Was Cowboy anticipating a glove tap after the opening bell?

DS66

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
It looked to me like Cowboy was slowly walking out to the center, looking to tap gloves with Conor before getting into it. Cowboy often goes for the glove tap/high five at the beginning of rounds, and with the respect and love Cowboy and Conor had been showing each other during fight week, he probably thought Conor would go for it as well.

But Conor jumped at him, connected with the flying knee, clinched up and mashed him with the shoulder strikes, and the rest is history. Poor Cowboy.

Last edited:
The issue was cowboy not fighting at all...he threw 1 body kick...nothing else. Didnt even attempt anything else...no strikes, no takedown in clinch or trip....no MT clinch from a MT background...sad.

looked like he was definitely expecting the glove tap, for sure.

It's amazing how dumb someone has to be to trust Conor when he's known to do this in all of his past fights. Cerrone was so busy counting the money and kissing ass that he didn't even watch tape. Nice call bro. I thought the same thing after watching the conference. Conor was putting Cerrone in an awkward situation where he was stuck being the nice guy beta.

Maybe next time Cerrone will shine his shoes before the conference too. LMAO Cerrone is fucking garbage. Retire

andersonsilvashoulderchael.gif

the original shoulder strike

The issue was cowboy not fighting at all...he threw 1 body kick...nothing else. Didnt even attempt anything else...no strikes, no takedown in clinch or trip....no MT clinch from a MT background...sad.

It’s almost like a professional MMA fighter will make it hard for you to mount offence.

Defend yourself at all times..

Punch missed anyway..

It's amazing how dumb someone has to be to trust Conor when he's known to do this in all of his past fights. Cerrone was so busy counting the money and kissing ass that he didn't even watch tape. Nice call bro. I thought the same thing after watching the conference. Conor was putting Cerrone in an awkward situation where he was stuck being the nice guy beta.

Maybe next time Cerrone will shine his shoes before the conference too. LMAO Cerrone is fucking garbage. Retire
typical fan
When people who probably dont even know much about the sport or even train thinks a fighter should retire after a loss haha

LOLOLOLOL. I blinded Donald with a laser pointer from the rafters. Get the eff outta here

I never understood how you could trust someone to touch gloves with you. I would touch before and shake hands after, definitely not after the ref says go.

This makes me think all that buddy-buddy shit from Conor in the lead-up was a very calculated scheme to get Cowboy to let his guard down in the opening so that he could try to "sucker punch" him like that. It looked like he threw everything into that left, hoping for a quick KO that would outdo Masvidal's record.

I thought that is what happened. Conor missed with a fast left and Donald ducked into his knee that he followed up with. Donald didn't make it obvious he wanted to touch, so it wasn't a cheap tactic by Conor.

It’s almost like a professional MMA fighter will make it hard for you to mount offence.
The shoulder shrugs must have confused donald so much he forgot his previous 51 fights and years of training....conors new defense I'd the best ever.

This makes me think all that buddy-buddy shit from Conor in the lead-up was a very calculated scheme to get Cowboy to let his guard down in the opening so that he could try to "sucker punch" him like that. It looked like he threw everything into that left, hoping for a quick KO that would outdo Masvidal's record.

It's not a "sucker punch" when the ref literally tells you to protect yourself at all times and then the bell rings to start the FIGHT. It's not like Conor raise his hand to touch gloves and then went for a punch like this twat:

0pfz2v2zvs301.gif

Back