever benefited from it. And yeah, she did apologize. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...gy-native-american-identification/2799395002/
And again, https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/01/politics/elizabeth-warren-apology-to-cherokee-nation/index.html

But the fact that you consider this minor issue to be fraudulent in the Trump era means you are likely to dismiss this out of hand too.
Nice end of post: don’t come back or I know what you’re really thinking!

Claiming to be of American Indian descent is a thing. She didn’t apologize for that, but rather tries to sit it out. She’s another Rachel Dolezal, although she certainly didn’t push it that far.

Your opinion dosent matter to me. You have shown yourself to be an actual racist so I pay no attention to you.
So why did you just reply.
You like some others here is a White Supremacist. That's why you get pissed when I bluntly attack White Supremacists. You are just like your ilk on Stormfront, categorizing anyone opposed to White hegemony/Power as a racist, because you lot think it us your birthright to rule America forever , to dominate demographically and culturally.

Now people are pissed because they believe he is alluding to the "Trail of Tears" by placing "TRAIL" in all caps.
Manufactured outrage. Indians used trails. There were several named trails.

To claim that Trump MUST HAVE BEEN MEANING the Trail of Tears is so transparent I'm baffled you have to ask.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back