was hendricks robbed last night? refresh my memory.

who cares, after the weight thing i'm just glad he lost.

he was back to his crotch sniffing overweight best if that helps

Magny stole rounds 1 and 3 with triangle chokes (each, from a different side). It was really close, but Johny let that one slip away.

Anyone who think magny won needs to stop watching mma
k i guess im out guys, peace.

last night had some of the best judging in a while imo. surprised at some of the 10-8s that i thought were deserved, and surprised that they rightfully scored magny the winner.

glad most of the mma media see that he won 1 and 3. weird that some pro fighter tweets think hendricks won.. blows my mind to be honest.

I was hoping to see Magny embarrass Hendricks, but yes, he was robbed. Magny did nothing. He couldn't even land a jab despite having about 6" superior reach and being 6'10" tall

Five years ago or so, that would have been given to Hendricks. Judges seem less inclined to reward lay and pray these days though.

I've no quarrels with it either way, couldn't give a shit about either Magny or Hendricks and I doubt either one will make any meaningful contribution to the division for the remainder of their careers.

He was on top a lot but Magny did more damage from the bottom. Jonny reverts to how he fought Lawler when he gasses. he presses his head in to the opponents crotch against the fence. It's not a good look.

http://www.fightmetric.com/fight-details/abf0f8234f6be37e

hendricks gets a take down, lands half the strikes that magny does (and imo most of magnys shots from teh bottom were better than johny from the top), and gets significantly threatened with a triangle in both rounds 1 and 3, and he was supposed to win those rounds? kek.

fight played out essentially the same as condit/hendricks but the judges went the other way with it this time. weird

I thought Hendricks won but I'm glad he didn't because I never like to see anyone who misses weight win the fight.

Fuck Hendricks and his super boring ass gameplans. I'm glad he lost, can't make weight like ever, and all he does is whine like a fuckin woman.

We've become accustomed to assuming whoever gets a takedown wins the round, because judges have been (unfortunately) scoring it that way for so long. Glad the judges got it right last night.

Na, it was a terrible fight. Pre-USADA Hendricks was a beast, this version stinks. All he did last night was get a few takedowns and no nothing with them, while Magny both times tied up triangles and elbowed the fuck out of the top of his head. Terrible showing for both IMO but Hendricks did nothing.

hendricks pressed forward and should have won based on pressure and takedowns. He certainly won the 2nd, and should have taken the first as well

I was in a hectic environment and alcoholic beverages may have been involved.
However i swore every time i looked up magny was missing and hendricks was taking him down, and holding position well.
Magny had some submissions that didn't look all that close, i really don't understand how he won that even though hendricks still doesn't look the same.
http://mmadecisions.com/decision/7612/Neil-Magny-vs-Johny-Hendricks

media had it for magny by a wide margin.

We've become accustomed to assuming whoever gets a takedown wins the round, because judges have been (unfortunately) scoring it that way for so long. Glad the judges got it right last night.

what is getting it right anymore? How are we as fans supposed to predict who will win a decision when the judges are so inconsistent. Is pressure more important then landing more when nothing significant lands for either guy? same question with takedowns. It's fucked. When scoring I usually say who i think won the round and then who i think the judges will give it to.

Robbed once again. I knew it. I was saying before fight was over. Judges gave a win to gsp. Then lawler. And they will screw him on magney too. Judges gave it to neil because of submission attempts but the attempts didnt look threatening to me. Hendricks in no pain and full of breath. He controlled a big majority of the fight. Takedowns big time. He was robbed for sure

The judges robbed KOS and Condit when Pig Rig fought them. He is in a lot of close fights and they go either way.

He was a do nothing blanket in this fight. At least Neil was trying to hurt and finish his opponent.

Very close fight, but Magny was actually trying to damage and possibly finish the fight while Hendricks was just laying. Could have gone either way without being a robbery but i'm glad they gave it to Magny.

Can anyone tell me what's changed with Hendricks pre gsp fight to now. He's a different fighter for some strange reason. I cant quite put my finger on it, but it's like he stopped doing something in training or something

Back