War Room Lounge v87: MAKE RACISM GREAT AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who are some "motivational" speakers you afford credibility to?

Or which individuals do you find to be inspiring and attempt to emulate their outlook on life?

Who are some "motivational" speakers you afford credibility to?

Or which individuals do you find to be inspiring and attempt to emulate their outlook on life?

Goggins is pretty good but you have to have the right personality to buy into the way he is.

The Star Wars universe, is an overrated pile of crap.

<NightKingBringIt>
Kinda like the universe your emoji is from. Seasons 1-5 great, season 8 is so bad it fell to jump the shark levels bad.

Goggins is pretty good but you have to have the right personality to buy into the way he is.

Kinda like the universe your emoji is from. Seasons 1-5 great, season 8 is so bad it fell to jump the shark levels bad.

Except the original Star Wars story was still complete trash.

Except the original Star Wars story was still complete trash.
It's formulaic is what I'd say. But it was a huge portion of my childhood so FUCK YOU.

As to Game of Thrones... only mufucka that had a decent ending to his arc that was satisfying was The Hound. Yes he died but he got to take out his brother in the process in a very Hound way. Cersei dies being hugged by a supposedly redeemed Jaime? FUCK THAT SHIT I WANTED THAT CUNT DRAWN AND QUARTERED AND GETTING TO SEE EVERY GRIZZLY DETAIL!

It's formulaic is what I'd say. But it was a huge portion of my childhood so FUCK YOU.

As to Game of Thrones... only mufucka that had a decent ending to his arc that was satisfying was The Hound. Yes he died but he got to take out his brother in the process in a very Hound way. Cersei dies being hugged by a supposedly redeemed Jaime? FUCK THAT SHIT I WANTED THAT CUNT DRAWN AND QUARTERED AND GETTING TO SEE EVERY GRIZZLY DETAIL!

Try to defend the story from "The Return of the Jedi", I dare you.

i dunno if there's much variation in throat singing but i thought i recognised that gurgling

I don't think there's a ton cause this guy doesn't sound much different than The Hu do:

Try to defend the story from "The Return of the Jedi", I dare you.
*SlaveLeia.jpg

That's... that's frankly ALL I have for that one. Empire is still my favorite of the OG ones. I just hate how the Force is this constant Deus Ex Machina it pisses me off to no end.

Just alone the "rescue Han" portion from the first third is ass.

- Jabba doesn't recognize Han's best friend in Lando?
- Jabba doesn't get suspicious that Luke's hologram barters for Han with his droids he presents as gifts
- And IMMEDIATELY this other person shows up with Chewie in tow?
- Then Luke shows up after Leia is imprisoned?

IS THIS MOTHERFUCKER THE BALTIMORE POLICE FROM THE WIRE?!

I don't think there's a ton cause this guy doesn't sound much different than The Hu do:

*SlaveLeia.jpg

That's... that's frankly ALL I have for that one. Empire is still my favorite of the OG ones. I just hate how the Force is this constant Deus Ex Machina it pisses me off to no end.

Just alone the "rescue Han" portion from the first third is ass.

- Jabba doesn't recognize Han's best friend in Lando?
- Jabba doesn't get suspicious that Luke's hologram barters for Han with his droids he presents as gifts
- And IMMEDIATELY this other person shows up with Chewie in tow?
- Then Luke shows up after Leia is imprisoned?

IS THIS MOTHERFUCKER THE BALTIMORE POLICE FROM THE WIRE?!

Fucking Ewoks.

HeY Guiys WhAt Is GoiNg On In Here

Honest question because guys like you fascinate me. Why is racism SUCH a big deal to you? Especially when it's just some guy you don't even know irl just talking?

He didn't kill anyone. He didn't even touch anyone. He didn't wish death on anyone and he didn't advocate violence on anyone.

But time and time again I see guys like you acting like saying something 'racist' is worse than physically hurting someone and I just don't understand it.

I was brought up to believe in the whole 'sticks and stones' thing. Why do you let words wound you so badly? Just ignore the guy. You are doing this to yourself by giving him the attention.

Ok. So he called a black guy an ape. That sucks. He totally shouldn't have done that, but I just don't see why it's such a big deal. I guess I never will.

Replying here in the hope you are being sincere and that this may lead to something constructive.

There are a couple of things to consider.
First, please understand that there is the long, rich history behind the racist monkey trope, which has lingering effects in society today. This isn't something that the SJWs decided to be offended about the day after Obama was elected.

Second, if you haven't come to the conclusion that racism is a problem by now, then you likely aren't going to be persuaded by anything I have to say. In general, most people would say that murdering, assaulting or threatening someone is worse than using a slur, but that doesn't mean the slur is acceptable.

That out of the way, your personal high threshold for hate speech notwithstanding it is the view of most of society (including the advertisers that support this website) that unabashed racism is unacceptable. So the questions behind this incident can boil down to A) was what wai said acceptable, and B) if was not acceptable, what is an appropriate incentive/deterrent to ensure that it won't happen again. Ignoring it would indicate to others that the behavior was acceptable. If that is your opinion, then you can defend it, although your time might be better spent pissing up a rope. If you think it was unacceptable, but banning his account (while allowing him to make another one less than 24 hours after the fact without trying to hide his identity or show remorse for his actions) was too harsh, perhaps you can offer an alternative. If that's the route you want to go, you also have to consider that he was on dubs for other unacceptable behavior.

Yea , david goggins is definitely in the top 5 for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back