Was JDS really injured in the second fight?

Is there any evidence of that? We know he developed a problem. But how do we know that this problem developed from his training camp and not from the fight itself?

To me, he looked pretty normal in the fight. Yeah, he barely attacked, but that was because he was forced to fight at a pace that he is not used to. He have never had a guy exploding forward all the time, combining great wrestling with great striking. He didn

He was pissing out muscle tissue
I think the overtraining and his divorce were related .....difficult time and he may not have wanted to leave the gym and go home or maybe using training to feel good at a low point

Right. It's perfectly feasible. These are human beings.

I didn't belive the rhabdo until I saw all the money his camp was spending on preventing it.

not injured.

he pee'd black due to over-training, and that frightened him; but he wasn't injured.

He also separated from his wife right before the fight.

he said he felt flat on the fight, but never gave an excuse.

IMO the fight was over after Cain tagged him in the 1st round. He was in Auto-pilot for the remainder of the fight.

But that's about it.

Yea this is how I see it. Either way after this next fight there will be no excuses.

I love how Sherdoggers just pick and choose who can and can't have an excuse for a substandard performance.

Jones says he's 70% for a fight and 90% of the posts in the thread are bashing him and claiming he's making excuses...yet over half the posts in this thread are people giving excuses for why JDS looked like shit.

You know he was pissing out muscle tissue, right? Do you have any evidence to suggest its a lie, or are you just sitting back and assuming without spending two minutes researching the subject?

but he only did it after the fight; not saying it couldn't have happened in training but it could have also happened in the fight

He wasn't injured until Cain started beating him up. The "creatine" and "overtraining" nonsense is just people grasping for straws. Cain is an undeniably better fighter than JDS.

You know he was pissing out muscle tissue, right? Do you have any evidence to suggest its a lie, or are you just sitting back and assuming without spending two minutes researching the subject?

And you know that exerting yourself like crazy and getting the piss beat out of you for 25 mins could give you rhabdo, right? As opposed to him having it before the fight started.

Personally, I doubt he had it before the fight, but rather it developed due to the fight.

In fight 2, Junior was looking just fine until Cain punched him in the face and put him on his arse.

Things went downhill from there. JDS was shocked that he got caught in his comfort zone and never recovered, IMO.

Both have a great chance of winning this weekend, but I'm betting its a repeat of fight 2, rather than the first.

That's bullshit, Cain just smashed him. I do think the second fight will be more competitive though, JDS came in (or executed poorly) with a bad gameplan that night.

Don't you mean third? :)

I've posted this in a couple other threads. Getting whooped for 25 minutes with Cain was much more likely the cause.

Getting your butt whooped for 5 rounds is the more likely culprit. From medscape (sources are primary medical peer-reviewed literature):

The diagnosis of rhabdomyolysis can be confirmed using certain laboratory studies.[13] The most reliable and sensitive indicator of muscle injury is creatine kinase (CK). Assessing CK levels is most useful because of its ease of detection in serum and its presence in serum immediately after muscle injury.

CK levels rise within 12 hours of muscle injury, peak in 24-36 hours, and decrease at a rate of 30-40% per day.[65] The serum half-life of CK is approximately 36 hours. CK levels decline 3-5 days after resolution of muscle injury[13] ; failure of CK levels to decrease suggests ongoing muscle injury or development of a compartment syndrome. The peak CK level, especially when it is higher than 15,000 U/L, may be predictive of renal failure.[66]
The timeline of his lab values completely fits with trauma from the fight being the culprit of his elevated "creatine", NOT overtraining - it's far too long after a fight for that to be a likely culprit (although still possible). Admittedly, it's impossible to know for sure from the extremely limited information we have.

Besides, if he was wary of overtraining before the fight, don't you think he would've gotten levels BEFORE the fight? Somebody mindful of such a thing surely would have been aware of their levels beforehand. Couple that with the fact that he's brining up several reasons (oh, my wife too) and it really is starting to seem like an excuse.

And everyone ignores your post because they don't give a shit about what actually happened. It's way, way more likely that he had increased CK levels from getting his ass beat for 25 minutes, especially when he was tested that far out from training.

sherdog JDS fanboys before 2nd fight - Look at the pic's of him, he is a BEAST, he is gonna easily KO Cain again

After fight - divorce, overtraining, overconfident. He will KO Cain next time!!

Cain actually came in the 1st fight 10 pounds heavier and looking like he had crappy movement compared to usual but nobody mentions that.

Cain beat JDS into rhabdomyolysis. Thats why he pissed muscle AFTER the fight. Proof that getting beat up by Cain for 25min is literally like having a brick wall fall on you.

This^^^

The physical exertion that JDS forced himself into trying to survive against Cain gave him rhabdomyolysis.

Reminds me how Anderson said he had a broken rib going against Chael on their first fight. Yet in the fight itself you can clearly hear him telling Soares that Chael broke his rib on a takedown

Back