Was JDS really injured in the second fight?

His creatine levels were 1400. A shit ton above normal levels. He wasn't injured but severely overtrained.

37934491.jpg

the rhabdomyolysis is probably true. i mean, he did look overtrained in the second fight. the rest would be BS

I find it hard to believe a guy with his level of conditioning would get Rhabdo unless he was doing heavy weight training. He certainly didn't get it sparring/rolling and/or doing cardio of any type. I'm extremely fit and push myself until I have puked and still didn't get Rhabdo. Only people I know that have ever had it were out of shape and went too heavy/hard on the weights.
Anyhow, always excuses for the Nog camp win or lose. Also Cain made no excuses, only someone is his camp mentioned something.

Last edited:
Yeah but cains injury was legit not some made up BS story....I guess you have to blame it on something.

99% of all shertards are quilty of this, including the TS of this topic. Dont research shit and come up with your own conclusions is the shertards' favorite activity

Shertards rule!

Is there any evidence of that? We know he developed a problem. But how do we know that this problem developed from his training camp and not from the fight itself?

To me, he looked pretty normal in the fight. Yeah, he barely attacked, but that was because he was forced to fight at a pace that he is not used to. He have never had a guy exploding forward all the time, combining great wrestling with great striking. He didn

Lol jds nuthuggers at their finest. He was pissing muscle tissue because of the beat down that Cain have him.

Is there any evidence of that? We know he developed a problem. But how do we know that this problem developed from his training camp and not from the fight itself?

To me, he looked pretty normal in the fight. Yeah, he barely attacked, but that was because he was forced to fight at a pace that he is not used to. He have never had a guy exploding forward all the time, combining great wrestling with great striking. He didn

I find it hard to believe a guy with his level of conditioning would get Rhabdo unless he was doing heavy weight training. He certainly didn't get it sparring/rolling and/or doing cardio of any type. I'm extremely fit and push myself until I have puked and still didn't get Rhabdo. Only people I know that have ever had it were out of shape and went too heavy/hard on the weights.
Anyhow, always excuses for the Nog camp win or lose. Also Cain made no excuses, only someone is his camp mentioned something.

No matter your conditioning you can still over train. If a fit guy over trained for a month or so he could break his body down and get Rhabdo, sick, or whatever. If you can make yourself puke from 1 workout why wouldn't you be able to make yourself get Rhabdo from a month of overtraining. Getting hit all the time damages muscles and can cause Rhabdo. He was doing at least 2 things that can cause it.

Now, he lost the fight whether he had Rhabdo or not and I'm sure there are people who had it that have won fights. I have never heard or seen a source on this and either way he lost the fight and got beat up. Someone please post a source. I do find it interesting.

If he did over train then he is owning up to a mistake he and his camp made. If you over train or don't train enough in camp then it is your fault that you lost the fight.

I can't wait to see them fight again regardless of Rhabdo or whatever.

Probably because Cain was stronger & faster than JDS was in the 2nd fight.....ya think? Huh, ya think?:icon_lol:

JDS is always faster than Cain, that isn't going to change. This fight will be more competitive I believe. I am more of a JDS fan than Cain fan but I still have a gut feeling Cain wins this....hard to call.

sherdog JDS fanboys before 2nd fight - Look at the pic's of him, he is a BEAST, he is gonna easily KO Cain again

After fight - divorce, overtraining, overconfident. He will KO Cain next time!!

Cain actually came in the 1st fight 10 pounds heavier and looking like he had crappy movement compared to usual but nobody mentions that.

Cain beat JDS into rhabdomyolysis. Thats why he pissed muscle AFTER the fight. Proof that getting beat up by Cain for 25min is literally like having a brick wall fall on you.

Another possible cause if he had it. I still have no source on all this broke up with wife, Rabies, lol whatever.

I've posted this in a couple other threads. Getting whooped for 25 minutes with Cain was much more likely the cause.

Getting your butt whooped for 5 rounds is the more likely culprit. From medscape (sources are primary medical peer-reviewed literature):

The diagnosis of rhabdomyolysis can be confirmed using certain laboratory studies.[13] The most reliable and sensitive indicator of muscle injury is creatine kinase (CK). Assessing CK levels is most useful because of its ease of detection in serum and its presence in serum immediately after muscle injury.

CK levels rise within 12 hours of muscle injury, peak in 24-36 hours, and decrease at a rate of 30-40% per day.[65] The serum half-life of CK is approximately 36 hours. CK levels decline 3-5 days after resolution of muscle injury[13] ; failure of CK levels to decrease suggests ongoing muscle injury or development of a compartment syndrome. The peak CK level, especially when it is higher than 15,000 U/L, may be predictive of renal failure.[66]​

The timeline of his lab values completely fits with trauma from the fight being the culprit of his elevated "creatine", NOT overtraining - it's far too long after a fight for that to be a likely culprit (although still possible). Admittedly, it's impossible to know for sure from the extremely limited information we have.

Besides, if he was wary of overtraining before the fight, don't you think he would've gotten levels BEFORE the fight? Somebody mindful of such a thing surely would have been aware of their levels beforehand. Couple that with the fact that he's brining up several reasons (oh, my wife too) and it really is starting to seem like an excuse.

I believe he was injured, but I also believe the that Cain was better that night. And probably (and I'm saying this with sadness in my heart for being a JDS fan) will be better next saturday

Wasnt his problem the fact that he had broken up with his wife, who was also his manager. They had been together for something like 15 years. This shit will mess with your head.

Then he should have pulled out of the fight until he got his shit together. Same with GSP Serra 1.

this is MMA. You cannot take ANY opponent lightly or think you can win when you aren't 100% focused on the task at hand.

Back