Was Moroz/Taylor the worst fight of the year?

It was awful, such low level amateurish MMA. I can't believe this is the product we are getting now on main cards.

1 Alvey vs Elias
2 McMan vs Eye
3 Moroz vs Taylor
It was soooooooo bad. Moroz, a "boxer", continually came up short with her punches despite a 7" reach advantage. At one point she had landed like 8% of her total strikes. They should have given it to Taylor out of spite, at least she landed the only 2 real blows.

Definitely up there. Alvey/Theoboreo(@Wizzlebiz), McMann/Eye, and Pena/Zingano are in th running for me.

Kimbo vs DaDa was so bad it was good.
Moroz landed a few good kicks to the face. As far as I could tell, all of Herbs warning were for Taylor. Moroz was moving forward 99% of that fight.

Anderson vs Maia wasn't that bad. The first couple rounds Anderson was dominating, then somewhere in the 3rd Anderson starts playing around a lot, the last two rounds Maia started attacking and was pretty aggressive.

Anderson vs. Leites was FAR more boring than Anderson vs Maia, Leites was falling to his back every 20 seconds and Anderson's most significant strikes were punches to Leites' thighs.
No doubt in my mind worst fight ever.... Wasn't that a fucking title fight?

I love fighting and everything that comes with it. I don't watch MMA to be entertained like i'm some fucking king needing jesters. I've got sherdoggers as my jesters.

I appreciate what every fight gives you whether it's a Run and Gun fight or a Lay and Pray fight or Wall and Stall fight. I love wild barn burners too but as long as a fight is fluid and natural is all i care about. Not bullshit stand ups or early stoppages or refs not allowing time for grappling exchanges to naturally formulate. But you gotta keep the fair weather majority happy and i understand that.

It's a fight not a movie. You get what you get and should appreciate that we even have fights to watch. You spoiled delusional fans are gonna bitch no matter what anyway.

You dont watch MMA to be entertained?
What do you watch it for? To support Dana?

And that was not a fight, in my eyes. It was less of a fight then many mma/boxing sparring sessions. 15 mins and 400 strikes thrown, not one exchange. A few single strikes landing here and there.

I understand MMA is a sport before it is a fight, but viewing that match as a sport would still be insanely dissapointing. Comparable to a NBA team shooting 6% from the feild and having 30 points at the end of the 4th.

Last edited:
The crowd fucking blew last night all around. Completely quiet during some of some brutal exchanges.

Really? Weird.

I was there and was surprised by how loud just 6,660 people can get.

1 Alvey vs Elias
2 McMan vs Eye
3 Moroz vs Taylor

Moroz landed a few good kicks to the face. As far as I could tell, all of Herbs warning were for Taylor. Moroz was moving forward 99% of that fight.
Moving forward but dindu nuffin. She couldn't even land basic 1-2 combos despite having a boxing background and 7" in reach. She primarily landed on air.

You're not smart enough for me to continue talking MMA with. Have a good day.

Heh ok man, everyone but you thought this fight was hot garbage, but you know you're right, we are all stupid, you are the only one who gets it.

it wasnt even the worst fight on the card.

the fight right after was worse. they didnt even belong in the WSOF

It was awful, such low level amateurish MMA. I can't believe this is the product we are getting now on main cards.
I've never seen a "boxer" land so few punches with such a physical advantage. It would be like a wrestler 2 for 20 on takedown attempts lol.

<36>

Anderson v Maia

still to this day.
i trained for a few years after that fight,and although i wasn't watching anywhere near the same amount of fights i used to,i still watched.....then i saw Silva v Maia not long after Hughes v Gracie,i recall thinking to myself,i love rolling and sparring,but i'm done watching this shit,i've missed so many epic battles since that card,the day after that card,was the day i became a ''casual''

I don't know what was worse.. this fight, or Mccann vs Eye, impossible to choose between the two. It's not high level MMA, sorry but thats the truth.

I've never seen a "boxer" land so few punches with such a physical advantage. It would be like a wrestler 2 for 20 on takedown attempts lol.

<36>
haha I know man, it was absoutley pathetic. Claims to be a boxer but didn't see to have a clue how to throw a punch. That really set the tone for the show, it didn't get much better after that. My eyes still sting haha

it wasnt even the worst fight on the card.

the fight right after was worse. they didnt even belong in the WSOF
As bad as Smith/Gigliotti was, and it was really bad, not nearly as awful as Moroz/Taylor. No way.

Really? On TV it seemed silent. Lots of booing too. Some deserved some not.

It was different being there. Felt like a lively crowd in person. Cheers when a good punch would land, lots of ooohs and ahhhs when fighters would throw something heavy and miss, the whole crowd losing their shit for Court McGee, loud ass La Pantera chants from what was a sizable Mexican portion of the crowd, etc.

But as it was my first UFC event that I've attended live, I noticed a lot of things are different. TV makes the shit feel bigger than it really was. It can make 6,600 people feel more like 15,000.

lol @ people trying to defend this fight. It was an absolute shit show, neither fighter willing to engage or do any damage. Essentially it was a very very boring sparring session.

You're not smart enough for me to continue talking MMA with. Have a good day.

Get off your fucking high horse.

Then go watch something else. This isn't a tough man contest.

But i agree that they needed to engage more to avoid a decision but Taylor had a giant bomb of a right hand waiting. Moroz had that long reach with constant straight punches. Both fighters were being smart but i agree needed to take more chances to achieve something substantial. I could care fucking less about fair weather entertainment. You have careers on the line that are dependent on win/loss records a lot more than entertaining fights.

If fans don't want to see you fight, you better be miles beyond everyone else in your division or you won't have a successful career. Look what happened to Jared Rosholt. By contrast, look how successful a career Joe Lauzon has had despite never coming close to a title shot.

The fight you've been describing is more akin to Ponzi vs. Cummings. It wasn't a great fight, but both fighters showed heart, technique, and a desire to win. Despite that, it was lackluster. That happens sometimes. But Moroz vs. Taylor was two fighters fighting not to lose, showing piss poor technique, and terrible fight IQ. Keeping proper distance is a fucking laugh. They were so out of range they each landed 1 strike per minute. Over 15 minutes. It wasn't due to great defense, it was due to horrible showcases of offensive skill by both fighters and overall timidity.

Comparable to a NBA team shooting 6% from the feild and having 30 points at the end of the 4th.

It's even worse than that. NBA teams average about 85 shots per game. So 6% is 5 made shots. That's 10 points.

Let's give her thebenefit of saying she landed at least 2 good shots in the fight. We'll call those 3 pointers, so now she's up to 12 points.

Let's be nice and give her a couple of free throws, so 14 points by the end of the game.

If you saw an NBA game where one team scored less than 20 points, AND WON, you would want your money back.

It's even worse than that. NBA teams average about 85 shots per game. So 6% is 5 made shots. That's 10 points.

Let's give her thebenefit of saying she landed at least 2 good shots in the fight. We'll call those 3 pointers, so now she's up to 12 points.

Let's be nice and give her a couple of free throws, so 14 points by the end of the game.

If you saw an NBA game where one team scored less than 20 points, AND WON, you would want your money back.

giphy.gif

Kimbo vs. Dada was still worse.
Those fighters gave everything they got in that fight. One had a stroke and a kidney failure, the other passed away a few months afterwards.

In the Moroz/Taylor fight they just punched air.

Back