• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Was 2Pac a fraud?

Songs

So many Tears
Brenda
If I die tonight
Ambitous as a Ridah
Pi rture me Rollin
Hail Mary

Some of greatest rap tracks ever imo. If he saw a few up close so what.
Even if he was gay, he’s still the GOAT and I’ll always be a fan

Dunno about greatest but he is up there. Personally I would say Nas .

So Many Tears is IMO greatest rap track ever made.
Hail Mary
Can’t c me
How do u want it
Cali love
Until the end of time
All out
Toss it up
Troublesome 96
Americaz most wanted

Was Knight really a "gangsta" though? I thought he was a big ex football player that acted hard. I know he was associated with the Pyros but don't how he really was into it.
He ran a portion of the LAPD as his security. Do you not remember how feared he was in the 90's? He beat the shit out of Easy-E to get Dre released from his record deal with Ruthless. He was also a very smart business man. I mean he was a gangster in the true mafia style sense.

He ran a portion of the LAPD as his security. Do you not remember how feared he was in the 90's? He beat the shit out of Easy-E to get Dre released from his record deal with Ruthless. He was also a very smart business man. I mean he was a gangster in the true mafia style sense.
Way I understood it - he was football player who got into being a body gaurd and then started trying to build a label. He was a big guy with connections with Pyros in Compton that provided his muscle to shake folks down etc.. like Vanilla Ice and Easy - though by that time Easy wasn't Gsngster easy anymore . When hecmade it he hired mostly lapd to be security.

I'm sure he was a gangster in some respect but I'm not buying he was like a Bumpy Johnson or Frank.

lol at wanting to be Malcom x yet pushing nothing but violence and being a thug. He was a hypocrite or just was with the black savior stuff so he could get famous, seen that didn’t work so went full gangster rapper.

The theory is that he intended to seduce the crips and bloods into a single movement, "thug life", rather than having two warring gangs killing each other. To do that he would have to embrace violence and be seen as legit by both groups. You don't unite the tribes by being different from them.

Once again just a theory, not saying I buy any of that but it is interesting

The theory is that he intended to seduce the crips and bloods into a single movement, "thug life", rather than having two warring gangs killing each other. To do that he would have to embrace violence and be seen as legit by both groups. You don't unite the tribes by being different from them.

Once again just a theory, not saying I buy any of that but it is interesting
He not only started violence with gang sets but tried to start a whole east coast west coast war. He got a lot of people killed, no way he was trying to unite anyone. He wanted to be a real blood and died after jumping a crip lol

He not only started violence with gang sets but tried to start a whole east coast west coast war. He got a lot of people killed, no way he was trying to unite anyone. He wanted to be a real blood and died after jumping a crip lol

He was paranoid after being shot, being shot traumatized him and changed him into who he became.

Didn't the CIA get involved to push gangsta rap to ensure positive hip hop didn't get big? So they could ensure the degradation of black families and culture?

Like how they pushed crack into black urban areas?
That's just a narrative people say. There's no real proof of it

Way I understood it - he was football player who got into being a body gaurd and then started trying to build a label. He was a big guy with connections with Pyros in Compton that provided his muscle to shake folks down etc.. like Vanilla Ice and Easy - though by that time Easy wasn't Gsngster easy anymore . When hecmade it he hired mostly lapd to be security.

I'm sure he was a gangster in some respect but I'm not buying he was like a Bumpy Johnson or Frank.
Go watch Suge Knight: American Knightmare. It was done by Anton Faqua the director who did training day. Great documentary and gives a lot of insight on how much power Suge had.

Probably a part time gay. Showbiz is a different culture. Gotta say though, sitting around gossiping over which men are gay is 90 degrees of a bent wrist gay <smellit>

No it's not. Young boys grow up idolizing these :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s and I have a son.

Most rappers are a fraud in some way or another

And Suge knight was a big bad man, till he went to prison
Gangbangers in prison said he was a puppy dog

Yeah he was a theatre kid. That whole gangsta persona was a character.

This is my main problem with rap and why I can't get into most of it. I love metal, example: this band Amon Amarth sings about Viking stuff, raiding villages, killing people, fighting gods, but they don't go out in the real world and act like Vikings. With most rappers though, especially nowadays, they live good lives and then start rapping all this crazy shit about being a gangster and killing people, and then THEY go out into the real world acting like the shit they make music about. It's a joke.

Also hard to get into rap when 90% of it is "I got this, I got that, I do this, I do that, me, me, me, I, I, I, twerk bitch"

This is my main problem with rap and why I can't get into most of it. I love metal, example: this band Amon Amarth sings about Viking stuff, raiding villages, killing people, fighting gods, but they don't go out in the real world and act like Vikings. With most rappers though, especially nowadays, they live good lives and then start rapping all this crazy shit about being a gangster and killing people, and then THEY go out into the real world acting like the shit they make music about. It's a joke.

Also hard to get into rap when 90% of it is "I got this, I got that, I do this, I do that, me, me, me, I, I, I, twerk bitch"
I get that. I grew up with both. I love 80s-90s Rap and Metal. Both can get silly. But there will always be a difference between style and substance. Mainstream Rap is ALL style now. In the late 80s, the glam era had jumped the shark and music changed. It needed to. Rap has always been derivative. It doesn't exist with using someone else's music. So it has grown stagnant. Metal can reinvent itself because there are talent requirements in playing instruments and writing true songs.

I think he was more a fraud in the sense that people talk about him like he was some prophet or genius philosopher who was like a positive role model for the youth or something. He was just another commie kid who got radicalized from his activist mom and probably his time in college too.

He did grow up in the hood in a rough environment but he himself wasn't a gangster. So as far as the studio gangster stuff he wasn't much different from the others. Most of these rappers weren't real gangsters, if they were then they probably didn't do much to build there rep as a gangbanger on the streets or they would be in jail already. But mostly they were just kids who grew up in the hood and knew people in gangs, had loose affiliations or were some two but dope dealer at the most. Ice cube is a good example. For as aggressive as his music is, he was never no gangster. He went to college and actually got a degree, also grew up in a pretty stable family even though he was from the ghetto. Even Suge Knight who people talk about as being the ultimate mob boss in hip hop. He didn't grow up being in gangs either. He actually had a stable upbringing as well. Then once he milked the football thing for as far as he could, he got into the music industry and started surrounding himself and being like a gangster

Ever hear the history behind the song dude looks like a lady? Aerosmith and motley Crue were touring and after a concert Aerosmith went into a bar. One of their members checked out a group of girls and said damn they're hot. Turns out they were motley crew
Guys obsessed with fashion, shoes, and jewelry. Guys who were so petty, irrational, and conceited, they advocated murder because someone said something bad about them. Guys who thought it's cool to sag your pants and show your drawers in front of the boys. Grabbing your dick in front of other dudes. Guys heavy into materialism and consumerism. Seems the whole thing was gay and 2pac probably was too. I think a ton of the entertainment industry superstars are / were gay or sold their (ass)soul for fame and fortune. Casting couch seems to apply to dudes as well. Maybe the one-hit wonders were the only ones with dignity?

Same as glam rock / heavy metal culture in the 70's / 80's. The way you really get girls is to have long permed hair, wear make-up, earings, and tight leather pants. Dudes being full on cross dressers while performing. You look back on these things at an older age with a much different perspective.

Back