Elections Warren says Sanders told her a woman couldn't win the presidency

Agreed, I think there's a huge difference between "A woman can't be a good President" and "A woman can't win this election."

There is a difference, but outright discounting a woman's chances is still undercutting them. Even if it's a harsh truth, it could still be viewed as sexist ignorance.

FTR, I don't think he told her that in any form. I believe Warren is either flat out making it up, or purposefully taking something he said WAY out of context. If it was Biden, I would believe her 100%. Bernie genuinely doesn't seem to have that kind of mindset in him, almost to a fault, so even if had said something that could be misconstrued, I do not buy for one second that it was meant as Warren is framing it.

Ah, I see. That would make sense. These guys aren’t exactly the most original when it comes to their passive aggressiveness

You could even say that just like communists they produce nothing worthwhile and just take from those who do.

I’m actually curious of @Jack V Savage opinion on that back and forth questioning. I know you’re not a believer in any media bias against Bernie so I’m curious if you felt like the outright ignorance of his response means anything.

There is a difference, but outright discounting a woman's chances is still undercutting them. Even if it's a harsh truth, it could still be viewed as sexist ignorance.

FTR, I don't think he told her that in any form. I believe Warren is either flat out making it up, or purposefully taking something he said WAY out of context. If it was Biden, I would believe her 100%. Bernie genuinely doesn't seem to have that kind of mindset in him, almost to a fault, so even if had said something that could be misconstrued, I do not buy for one second that it was meant as Warren is framing it.
I don't think Bernie said it either. I think he probably said something about the voting history of women in the previous election, the reasons behind those votes, how they intersect with female candidates, and what that looks like relative to the 2020 election. And Warren has chosen to misrepresent it as "He said a woman can't win." Beyond this situation, I find her disingenuous for some hard to articulate reason so maybe I'm just sexist, lol.

So let me understand this correctly.

Warren and her staff make a complete fabrication and ridiculous accusation against Bernie sanders...he disagrees with and defends himself, and him doing makes him sexist.

Lol, what a fucking world we live in.
This. You can tell who truly is an anti-establishment candidate by the disgusting smear campaign against them.

I’m actually curious of @Jack V Savage opinion on that back and forth questioning. I know you’re not a believer in any media bias against Bernie so I’m curious if you felt like the outright ignorance of his response means anything.

Seems like a simple matter of having questions prepared and asking them.

Seriously though you don't find the Sanders tirade against the media kind of disturbing? We're supposed to have a free press. This is like a direct attack on journalists and the first amendment.

There is no free press in the US. It's owned by a handful of mega corporations and billionaires. The journalists and opinion hosts/writers that they hire are only the ones who won't challenge the structure of the system that oligarchs benefit from.

There are countless examples of ridiculous media bias against Sanders over the past year. Look at some of the shenanigans from WaPo, which is owned by Bezos.

They ran 16 negative editorials and zero positive ones in the 24 hours after he formally launched his campaign.

https://fair.org/home/washington-post-ran-16-negative-stories-on-bernie-sanders-in-16-hours/

Then they started running "fact checks" claiming that Bernie was wrong about things that they previously reported to be true.

Seriously why do you goofs always say “cuck” and “daddy”? Is it a sexual problem thing?

Anyways... alternate personality..your chosen one is a doormat, it’s ok it’s not like you’re losing money on it or anything. Unless you actually “donated” money to doormat bern. That’s where the word “cuck” is actually valid
That's one thing Bern isnt a doormat on - no refunds!
Their donations go to the establishment.

Agreed, I think there's a huge difference between "A woman can't be a good President" and "A woman can't win this election."

Why do you think a woman couldn't beat Trump?

I'm guessing his bullying tactics?

I just want to say to any Sanders supporters, that I think this is exactly what the media wanted, and it has weakened the economic populist movement.

I am far more concerned with that, than I am how gross Warren is for participating in this.
I posted that a fee days ago. They permanently dissuaded people from Bernie. Which if he gets the nomination will be hard to fix. The media is so unimaginative and this will damage the left.

Why do you think a woman couldn't beat Trump?

I'm guessing his bullying tactics?
A variety of reasons but I think the most salient thing I read is about gender and that women perceive voting for a man as similar to voting for their father or their husband. With that in mind, you need a particularly compelling woman candidate to overcome the sort of ingrained expectation that your dad should be making these decisions, not your mom. And, yes, that sounds sexist as all hell but it's how many people, women included, think.

One of the primary reasons that I always thought Trump was being underrated as a 2016 candidate (and I think I wrote about it on here back then but I'm not sure) is that he had a longstanding reputation as a success figure. As a brand, "Trump" was extremely strong and his personal failings had little to do with his branding as a successful business magnate. Years after the fact, I think any rational person should understand just how much of that brand is smoke and mirrors but we also know that it's hard to change a brand's image. Which is why it's foolish to assume that he will lose 2020 as a result of his current candidacy - he's had failings but nothing so significant that it changes his ingrained brand for people who formed their sense of the world in the 1980s and 1990s.

So, I expect that we're going into 2020 with a scenario that's pretty similar to 2016. And in 2016, women didn't dump Trump over his behaviors and I don't think they will now. That means you need fence sitting women to vote for a relatively low experience woman over a man with a term's worth of experience. I don't think it happens.

Again, this isn't Bernie's fault but more so CNN and the media trying to take a story about the emotional complexities of being a woman trying to gain power and shifting it to being about how Bernie is a sexist (he isn't).

It seems like you have a huge blind spot here.

Elizabeth Warren is to blame. Warren's aides leaked this to CNN the day before the debate. That was not a coincidence. It was a calculated political hit job against a "friend".

Show me Bernie in a tirade against the media

Being very charitable, it's possible he's referencing some criticism of Sanders' surrogates and campaign staffers like David Sirota, Brianna Gray Joy and Nina Turner. They point out how ridiculous the media coverage is in interviews and on Twitter on a daily basis.

Seems like a simple matter of having questions prepared and asking them.

poor moderation then? You have someone flat out denying something and to just turn around and pretend like that didn’t happen is pure amateur hour, no?

poor moderation then? You have someone flat out denying something and to just turn around and pretend like that didn’t happen is pure amateur hour, no?

I guess? I don't really expect changes to questions based on answers to other ones, but in general, I think the moderation strategy of trying to start fights over nothing is bad. The best questions, IMO, are fairly open-ended ones that draw out candidates' thinking about issues or general philosophy. So I wouldn't disagree with poor moderation, but I'd focus on different areas when making that judgment.

I think Bernie said no one who looks like a elementary school social studies teacher, could be elected president, and she heard woman.

This. You can tell who truly is an anti-establishment candidate by the disgusting smear campaign against them.

thats very true. Just like trump.

But Bernie and many of his supporters “believed” Ms Ford due to politics and wanted to destroy a mans life and family over it.

soooooooo..........

Back