Was anyone else impressed with Erick Silva performance against Fitch...

I think he's definitely good enough to beat the middle of the pack guys.

he didn't respect fitch's strenght, and he payed for it.

Erick Silva got destroyed? What fight did u watch ?
He could have won if he didn't run out of gas.

That's what happens when you're fighting a seasoned vet who can ragdoll you, and you spend a minute plus squeezing a choke that isn't going to happen.

Yeah, I think people kinda forgot why Fitch was almost unanimously considered the second best ww in the world for like four years.
All things considered, Silva did very well.

everyone loses against broke fitch. everyone

up until he gassed. if he had more left in the tank, he might've been able to finish that rnc, he probably wouldn't have been reversed, and he wouldn't have lost such a lopsided 3rd rounds. he himself admitted that he did not prepare as well as he should have, or followed his trainer's instructions.

That's what happens when you're fighting a seasoned vet who can ragdoll you, and you spend a minute plus squeezing a choke that isn't going to happen.

do you know what ragdoll means? fitch doesn't ragdoll anyone. he latches and drags guys to the ground. keep your shirt on, sally.

everyone loses against broke fitch. everyone

Exactly-you fight a man whose wife will probably leave him if he doesn't come up with a house payment and you're going to have a tough time.

I think Silva will have some solid wins and make a name for himself in MMA but he fought one of the best fighters in his division who was highly motivated and shit happens. He's still a top talent.

and IIRC even fitch said something like "he'll beat the shit outta my ass in two years" but assuming he mananges to get a gas tank he may be top 5 material

i was impressed by silva. i thought he was going to get destroyed way worst then he did.

He survived the onslaught of Broke Fitch. That takes heart.

Yeah I was impressed. Given the fast finishes of Ramos and Charlie I'd say a good showing against a guy like Fitch was impressive. I think Erik will be around for a good long while and could be a future champ perhaps. I see Mike Brown, Hathaway, Riddle, Paulo thiago as his next fight.

Despite nearly getting finished I was impressed with his agressiveness and sub attempts and tougness. Maybe he wasn't ready for the step up but I thought it was a good performance.

What do you think?

yep, but im a biased. ive been a fan since he got signed and already knew he was gonna lose to fitch in that exact fashion (as did many people im sure).

Destroyed might be a strong word but he clearly lost.

He did lose certainly and not an over close fight.

But it takes a very special kind of special to use the words "destroyed" and "lost" interchangably, tis surely a sign of sub par intellect.

Destroyed? Lol, the first round was basically even and he won the 2nd easy. It actually was a pretty close fight before he gassed out. Got destroyed he says lol.
Lol at the first round being basically even, it was a dominant round for Fitch. The second round was basically even and the fight should have been stopped in the third. Second round was close, the fight as a whole was not.

Back