Was the Gastelum vs Adesanya fight one of the greatest fights ever?

Was the Gastelum vs Adesanya fight one of the greatest fights ever?

• Yes it was one of the greatest fights.

• It was actually the greatest fight of all time.

• No, it's not one of the greatest fights.

Results are only viewable after voting.
One of the greatest fights for sure but honestly at the moment, im more upset at Kelvin going for those stupid takedowns when adesanya was rocked. He was loading up the 1-2 the whole fight when he was moving and as soon as he had him cornered and rocked, he went for a double wtf that was a real pissoff to see

Your the Only person who i have seen who thought the SAAAME SHIT i was when Israel was ROCKED!!!! WHY go for a take down when ALL u had to do was keep rockin him with punches???!!! Israel WAS DONE!!!! Just SAD!

Really, How come?

It was very similar to all the fights you mentioned, back and forth action the whole time and like all those fights (minus Aldo vs Mendez 2) it basically came down to who wanted it more and was willing to step it up and gut it out in the 5th to secure the win.

How can you possibly use those fights as your barometer and say you couldn't put this fight in the same class?

I loved this fight and it will definitely go down as an instant classic, not the greatest IMO but obviously that is subjective to each person.

To be perfectly honest, I don’t think I can say exactly why. As you said, it’s subjective, I just didn’t have quite the same feeling afterward.

To be perfectly honest, I don’t think I can say exactly why. As you said, it’s subjective, I just didn’t have quite the same feeling afterward.
Fair enough.

Oh okay. I guess I just assumed that since he was the one who came forward and pressed the action in the 5th instead of countering like he had in the majority of the previous 4 rounds.....

My bad dude, I guess I was mistaken
Fought a great 5th round .... Izzy also had every physical advantage heading into the fight with means Gastelum had to work much harder to get offense going ....The better fighter won , but with the grit , heart and Balls Gastelum showed I can’t see anyone wanting that fight more then him .... great fight ....Izzy vs Whittaker gonna be fun

"greatest fight" is relative.
There is A level fights where both bring out the absolute best in eachother.
Where both show their brilliance and deal with great adversity in the struggle.
Where the physical drama makes the air thick.
One that makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand just thinking about the next round starting.

This met the criteria.
We owe these boys our adoration.
They are our warriors.

Fought a great 5th round .... Izzy also had every physical advantage heading into the fight with means Gastelum had to work much harder to get offense going ....The better fighter won , but with the grit , heart and Balls Gastelum showed I can’t see anyone wanting that fight more then him .... great fight ....Izzy vs Whittaker gonna be fun
Fair enough

I would rank it in the top 100. But top 50 is questionable. No way is it a top 10 fight though.

Back