Was anyone else impressed with Erick Silva performance against Fitch...

SL9

Believe
Reaction score
Despite nearly getting finished I was impressed with his agressiveness and sub attempts and tougness. Maybe he wasn't ready for the step up but I thought it was a good performance.

What do you think?

It was truly his Condit/MacDonald. He'll go on a killing spree after this, I just know it.

I was impressed with his submission game and to a lesser extent his submission defense.

People hyped him hard and he got destroyed. He still needs a lot of work but he has potential. But people were talking about him being champ back then.

He was tough, and he is definately a legit good fighter with a future, but I was not impressed by that particular fight.

People hyped him hard and he got destroyed. He still needs a lot of work but he has potential. But people were talking about him being champ back then.

Erick Silva got destroyed? What fight did u watch ?
He could have won if he didn't run out of gas.

It was truly his Condit/MacDonald. He'll go on a killing spree after this, I just know it.
Lol they were nothing a like and Rory is a lot more claim and collected, also seems to have a much higher fight IQ.

The sub attempts didn't make up for the rest of the fight.

Despite nearly getting finished I was impressed with his agressiveness and sub attempts and tougness. Maybe he wasn't ready for the step up but I thought it was a good performance.

What do you think?

GSP wasn't

He did awesome until the moment he could not finish the RNC.

He showed the skills, but wasn't prepared to beat someone like Fitch.

his rnc looked tight. fitch is really hard to sub

What do you think?
I was absolutely impressed with them both. What a fight!

Great potential...he had a lot of heart in that fight...and most people didn't notice this...but this was a different, far more aggressive jon Fitch we have seen as well.

Erick Silva is going places.

The judges scored it 29-28 (x2) and 30-27, no way could you describe that fight as Silva getting "destroyed".

Silva fought competitively for the first 2 rounds but his stamina failed him in the final round and he got controlled by a more experienced fighter.

Silva comes off as overly-confident in his abilities in his rather reckless style but at the same time I really like it because it puts on a show, that unpredictability factor. However, if he wants to be more successful he should learn to better time those "bursts" and not gas out.

Back