was hendricks robbed last night? refresh my memory.

Only by himself. The guys got it to the ground but had very little offence once he got it there. Shockingly the judges got it right for once and didn't just give the round to the guy on top by default.

Headcrotch Hendricks shot in against the cage got a takedown then essentially just laid on him without attempting to pass guard or strike or get a submission, Magny won by attempting submissions and throwing elbows from the bottom

Magny elbowed him in the dome from his failed triangle, that was the highlight of the fight so he won.

implying that offense and aggression counts more than controlling well
Implying that takedowns and top control count less than wrapping your leg around your oponents head and squeezing from the wrong position effectively not putting any real danger on hendricks counts as more offense.

Implying that takedowns and top control count less than wrapping your leg around your oponents head and squeezing from the wrong position effectively not putting any real danger on hendricks counts as more offense.

implying that a takedown and sleeping on your opponent's belly counts less than wrapping your leg around your opponents head and attacking with punches and elbows

implying that a takedown and sleeping on your opponent's belly counts less than wrapping your leg around your opponents head and attacking with punches and elbows
Actually im implying it counts MORE not less.

How so? Pretty sure he gspd magny.

He only clearly won the second. Magny had success standing in the first part of both the first and third before getting taken down and ended both rounds in sub attempts.

When you consider the fact that Hendricks landed no significant strikes on the ground and only played the position game, it's pretty easy to make the case for Magny winning those rounds.

I really don't see how anybody could be upset with that decision unless they watched when they were piss drunk and didn't pay attention to what was going on.

Implying that positional control doesn't count towards judging? Wrong.

It counts. However, even by that standard, he only controlled Magny for about half of those rounds. Magny was able to launch effective offensive during the other half. He didn't do enough to clearly win any round by the second.

He only clearly won the second. Magny had success standing in the first part of both the first and third before getting taken down and ended both rounds in sub attempts.

When you consider the fact that Hendricks landed no significant strikes on the ground and only played the position game, it's pretty easy to make the case for Magny winning those rounds.

I really don't see how anybody could be upset with that decision unless they watched when they were piss drunk and didn't pay attention to what was going on.
was bisping drunk and not paying attention, i just rewatched it, and im sorry hendricks won that

I'll give Hendricks this, he's getting used to these decisions. No freaking out like he did with GSP, just a casual walk off. I'm gonna call it the "Hendricks walk off" from now on every time he loses a controversial decision on the scorecards.

was bisping drunk and not paying attention, i just rewatched it, and im sorry hendricks won that

Well, Bisping does only have one good eye, so I wouldn't use him to make my argument.

The overwhelming media consensus was that Magny won.

4FQF4FT.png

Hendricks just didn't do enough to conclusively win the first and the third.

Last edited:
Well, Bisping does only have one good eye, so I wouldn't use him to make my argument.

The overwhelming media consensus was that Magny won.

4FQF4FT.png

Hendricks just didn't do enough to win the first and the third.
I think im going to chop it down to inconsistencies in judging.
One day they prefer top control another they prefer sub attempts.
For the majority of fights top control is winning.
I guess there's a argument for magny i just dont see it, i see hendricks winning that fight

I think im going to chop it down to inconsistencies in judging.
One day they prefer top control another they prefer sub attempts.
For the majority of fights top control is winning.
I guess there's a argument for magny i just dont see it, i see hendricks winning that fight

They've actually been moving away from the standard that top control without no other offense can decisively win a round for years. It's specifically deemphasized in the revised rules.

Back