Was Moroz/Taylor the worst fight of the year?

The Senator

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Even on a lackluster card, this fight stood out as one of the most boring, uneventful, frustrating match ups I've seen in a long time.

Moroz had a massive reach advantage, and some apparent ground skills, but seemed more than content to stand on the outside and land the jab and the one-two, without appearing to be trying to do any real damage. Taylor had a more difficult task, and I'm more sympathetic to her plight in this one, but she didn't cut the cage off, didn't do enough to get inside, and didn't go for broke when it was obvious that the fight was lost otherwise. There was little to no grappling that I can remember, no unpredictability in the slightest.

Neither fighter seemed to have any sense of urgency. It looked like a heavily attended light sparring session. I'm sure someone can think of a few more fights that were close to being as bad, but I'm thinking that Moroz/Taylor was the worst fight of the year to date.

Kimbo vs. Dada was still worse.

The announcers said moroz was trying to become more marketable to fans

Not fighting like that she wont

Kimbo vs. Dada was still worse.

Both in terms of consequences, and the in-cage action, I think you have a good case to be made. Technique was clearly worse by a large margin. I actually admit I enjoyed that one, though, in a Z-movie sort of way.

Moroz/Taylor is still the worst UFC fight of the year, though.

Yes. Tied with plenty of other WMMA matches

One of Kamaru Usmans fights gotta be up there

Carvalho vs. Manhoef was basically the same exact fight, but it went 5 rounds, and then ended in a complete bullshit decision. I'd say that one was worse.

But yes, Moroz vs. Taylor sucked. Bad.

It wasn't bad at all.

It was strategic and technical. Taylor can't just dive into that reach like an idiot.

She was just too inactive and needed to engage more. By no means was it a bad fight if you look at it from the perspective of the fighter and her opposition. I guess from a spoiled fans POV it wasn't an idiotic brawl like they want. Fans boo everything expect wild brawling so i wouldn't take much from the crowds awful booing.

It wasn't bad at all.

It was strategic and technical. Taylor can't just dive into that reach like an idiot.

She was just too inactive and needed to engage more. By no means was it a bad fight if you look at it from the perspective of the fighter and her opposition. I guess from a spoiled fans POV it wasn't an idiotic brawl like they want. Fans boo everything expect wild brawling so i wouldn't take much from the crowds awful booing.

Welcome to Sherdog mr. Anik. One question though, how can you call landing 6% of your fucking strikes being technical?

It wasn't bad at all.

Brian Stann, is that you?

Dude, the fight sucked. It's OK to admit a fight sucked. Taylor ran the whole fight and Moroz was content to punch air.

You can be the shorter fighter and still get inside and land strikes. Lineker does it in basically every fight, for example. Circling endlessly and throwing one overhand right bomb every 2 minutes is not the way to do it.

The size difference was pretty crazy. It was kind of adorable how tiny Taylor was though. I was entertained just by that and the one big right hand she landed. I gave her round two just for that punch and also because I wasn't taking the fight seriously at all by that point.

It wasn't bad at all.

Some people are very easily entertained.

Id rather watch two snails mate on repeat for an hour then watch that fight again.

It wasn't bad at all.

Moroz was not inactive at all, she was punching and kicking the air a ton. If she stepped a foot closer and threw strikes her opponent still wouldn't have been able to reach. It was a garbage fight.

It wasn't bad at all.

The crowd fucking blew last night all around. Completely quiet during some of some brutal exchanges.

Not referring to the Moroz fight.

Back