Was Cowboy anticipating a glove tap after the opening bell?

typical fan
When people who probably dont even know much about the sport or even train thinks a fighter should retire after a loss haha

Or maybe its the fact this is his 3 TKO losses in a row and he is getting up in age for a cage fighter?
I am not calling for his retirement, but I do understand why some people do.
CTE is a real thing.

I think most fighters that gets stopped by strikes 3 times in a row should take a min to think about their future.

This makes me think all that buddy-buddy shit from Conor in the lead-up was a very calculated scheme to get Cowboy to let his guard down in the opening so that he could try to "sucker punch" him like that. It looked like he threw everything into that left, hoping for a quick KO that would outdo Masvidal's record.
lol sucker punch after the bell without any indication that he wanted a glove touch. I guess every KO is a sucker punch too. From now should fighters wait to see if their is ok before knocking them out?

But I get your point, since Conor didn't trash talk Cerrone it must mean he wanted to crack open a beer first before getting the fight stared.

It's not a "sucker punch" when the ref literally tells you to protect yourself at all times and then the bell rings to start the FIGHT. It's not like Conor raise his hand to touch gloves and then went for a punch like this twat:

0pfz2v2zvs301.gif
Dude but Cerrone wasn't expecting it right? I mean shouldn't Conor have explicitly told Donald, please don't touch gloves. Maybe even sent him a bouquet pre fight with a card and the message to let him know?

I thought that is what happened. Conor missed with a fast left and Donald ducked into his knee that he followed up with. Donald didn't make it obvious he wanted to touch, so it wasn't a cheap tactic by Conor.
Agree. It would only be cheap if Conor faked a touch and went for the shot instead. Just because Cerrone expected a touch, doesn't mean his opponent has to oblige.

Or maybe its the fact this is his 3 TKO losses in a row and he is getting up in age for a cage fighter?
CTE is a real thing.

I think most fighters that gets stopped by strikes 3 times in a row should take a min to think about their future.
I Agree, you can't un scramble eggs

I Agree, you can't un scramble eggs

I have had about 4 concussions 3 from training and 1 from a car crash.
After my last one I was done, sparring. I just knew it was time.
My brain had enough.

It's not a "sucker punch" when the ref literally tells you to protect yourself at all times and then the bell rings to start the FIGHT. It's not like Conor raise his hand to touch gloves and then went for a punch like this twat:

0pfz2v2zvs301.gif

No, it wouldn't be a sucker punch (hence the quotation marks) , but I used that phrase because we all know how he likes to sucker punch old guys, including cowboys lol.

CTE is a real thing.

I just said it cause of the way it sounded in the original comment

when u say it like that, that is fair then. He is 36 and his chances of capturing gold now are even more slimer etc. its not like he will be fighting for the belt

The issue was cowboy not fighting at all...he threw 1 body kick...nothing else. Didnt even attempt anything else...no strikes, no takedown in clinch or trip....no MT clinch from a MT background...sad.

He got dropped after like 20 seconds. Right after being hurt with shoulder strikes within the first 10 seconds. I'm surprised he even threw that kick. Are you an autist?

Maybe he will stop trying to play touch butt with his opponents all the time now.

He got dropped after like 20 seconds. Right after being hurt with shoulder strikes within the first 10 seconds. I'm surprised he even threw that kick. Are you an autist?
Shoulder strikes....yeah those are legit. I've seen tons of guys doing it...usually when pressing someone against the cage...never have they been effective. Sure, Tony messed up cowboys nose, in red king Lawler fashion, but still. Cowboy comes from a MT background. In a clinch, they are strong fighters. Cowboy could have a) when entering the clinch, he changed levels...could have went td...instead stood up. B) in a close clinch like ot was, a trip. Using his weight to push Conor backwards while using his leg to stop conors from moving to stabalize.. C) MT clinch....a second nature move to a MT trained fighter. Plumb the head, throw knees.

See the only strike cowboy threw was a body kick in the opening seconds...be4 the clinch. After not a single strike at all. A fighter who has many strikes available was so rocked by a shoulder shrug...that he forgot all his years of training, and 51 previous fights..and just stood there like a deer in headlights to get hit.

Conors high kick was actually toes first into the side of head...not a particularly hard strike with toes out...the idea is shin hits or top of your foot...not toes. And I'm sorry, it wasnt a hard solid strike at all. My issue is that cowboy didnt even fight back at all. This strikes me as odd, because of his experience. He has been in 51 fights...yet he does nothing at all but be a punching bag.

It felt to me like he was not fighting back on purpose. I had a theory that it was something he agreed to do, in order to not put any damage on Conor. Who could then step in vs khabib if Tony gets injured. Since dana and Conor both know khabib wont just grant Conor a rematch, especially with 1 win vs a fighter who lost his previous 2 by tko, also the fight being at 170 not 155. Kinda creates a backdoor for Conor to slip into the khabib rematch without having to win legit fights at 155 firs.t.

Yes it's just a theory, and I'm not saying it's TRUE at all...its just a possibility. When I see a veteran fighter like cowboy, even as a "slow starter" not fight back it sticks out. Against tony, he fought back...and Tony was doing far far more damage than Conor did. Cowboy also wasnt upset at all by the loss...like he expected it really. He took minimal damage, even in turtle position, blocking most of the strikes. He never once showed he was on weak legs...even after the supposed damaging shrugs. Yes he bleed, because tony had smashed his nose like 2 months ago...see rory...his nose was never the same..u touch it and he bleeds...

If something happens to Tony, at the last minute, and there is absolutely no one else to step in but conor...it seems awfully convenient. We shall see how it plays out but if it plays out that way, then donald was in on it no doubt. I hope it's not the case honestly. I dont think Conor should be able to just jump over justin. That's another thing, dana and Conor have pretty much said stuff like khabib had already beat tony. Like the fight was already decided. Saying how Conor gets next shot at khabib...not at the belt. But at khabib. Etc.

Shoulder strikes....yeah those are legit. I've seen tons of guys doing it...usually when pressing someone against the cage...never have they been effective. Sure, Tony messed up cowboys nose, in red king Lawler fashion, but still. Cowboy comes from a MT background. In a clinch, they are strong fighters. Cowboy could have a) when entering the clinch, he changed levels...could have went td...instead stood up. B) in a close clinch like ot was, a trip. Using his weight to push Conor backwards while using his leg to stop conors from moving to stabalize.. C) MT clinch....a second nature move to a MT trained fighter. Plumb the head, throw knees.

See the only strike cowboy threw was a body kick in the opening seconds...be4 the clinch. After not a single strike at all. A fighter who has many strikes available was so rocked by a shoulder shrug...that he forgot all his years of training, and 51 previous fights..and just stood there like a deer in headlights to get hit.

Conors high kick was actually toes first into the side of head...not a particularly hard strike with toes out...the idea is shin hits or top of your foot...not toes. And I'm sorry, it wasnt a hard solid strike at all. My issue is that cowboy didnt even fight back at all. This strikes me as odd, because of his experience. He has been in 51 fights...yet he does nothing at all but be a punching bag.

It felt to me like he was not fighting back on purpose. I had a theory that it was something he agreed to do, in order to not put any damage on Conor. Who could then step in vs khabib if Tony gets injured. Since dana and Conor both know khabib wont just grant Conor a rematch, especially with 1 win vs a fighter who lost his previous 2 by tko, also the fight being at 170 not 155. Kinda creates a backdoor for Conor to slip into the khabib rematch without having to win legit fights at 155 firs.t.

Yes it's just a theory, and I'm not saying it's TRUE at all...its just a possibility. When I see a veteran fighter like cowboy, even as a "slow starter" not fight back it sticks out. Against tony, he fought back...and Tony was doing far far more damage than Conor did. Cowboy also wasnt upset at all by the loss...like he expected it really. He took minimal damage, even in turtle position, blocking most of the strikes. He never once showed he was on weak legs...even after the supposed damaging shrugs. Yes he bleed, because tony had smashed his nose like 2 months ago...see rory...his nose was never the same..u touch it and he bleeds...

If something happens to Tony, at the last minute, and there is absolutely no one else to step in but conor...it seems awfully convenient. We shall see how it plays out but if it plays out that way, then donald was in on it no doubt. I hope it's not the case honestly. I dont think Conor should be able to just jump over justin. That's another thing, dana and Conor have pretty much said stuff like khabib had already beat tony. Like the fight was already decided. Saying how Conor gets next shot at khabib...not at the belt. But at khabib. Etc.

Mate, the shoulder strikes fucked up his nose and his left eye. He was probably rocked and also shocked at the same time. He wasn't expecting to be hurt like that so early and with that kind of move. It affected him mentally and Cerrone is already notorious for choking on pressure.
He threw one kick but how much can you expect when the fight was very short and he got hurt within 10 seconds and was recovering?

There was a picture here of that kick and it looked like it landed with the "knuckles" of the foot and not with the toes out. And it was right on the chin.

Also look how Conor ducks down then pushes up with his legs when using his shoulder. Sort of like you'd put your legs into an uppercut

There was a picture here of that kick and it looked like it landed with the "knuckles" of the foot and not with the toes out. And it was right on the chin.
No one ever thought anyone to hit with toes or knuckles of toes....its not suppose to be like that at all. It landed on back of jaw area...but with toes first...all the power of the kick is nullified by putting it into smaller contact points that are less ridged. It's like punching with your fingers extended...its not good. It's more of a poke than a hard strike. It doesnt even matter really, look at cowboys face vs tony....he wanted to keep fighting...look at all the shots he took in that fight vs the ones he took vs Conor and the visible damage they inflicted...its not even close. Donald was there for a payday. Didnt try to fight at all. Was sad really.

Also look how Conor ducks down then pushes up with his legs when using his shoulder. Sort of like you'd put your legs into an uppercut
On 1 of them yes. But I've seen the exact same from many guys. Which would have been harder strikes because their opponent was trapped against the cage...shoulder strikes are not an effective striking technique...even for god Conor.

No one ever thought anyone to hit with toes or knuckles of toes....its not suppose to be like that at all. It landed on back of jaw area...but with toes first...all the power of the kick is nullified by putting it into smaller contact points that are less ridged. It's like punching with your fingers extended...its not good. It's more of a poke than a hard strike. It doesnt even matter really, look at cowboys face vs tony....he wanted to keep fighting...look at all the shots he took in that fight vs the ones he took vs Conor and the visible damage they inflicted...its not even close. Donald was there for a payday. Didnt try to fight at all. Was sad really.
It knocked his head sideways so it must of done something lol. We've seen people get knocked out by jabs in mma

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back