War Room OT Discussion v5

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I need is some daughter of a high priced defense attorney.

Pics!

Nah I’m not discounting them. I have some shitheads as coworkers as well, sure. But they’re not the majority. Out of any population of hundreds you’ll have some assholes.

Well, when it comes to that a little bit goes a long way. Unfortunately there's also the perception of other cops shielding the shitheads from consequences. Who knows how much of what happens, but for me personally the negative interactions have outweighed the ones where they weren't needless dicks. So while I'm not going to judge any one individual because they're a cop, I'm not gonna be singing the praises of the profession either. More stories about officers saving freezing puppies would help. :D

Pics!

Well, when it comes to that a little bit goes a long way. Unfortunately there's also the perception of other cops shielding the shitheads from consequences. Who knows how much of what happens, but for me personally the negative interactions have outweighed the ones where they weren't needless dicks. So while I'm not going to judge any one individual because they're a cop, I'm not gonna be singing the praises of the profession either. More stories about officers saving freezing puppies would help. :D

Well I haven’t saved any freezing puppies, but here’s a story of something I’m pretty proud of:

call comes in of a stabbing, I’m the first officer on the scene. Gun drawn, I arrive and am promptly greeted by an elderly Filipino lady who’s losing her shit. I ask, “is the house clear?” She says yes, and frantically leads me out back to the yard. It’s immediately apparent this isn’t the typical stabbing.

The back yard is a giant chicken fighting arena lined with cages and cages of chickens. Cockfighting is pretty popular out here. If you didn’t know, during cockfights the chickens have a “gaff” or knife affixed to their talon to make the fights deadly. This guy had been stabbed by one of his chickens!

The bad news is he was stabbed in his femoral artery, and was bleeding out. They had tried to tie a shirt around the wound but there wasn’t enough pressure, the blood soaked through and was everywhere. Thankfully I always have my CAT (tourniquet) on me and immediately applied it as high on his thigh as I could.

The EMTs arrived shortly after, and amazingly the guy lived. But I was told that if I hadn’t put that tourniquet on when I did he probably wouldn’t have made it. I think he had lost over 2 liters of blood by then as it was.

This guy had been stabbed by one of his chickens!

Funny-Animal-Laughing-Sea-Lion-Picture.jpg

Seriously, good job man. But yeah, saving a cockfighter doesn't warm the old heart like freezing puppies. :D

Instead of finding a job you need to be looking for a sugar-mama.
Yeah I've worked pretty hard I think for what I have but IIRC on my high school questioners I stated my intended future dream profession as "pool boy". I still haven't given up on that dream.

Jon Jones is exactly the Dave Chappelle of MMA. Should be undisputed GOAT but keeps holding himself back. He shows up and does amazing work, then disappears for a long time to get his head straight, then comes back with even more skill and suspiciously larger muscles.

Jon Jones is exactly the Dave Chappelle of MMA. Should be undisputed GOAT but keeps holding himself back. He shows up and does amazing work, then disappears for a long time to get his head straight, then comes back with even more skill and suspiciously larger muscles.
I hope they clear him, frankly. I really want Jones v. the winner of DC/Stipe. MMA is pretty boring to me lately, and I need this.

I hope they clear him, frankly. I really want Jones v. the winner of DC/Stipe. MMA is pretty boring to me lately, and I need this.
I can't imagine Jones passing all of the piss tests at HW, but I really want to see him fight Stipe.

Except Dave Chappelle sucks

I've pretty much lost interest in mma

Zuckerberg just sold another 100 million worth of Facebook stock. What does he need all this money for?

No doubt.

Biggest issue is I have to move to either Thurston County (Olympia) or King County (Seattle/Kent/Bellevue).

COL will kill me a bit I'm sure.

Before I read the last line, I thought "Cost of living will kill him there".

Before I read the last line, I thought "Cost of living will kill him there".
My thought is, given experience in as well as my technical ability in the programs used and typing speed (depending on the travel of the keys of a keyboard I can hit 100 WPM with like... 98% accuracy) I am going to pull a LeRoid and basically ask for "max deals".

If these assholes really want me they better at least double my gross annual salary so that I can even live down there. I refuse to live paycheck to paycheck in the big city.

EDIT:
My other thought is I have been upfront with my boss about applying so hopefully, just MAYBE, someone will talk to my County's HR department about bumping up my pay here so they don't lose me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back